It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the US Military Soon Turn Against Americans?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
the american government has already killed americans

September 30, 2011.[38] Two weeks later Al-Awlaki's 16-year-old son, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen who was born in Denver, was also killed by a CIA-led drone

en.wikipedia.org...

no trial of course
trials are for sissies

Obama's kill list - All males near drone strike sites are terrorists
Depending on whom you ask, the Obama administration has either executed hundreds of civilians abroad with poorly planned drone strikes or none at all. A new report, however, finally offers insight into those conflicting conclusions.
A New York Times article published on Tuesday unearths a lot of information about the White House’s largely secretive drone program: despite being a hallmark of the presidency of Barack Obama, authorities working under the commander-in-chief — as well as Obama himself — are for the most part mum when questions arise about the administration’s ongoing air strikes by way of unmanned robotic aircraft. In particular, the question of civilian casualties and the death toll of innocent Afghans and Pakistanis who have lost their life at the hands of Washington’s war machine are often left unanswered or, even worse, addressed differently. According to the Times’ latest write-up, though, the Obama administration has some scandalous opinions on who can and can’t be killed by its murder program.
The White House convinces itself that the Obama-ordered air strikes overseas have not killed many civilians because, according to the president, any and all men near around a drone target are considered enemies of America and can be executed without being added to the count of civilian casualties

rt.com...

What is wrong with the President sitting in a room, looking at lists and portraits of people—a Somali man, a seventeen-year-old girl, an American citizen—and deciding whom to kill? That, according to long and troubling articles in both the Times and Newsweek, is a job Barack Obama has assigned himself

www.newyorker.com...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I forgot to add
any american soldier (Or any nationality) who goes along with killing americans ( or any people of their own nationality) without due process is a chicken poop pansy
edit on 31-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Bravo Zulu Seabag!

I too am a member and supporter of The Oath Keepers and whole heartedly support their movement and what they stand for. I have said on numerous threads about this subject that US Military personnel would never be okay with turning on the American people. The American citizens are the friends and family members of our service men and women. Sure there would be a small percentage that would go alongwithit but it would be miniscule amount.

People should understand that there is a big difference between the power hungry politicians that make the law and the men and women whom truly want to serve this nation. I have had numerous conversations withboth myfellow soldiers when I was active and vets and they all say the same thing, No Way!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

I was stationed at Fort Bliss for a while and I have seen first hand all the weapons they have. If they wanted to start a war they would no problem doing so. Not to mention the radar base they have in the desert that doesn't appear on any map.

You know, anyone can start a war if they want to - it's just a question of scale. They would find that starting the war wasn't the problem, but coming to that "oh crap, what now?" moment would bring them some wisdom... perhaps too late.

Lets compare some numbers of Korean troops and such against what they would have arrayed against them. Sure.ROK marines are a tough bunch, but even an elephant will be dragged down if enough lions pile on. So how many Koreans, Germans, etc are at Ft. Bliss, and how many millions do you think they could mow down before running out of splodey stuff?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

People should understand that there is a big difference between the power hungry politicians that make the law and the men and women whom truly want to serve this nation.

That point is important because you know as well as I do a lot of negativity is directed toward the people who do the work rather than those making the decisions. For the most part, those who serve do so for the right reasons and they take their oath seriously. If the power hungry politicians (or even power hungry police or military commanders) cross the line and give unlawful orders they will be met with resistance by most who serve. There were great examples of this in the second video I posted in the OP.

I have had numerous conversations withboth myfellow soldiers when I was active and vets and they all say the same thing, No Way!

That is the same thing I’ve heard as well. I believe most will say No Way!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the american government has already killed americans

September 30, 2011.[38] Two weeks later Al-Awlaki's 16-year-old son, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen who was born in Denver, was also killed by a CIA-led drone

en.wikipedia.org...

no trial of course
trials are for sissies

You’re talking about killing people in the theater of operations overseas during time of war. That has nothing to do with American military members killing their fellow citizens here at home under martial law conditions?

If you’re an American citizen who travels thousands of miles across the globe into enemy territory and stands opposed to US troops then DAMN RIGHT you’re going to be killed because your actions were traitorous.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am encouraged to know that such an organisation does indeed exist.
They need to start informing us the public who intend to resist the NWO or whatever, just what to focus on.....
They need to take a leading role in the protests that we have tried form.
Too few were willing to stand up for the OWS protests......
The Oathkeepers must begin to organise us as soon as possible....or at least inform us as to what is expected of armed american patriots....Those with military training, those will guerilla training or anti guerilla training must be about spreading the information to us the people.....
Like in USSR.....Samizdat(pamphlets) annonymously penned but full of resistance info should be circulating right now.....There has never been a greater need than now to prepare the people to resist the tyranical grip of the Nazi/fascist leaning US goverment.
The best way is spread the knowledge of how to resist.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

once they've all been chipped, sure

they don't seem to have any problems targetting civilians as it is.

maybe the chips will make them perceive americans as muslims

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Very good thread! I was worried about this exact scenario until a couple months ago. I was browsing YouTube and stumbled upon an Oath Keepers video and it was so powerful and refreshing. It was a huge boost to my faith and pride!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It is good to some clear consensus on these boards at times, but here is the situation if the powers really do want to cull the population. The nature of war is evolving so do not expect a repeat of the civil war / war of independence days. The army is already well established and it will be each other over resources as the banks are closed, electricity turned off, fuel cut off and food no longer distributed. For a bit more of an idea www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some pockets around the country are ready for such and will survive, but the major cities will become no mans land as the means for sustainability are low to non existent. We are in a catch 22 with our corporate overlords in terms of survival. If you want to stop the turn key for Armageddon then you really need to be on the ball as once it starts there is no going back, heads up people.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've been following the Oathkeepers for a few years now...S & F for you !! I'm a Viet Nam vet and fully support the Oathkeepers and what they stand for. However, I do think that many in the military will do as ordered and fire on Americans, because they'll be convinced of the threat of domestic terrorists.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
A common concern that always comes up is the role of our military and first responders will play here in the US and whether they will be with or against us.

Based up historical precedent, I believe a significant portion of the military will be against us on American soil.

1) Government documents and personnel (SecDef and Generals) tell us that the Gulf of Tonkin was a false flag operation. And yet not one soul came forward to buck the tide until relatively recently.

2) Significant numbers of our military are routinely committing crimes and warcrimes in the middle east. We appear to have a significant psychopath problem in both enlisted and officer ranks.

3) The 9/11 Commission tells us that the military lied to them.

4) I believe 9/11 was carried out by BushCo, the pentagon/CIA and possibly other agencies. Nobody else could have possibly had the "reach" required -- before and after the event.

There's more, much more but those few points appear to be representative of the problem. As far as law enforcement, the intellect is just not there. I believe they will follow orders.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Covert actions are necessary to move the ball down the field, and false flag operations have occurred throughout history. Occasionally there are atrocities committed during war too. I’m not here to justify every shady endeavor ever conducted by the US military nor will I attempt to defend the decisions made by civilian and military leaders. My point in this thread is that I believe the majority of oath keepers will not take part in any action against Americans citizens on US soil. Nothing you mentioned supports such an action by the military. Now the CIA and alphabets are a different story but there aren’t enough of them to pose a significant threat to the majority of the country IMO, especially not if oath keepers and the American people stand together.

I hope I’m right……you’d better hope I’m right too or we’re all up shart creek without a paddle!!

Thanks for the response!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
no the military isn't anywhere near turning against Americans.

they will however be turning against people living in the united states pretending to be Americans who at the same time are at war with America.

when you pledged allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which is stands...did you think it was all a big joke?

jokes on you it seems.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
no the military isn't anywhere near turning against Americans.

they will however be turning against people living in the united states pretending to be Americans who at the same time are at war with America.

when you pledged allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which is stands...did you think it was all a big joke?

jokes on you it seems.

Care to explain in depth all four points of your rant?

It makes no sense at all. You need to focus on elaborating that second line the most. Because you seem like the enemy domestic we should be watching for.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

the military is no where near turning against Americans. you'd have to know what the military is to understand...top down is the best perspective.

however...there are people in this country who are in fact citizens, some through the naturalization process, some by birth, who took a Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America (knowing what the Flag is will help you understand my earlier statement) and to the Republic for which it stands (perhaps you are familiar with the pledge) but are in open warfare against this Republic...

those people are entering a dangerous point in their lives.

example: Louis Farrakhan.

people are just not realizing, as I have. the only Law in this land is the US Constitution. Nothing else is relevant and never will be.

even though they plot day in and day out...how to kidnap and abuse women and children and how to steal identities and how to undermine the Law...they are unsuccessful. and all their deeds will be exposed to the proper authorities...which just may include indefinite stays in prison.

have fun.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

My point in this thread is that I believe the majority of oath keepers will not take part in any action against Americans citizens on US soil. Nothing you mentioned supports such an action by the military.

I hope I’m right……you’d better hope I’m right too or we’re all up shart creek without a paddle!!

Thanks for the response!

I hope you're 100% and I'm 100% wrong.

Fact is though -- Over a million Vietnamese and ~65,000 Americans were killed because of the false flag Gulf of Tonkin. A lieutenant flying CAP says he knew there was no attack by Vietnamese forces. How many others, enlisted and officer, knew there was no attack and went with the flow? It really does not matter where this false flag took place -- the lack of integrity by our front-line troops was demonstrated.

Obama has already claimed the right to kill Americans and cowardly drone pilots have made it happen. Twice. It's only a heartbeat away from our own neighborhood.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter
I hope you're 100% and I'm 100% wrong.

Fact is though -- Over a million Vietnamese and ~65,000 Americans were killed because of the false flag Gulf of Tonkin. A lieutenant flying CAP says he knew there was no attack by Vietnamese forces. How many others, enlisted and officer, knew there was no attack and went with the flow? It really does not matter where this false flag took place -- the lack of integrity by our front-line troops was demonstrated.

Obama has already claimed the right to kill Americans and cowardly drone pilots have made it happen. Twice. It's only a heartbeat away from our own neighborhood.

The military steadfastly refusing to use their brains, by itself, is not the problem. They're taught not to, very deliberately, and very specifically.

The real problem is Colonel Jessup Syndrome. Soldiers who are not only brainwashed, stupid, and ignorant to the point of total delusion, but who, while maintaining said ignorance, are also convinced that they are right, and insist on attempting to angrily and belligerently force feed civilians the same manure that they have willingly swallowed themselves.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
There are many in the military that would turn against their commanders for ordering this.

That is why martial law will be handled by a foreign military.

Just look at how many different militaries that are stationed in America at any given time.

Who and where are these troops, please?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No. They will not. I trust them and honor them. They fight for our country, people, and constitution. They have family, friends and loved ones.

Honestly if it happens, I'd ask them:
Do you have a little sister? Does she look like me? Do I remind you of her? Would you want some other guy doing this to your sister?

The only way it would happen is if it was a different country's military dressed as our own. Then they might be able to get the American public to lose trust in their soldiers.

Or if they're zombierayed or something.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join