It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Announces Plans To Arm Domestic Surveillance Drones With Missiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Despite the benefits of blowing an SUV full of bad guys or anyone else to *%&$ during a police chase, Why?
Sorry if I missed this story if it's already posted. I looked. Looking for a more credible source.
***The US military has revealed that stronger and more powerful versions of the famed Predator drones, known as MQ-9 Reaper drones, are being fitted with missiles and other explosive ordinances as part of a deployment of 30,000 drones authorized to fly over the US by the NDAA and the armed drones will now be operating inside the United States.***
Twitter
www.syracuse.com...
edit on 31-5-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I beleive that the first serious incident with these drones will be the catalyst that sets the world ablaze. This could be the beginning of a revolution that will span the globe.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rcanem

Governments trying to control the population in the name of greed. I see it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
now most of the context of drone use in the US is in the light of being used against us US citizens, but has anyone thought about an actual threat on or land from a foreign body?

as a former US naval sailer, i know it sounds outlandish that anyone could breach our lands by a naval force, but its hard to conceive why the US would monitor its own lands like this.

civil unrest? unlikely to use drones.

are we coming upon a disaster? an asteroid or something? why the huge force with these?
are they gonna launch missiles into crowds of people? sounds unlikely.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A quote from the article

"Col. Kevin Bradley, commander of the 174th Fighter Wing, has said that any Reaper drones that eventually fly out of Hancock would not be equipped with missiles or bombs. No training would take place within civilian air space, Bradley said. "

So according to the article that your linked, the drones would not be armed.

Further in the article they did talk about using weapons only for testing.

I think your headline is misleading.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Strangely remeniscent of the John Connor movies.....30,000 drones?
@ how much apiece?
Plus 30,000 pilots and treble that in support staff.....all of that to stop car chases???
We are talking a separate airforce, a whole new service........the Drone Airforce.....
What will they spend your hard earned taxes on next?
Maybe now the people will wake up to the writing on the wall.......if not....... freedom is dead.....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nothing to see here you haven't done anything wrong!
/sarcasm.

Follow the money on the path to tyranny.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

From Nevada, each drone pilot can control many drones. 2-4 seem normal.
www.reuters.com...

The perfect job for today's youth who grow up immersed in video games and constant barrage of info.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They are arming them with missiles for the same reason they do overseas. To kill targets. Unfortunately for us, WE are the targets. Some of us may already be on an assassination list and not even know it. I'm not joking in the slightest bit. I have a thread going on a separate but directly linked topic to this. Mine examines a petition that just popped up on the Whitehouse.gov website that is requesting the creation of a DO NOT KILL list. This petition was started because the government currently has a KILL list that is backed and ordered directly by the POTUS. It allows for a drone to assasinate a civilian target without a proper trial.

These threads would compliment each other well.

Here is mine:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: DONT BOTHER GOING TO MY LINK. MODERATOR "DONTREADONME" REMOVED IT. His reason was because he said I was promoting a petition. When my opening post used the link as a source and I even stated that it was worthy of discussion of whether or not it was even safe to sign. Great job denying ignorance ATS. I bring a worthy topic for discussion and a mod removes it.. Freaking classic.
edit on 31-5-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
A quote from the article

"Col. Kevin Bradley, commander of the 174th Fighter Wing, has said that any Reaper drones that eventually fly out of Hancock would not be equipped with missiles or bombs. No training would take place within civilian air space, Bradley said. "

So according to the article that your linked, the drones would not be armed.

Further in the article they did talk about using weapons only for testing.

I think your headline is misleading.

Tell it to the story source. I quoted the headline. But again I ask why droning the sky anyway?
I know we have extra money to .... Ok, I know we the people asked for .... Ok, I know Obama will save ..... Hmmm. Nevermind!
edit on 31-5-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
c'mon...the military flies armed planes over america every day, the only difference drones have is the pilot IS NOT on board. the paranoia is getting thick here.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That's fine.. Just lay down and take it.

Are you that thick to think that an armed drone with video surveillance capabilities, unmanned and used specifically FOR the intent of surveillance is the same thing as practice maneuvers and piloted aircraft flying through our skies?

Why do we need the damn drones HERE in the first place?
Have you ever read 1984?
Are you up to date with all of the other perverse exploitation happening regarding our rights?
How about the Patriot Act?
Do you value the document that this country was founded on?
Better yet.. Do you value freedom?

It doesn't take a genius to connect point A to point B. They have been taking away our rights and continually adding restrictions and reducing our privacy all in the name of "security" for awhile now.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Could this be why they took GPS coordinates of homes during the last census? Welcome to the Totalitarian state of Amerika.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We are in big trouble if they decide to iraq us from the air. This is exactly what is needed to control the earth by the few.
They can hide in bunkers and fire missiles at " terrists"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

I think you are onto something.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The first damned "shot" they take better be a good one.

'Cause they won't get a second.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Reminds me of 1984, when random rocket-bombs were dropped on cities by the government to maintain a climate of fear and paranoia.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

From your own friggin' source:

Col. Kevin Bradley, commander of the 174th Fighter Wing, has said that any Reaper drones that eventually fly out of Hancock would not be equipped with missiles or bombs. No training would take place within civilian air space, Bradley said. The drones would be armed with live ordnance only when used at firing ranges at Fort Drum near Watertown. Central New York peace activists have protested the Air National Guard's decision to base the drones at Hancock Field.

I dont like drones, but I dislike propaganda and fear-mongering more.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Armed drones over America skies where there is no threat whatsoever and that damn NDAA this is quite different the country I grew up in is dead.

Zeig Heil!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Even if a drone kills an innocent and its all over the MSM. Nothing will happen. The government doesnt care, and the people dont care either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join