It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Examples Of The U.S. Nanny State Gone Wild

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
sOURCE

#1 New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has announced that he wants to ban the sale of all large sodas and sugary drinks in order to fight obesity. Personally I don't have any sodas in my refrigerator, but I certainly do not want the government telling me that I am banned from drinking large sodas. Every American should have the freedom to decide if they want to drink soda or not.

#2 In North Carolina, authorities are threatening to send a blogger to prison for blogging about his battle against diabetes....
#3 In San Francisco, if you do not recycle your trash correctly you can be fined up to $500.

#4 The following are just some of the cities that have started using RFID tracking chips to monitor the recycling habits of their citizens....

*Cleveland, Ohio

*Charlotte, North Carolina

*Alexandria, Virginia

*Boise, Idaho

*Dayton, Ohio

*Flint, Michigan

#5 In Minnetonka, Minnesota you can be fined up to $2,000 for having a muddy vehicle.

#6 In Hazelwood, Missouri it is against the law for little girls to sell girl scout cookies in front of their own homes.

#7 San Francisco has implemented a ban on Happy Meal toys.

Click the article to see the rest of them. Im sure there many many many other reasons and examples of the U.S. Nanny state going wild with control over its citizens!

What do you think? Too much? any other examples you wanna share?

Thoughts?!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
#5 In Minnetonka, Minnesota you can be fined up to $2,000 for having a muddy vehicle.

Not true.
Thought it looked a bit suspect, so a simple google search finds the above "law" to be a lie, a complete falsehood.

The muddyness of your vehicle is not in question. The problem is that they (quite rightfully IMHO) dont want you dropping that mud onto the road.

845.010. Public Nuisances Affecting Peace, Safety and General Welfare.
11. a truck or other vehicle whose wheels or tires deposit mud, dirt, sticky substances, litter or other material on any street or highway;

link

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

#14 In Hilton Head, South Carolina it is illegal to have trash in your car.

This one is also a gross misrepresentation of the facts as well.

“to place, leave, dump, or permit to accumulate any garbage, rubbish or trash in any building, vehicle and their surrounding areas in the town so that the same shall or may afford food or harborage for rats.”

If you've got so much garbage in your car that it is attracting rats, in my opinion that should quite rightfully be worthy of some kind of penalty.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

#11 In San Juan Capistrano, California it is against the law to hold a home Bible study without a "conditional use permit".

Again, a wilful misrepresentation of the facts, intended to cause outrage.

There was ONE case where...

Fromm... wanted to hold Bible studies on Wednesdays that drew some 20 people, while similar studies on Sundays attracted up to 50...

Thats not a simple bible study at home, the sheer number of people attending an organised event every week was the problem.

city code section 9-3.301 prohibits religious organizations in residential neighborhoods

Nothing there about banning "bible study".

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

soooo... you're one of those control freaks aren't you?

i was wondering what your major malfunction was

your 1st 3 posts above are all cases of exactly what you are claiming to denounce in them

tergiversations

you're putting your own spin on what they mean to make them out as not a big deal L
L

never mind that legalese is a language that only LOOKS like english

edit on 31-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
i was wondering what your major malfunction was

My "major malfunction" is seeking the truth, rather than sensationalistic simplifications.

There are many things in the world that are wrong and need announcing to the world, but the laws I discussed above, are not some of them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The thing that people don't seem to grasp is there is no "stop" button in government. When you decide that others have authority over you, the populace, and the same populace pays the governmental agents to control them, then said agents must make laws, and laws, and laws and laws. Their mandate is to control the population, no where in any constitution (state or fed) does it say "when you reach this point stop!" No, it just says keep making laws as long as the people place you in a position to make them - be sure to enforce them too.

There is no end, where will only be a breakdown when too much is controlled to make the process livable.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

#11 In San Juan Capistrano, California it is against the law to hold a home Bible study without a "conditional use permit".

But it's OK to hold a home study on Scientology, Judaism, Islam or any other religion without a permit?

Inch by inch and step by step our freedoms erode. We are looking more like North Korea with each passing day.

It's time to vote out all the control freaks
edit on 6/3/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

top topics

join