It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stupidity of Zero tolerance strikes again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I am very thankful on a daily basis I didn't grow up in this time frame. The school system thanks to the Board of Education and the National Education Association is a daily joke.

I would definately if I had any kids try my best to either home school or work three jobs if I had to put them through a private school.

This zero tolerance thing is a major stupidity perpetrated not only on kids but parents and the public whose tax money is keeping charge of the school system.

Here is an example instead of trying to get help for this girl and her family the "fine upstanding" law enforcement does this to the poor girl a straight A student. Ridiculous waste of time for law enforcement should be going after real criminals. Here's the story what do you think?

Nick Allen, Los Angeles

A teenager was jailed for 24 hours in Texas for truancy despite missing school so she could work two jobs to support her family.Diane Tran, a 17-year-old straight-A student, was hauled before a court after breaching the state's truancy law.That allows only three unexcused day absent per month, or 10 days in a six-month period, before schools notify the court.

edit on 30-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
yeh this has been posted a few times already. ive been saying it since i was in elementary school, parents need to stand up the educational system. they're power hungry tyrants

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
yeh this has been posted a few times already. ive been saying it since i was in elementary school, parents need to stand up the educational system. they're power hungry tyrants

True, but when Ms. Tran enrolled and registered for classes, she gave consent for the school to act on her behalf as a guardian, and truancy can mean a number of things, including possible kidnapping. The Amber alert system isn't to be taken lightly, and events like this, while understandable once all the facts are present are no reason to be more lax when it comes to the whereabouts of children.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

True, but when Ms. Tran enrolled and registered for classes, she gave consent for the school to act on her behalf as a guardian, and truancy can mean a number of things, including possible kidnapping. The Amber alert system isn't to be taken lightly, and events like this, while understandable once all the facts are present are no reason to be more lax when it comes to the whereabouts of children.

yeah i guess i didnt read the whole story. but the fact still stands that the educational system has been growing power hungry for a while

join