It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im pretty sure we aren't living in a Zombie Apocalypse...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
reply to post by boymonkey74

I would say it was a more border line mental illness . Nowhere in the animal kingdom do any animal kill for pleasure . Self defense is different. It is as if some of these people actually get off on the idea of it. Nothing primal about it. Defending family is primal.

Actually, dolphins kill for fun.

And ants wage war everyday.

link   
reply to post by LeTan

If people want to be a hero , go cut the grass of the elder lady who lives across the street , help a disables person who is struggling . Protest for inequalities. Take down a cop who is over stepping his boundaries. Stand up to our leaders. There are a billion things people can do about being a hero. Then to sit around with a blood lust fantasy

link   

Originally posted by LeTan
reply to post by freedomSlave

My sense of empathy tells me that people just want to be heroes. I mean who DOESN'T?

We have all seen the zombie flicks from the original Night of the Living dead up to today with The Walking Dead on AMC. Who doesn't want to be part of that group of people who are on..more exciting adventures than you and I?

It doesn't mean they are stupid by any means. In reality, most of us know it can never happen. However, there is always that "What if" moment.

Exactly what i was thinking

It's a similar type of "what if" moment as with "what if" i won the lotto? then the fantasies start lol

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I would say it was a more border line mental illness . Nowhere in the animal kingdom do any animal kill for pleasure . Self defense is different. It is as if some of these people actually get off on the idea of it. Nothing primal about it. Defending family is primal.

Perhaps they were trying to purge the defective dolphin
edit on 31/5/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

reply to post by LeTan

If people want to be a hero , go cut the grass of the elder lady who lives across the street , help a disables person who is struggling . Protest for inequalities. Take down a cop who is over stepping his boundaries. Stand up to our leaders. There are a billion things people can do about being a hero. Then to sit around with a blood lust fantasy

I'm sorry, I will not further dishonor my ancestors with my foolish quest for my idea of being a hero. Your view on what a hero should be doing is the correct procedures.

Thank you for making me realize my uncontrollable inner blood lust.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I noticed the location do you know lurrrrrr?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

pretty sure

Sorry, but we're talking ZOMBIES here!! Pretty sure just isn't going to cut it!

Until you are absolutely sure, I will keep my shotgun loaded and machete polished.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The dolphins were killing porpoises for fun. It's interesting you mention purging the defective. Since animals don't kill for fun in your mind, does that mean that we should follow their example?

Should we start purging defective humans?

Heh, I'm sorry, my sick zombie fantasy mind just thought to myself "What if they kill porpoises so they can train themselves to kill baby dolphins?"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I agree with you.

Animals kill for fun all the time. Why would they say otherwise? Never had a housecat? Never watched a dog with a bumblebee or frog? They don't just kill, they maim, torture, and drag it out awhile. They also kill just for spite, or just to put a female back into heat. They will kill competitors for resources, just to save the resources. Laws of the jungle are harsh.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

You have not seen my cat play with and kill mice
he purrs like mad just after he snaps the little buggers necks.
I agree with you though, but who hasn't been in a supermarket with tons of screaming kids, stupid shoppers or people paying by credit card for a £2 bill and thought "If I had an Uzi" lol or is that just me

edit on 31-5-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Animals are territorial, and like to play and are like 4 times the size of a mouse. House cats are still predators. As for the people that is the intelligence nose dive irritating you.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Anyone herd of that Zombie training camp they have somewhere in the U.S? lol i'll try to find the link again.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The dolphins were killing porpoises for fun. It's interesting you mention purging the defective. Since animals don't kill for fun in your mind, does that mean that we should follow their example?

Should we start purging defective humans?

Heh, I'm sorry, my sick zombie fantasy mind just thought to myself "What if they kill porpoises so they can train themselves to kill baby dolphins?"
in some cases yes or detain them indefinably . If someone in hitlers circle had the balls to do it early on could of saved the world alot of devastation . Why do we let out rapist and child molesters that keep re offending. Or violent people who pose a threat to society out to re offend over and over

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Also we are human beings we should have a higher logical and ethical understanding than that of our house pets.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndWise
Anyone herd of that Zombie training camp they have somewhere in the U.S? lol i'll try to find the link again.

Not sure about that... but my state has its own Zombie Response Team...

Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Interesting for sure... never been involved myself though

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Originally posted by EndWise

Not sure about that... but my state has its own Zombie Response Team...

Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Interesting for sure... never been involved myself though

Ah yes i think i have herd of that one.
Just googling it there seems to be a few popping up now..... what next?

www.zombiesurvivalcourse.com...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
LoL zombie survival course wow ... look ma I saw em zombies on tv ... they gotz to be real . Because hollywood wouldn't just make things up. Do these people think frodo existed because lord of the rings was on tv.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

But a few years ago, there was a man found by the police on the sidewalk, playing with his intestines, he slit his belly open
and guess what? WAS ON METH.

Back in 2000, a rapper by the name of Big Lurch ATE his girlfriend while under the influence of PCP...

If you do more searching on the web, you will find more crazy and disturbing things than a man high on PCP chewing on another mans head while being shot...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If you dont understand why people like the idea of a zombie apocalypse you probably shouldn't judge them
. Your'e over simplified analysis of the individuals who enjoy this facet of pop culture is rather unitelligent actually! You seem to condemn instantly something you freely admit to not understanding.

Ill try my best to help you understand, but promise nothing.

Yes alot of people would love to run around popping zombies heads like zits with guns. You know what? Thats ok! Not only are zombies incapable of thought they are extremely dangerous. They un-live to feed upon human flesh! Thus making these gun toting zombie enthusiasts a very necessary bunch for the continued propagation of the human species during a zombie viral outbreak.

There are also those like myself! I happen to think thata zombie viral outbreak would be the pinnacle test in survival and subsequently the most romantic circumstances in which to find a mate or to rekindle any waning flame between already entangled couples. The stories write themselves

And lastly there is just a part of me that finds a mindless predator that is incapable of feeling or thoughts just needs to die. Not only for my sake but to cleanse humanity of such an evil creation.

Symbolicly speaking, zombies represent what is flawed about humanity. They are really the anti-human. They are not able to show affection, not able to discriminate good or evil. They represent the truly evil attrocities capable of man. Truly this is why it illicits such a strong following in others. It propagates everything good about us as individuals and on a whole while demonizing the character flaws inherent in society.

That my friend is why. I hope you have a better understanding now!

Regards

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Look at Greece - Mass Suicides

Are these people in there right minds (I don't think so)? Are they in a state they can't control (loss of hope)? More and more reports of zombie apocalypse will happen, some drug induced and some not (drug abuse lost hope). The worlds people are unsettled in a mass scale, and can't trust there own government and politicians. I world is awaking to a new age, hold on we are in for a rough ride.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Ok show me one viable case of a zombie . This IMHO is a delusional fantasy. People watch wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much tv. Even if there was a zombie out break brains is what will save your life ( pun intended) Locking yourself in a house with x amount of ammo , will only get one so far. Logically thinking wouldn't it make more sense to get away from the populated areas until they die off? Or can zombies start cars and pursuit the people who are fleeing? Or maybe they are fast zombies that can out run a motor vehicle at super sonic speeds! I guess some people want to be Rambo and have a fantasy one man army against a legion. Be the hero american style with guns blazin lol . Or maybe go joint the army if people wanna be Rambo/ hero , or they to worried about the live things that are shooting back at them.

(edit)And I do understand the idea why people like them and it is rather disturbing on so many levels !

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join