It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw codename "pumpkinseed"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
There is documentation (declassified accident report) and there is physical evidence at the crash site. These prove conclusively that the airplane was an F-117A.

Doesn't disprove the abilities of "pumpkinseed" though.
Although I honestly would tend to agree with this point.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Hi Shark_Feeder,

Interesting story from your friend but it sounds to me as though it would be using a similar propulsion method as an aerospike which has certainly been tested in the white world and does work. However I am skeptical about some of the numbers you mentioned. I highly doubt that friction ignition would be occurring at around Mach 1 as you just dont have enough of a temperature spike at that speed from friction to see auto ignition. There is nothing wrong with the theory just the speed involved. No standard Jet A1/JP type fuel would ignite at those low temps. The only way to do it would be to produce special low ignition point fuels, but the problem with these is that they would be inherently highly dangerous. Not saying it is not possible but maybe not practical. Most likely is that either you or your friend had the numbers confused. Maybe you could clarify this with them?

LEE.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebozeian
However I am skeptical about some of the numbers you mentioned. I highly doubt that friction ignition would be occurring at around Mach 1 as you just dont have enough of a temperature spike at that speed from friction to see auto ignition. There is nothing wrong with the theory just the speed involved. No standard Jet A1/JP type fuel would ignite at those low temps. The only way to do it would be to produce special low ignition point fuels, but the problem with these is that they would be inherently highly dangerous. Not saying it is not possible but maybe not practical. Most likely is that either you or your friend had the numbers confused. Maybe you could clarify this with them?

LEE.

Oh any mistaken numbers would be entirely my fault.
This conversation would have been several years ago...around 2002. I am in no way an aeronautical engineer, so this was my friend's expertise talking, and my poor memory interpreting.

I have no doubt you are right about both the speed and fuel. I do believe he was right about the existence of this system, but I think you are right too. The vehicle would be unstable, like the propulsion system... most likely why he now works for the US Navy.
Said he wanted a steady paycheck.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Completely not an expert at what I'm about to inquire on hoping some ATSrs could help me out. The pumpkin Seed craft. you said that it leaks fuel which covers the exterior of the craft and the friction of the air ignites the fuel.

Would there be potential air lamination around large areas of the skin of the craft which would not have friction and thus no heat to ignite the craft. I dunno cause I'm not an aeronautical engineer. Wouldn't the fuel if it ignited only occur in certain areas around the skin of the craft because of this and cause unstable force vectors propulsion wise to the craft.? I dunno. just asking. it was an idea that just popped into my head reading the post about the pumpkin seed propulsion.

any thoughts, or feedback?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input everyone. If what I saw was an x47 then so be it, but I'm still on the fence myself.
The world of classified and experimental aircraft is a foggy one.
But hey I got to see something special anyhow.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ,BASSPLYR

I was led to believe that fuel , either liquid methane or h2, was injected into the shockwave cone trailing the aircraft from ports just behind thickest portion of the aircraft. And that it had to be above a certain airspeed for the shockwave to form and be stable enough to contain the fuel burn.
There is some really good info on these type of planes in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
That sounds like the second X-47B being transported to Patuxent River, MD, for testing. The first one generated all sorts of witness reports of a "UFO wrapped in plastic on a flatbed truck." Northrop Grumman officials knew that removing the wings for transport would make it look like a flying saucer, so they made sure to leave the landing gear down so people would see that it was just an airplane.

Also, the airplane that crashed near Bakersfield, CA, in July 1986 was most definitely a Lockheed F-117A and not any sort of "pumpkinseed" or other mythical aircraft. Witnesses seeing the black airplane against the pitch black sky did not have a clear view of it before it crashed since the accident happened several hours before dawn. The accident report has long since been declassified, and there is ample physical evidence at the scene to confirm the aircraft's identity as an F-117A.

The F-117A 's pilot was experienced in flying the F4, F5, F15 and A7. His name was Major Ross " Bandit 198" Mulhare of the 4450th TG. He left behind his lovely wife and four children. His disorientation was similar to the problems of the F-22. His sacrifice and patriotism will never be forgotten.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I took Mulhare's daughter to the crash site for the 20th anniversary of the accident. We erected a new flag pole and American flag at the memorial left by the recovery crews. Mulhare, known to his friends as "Mule," was one of several F-117A pilots who lost their lives to fatigue/disorientation mishaps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join