It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the US Military Soon Turn Against Americans?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I just want to say that it's not that black and white

a lot of service members were probably suspicious about Iraq and weapons of mass destruction, yet the military were still able to fully mobilize for that illegal war, no major dissent to disrupt the operation that went ahead as planned. even with all the protests..

if americans turned on their government, or the government on americans, some kooky lie would probably be established like they are chinese spies or destroying our freedoms!

the conviction in the fight better be strong if momentum is to be maintained.
just remember we are justified in the end..

link   
reply to post by seabag

I've drawn my line in the sand.

We took an oath to the Constitution, NOT to our "leaders".

Just sayin'.

link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by Screwed
I never knew firefighters took an oath to the constitution.
Learn something everyday I suppose.
Comforting to know the firefighters have my back when I'm knee deep in blood and guts.

they dont, they are not sworn officers of the court

I'm not, either, but I got my brother's backs. There are more oaths than just swearing allegiance to a court.

In the matter of firefighters and the like, other "unsworn" positions, prior military get preferential consideration in a lot of jobs where the heat will be on, because they've already been tested under pressure.

edit on 2012/5/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

do not get me wrong with my reply
I think Firemen would be right on top of defending the people of America
at the top infact

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by seabag

I've drawn my line in the sand.

We took an oath to the Constitution, NOT to our "leaders".

Just sayin'.

I know where I stand, same as always , with my people
edit on 30-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
No, the last time officers gave orders that the rank and file thought were BS - they got fragged and it became the norm - thats what ended the Vietnam War - a shortage of officer's wanting to get fragged.
and the police and sheriffs will not do their dirty work either - we know where they live. so I guess that leaves UN troops or Nato troops -- I hope they bring their own body bags. oh and we will have to contend with Drones and Space Weapons as well. unfortuantely but it only takes a few to fight with those weapons.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I am only pointing out that for a firefighter to be an oath keeper I would assume that there would first need to be an oath to begin with.
Was I not supposed to point that out?
Am I un-american now?

edit on 30-5-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Making to do about firefighters when this thread
is mainly about military personal and the likes.
Firefighters went into a collapsing building
on 9/11 after it been hit with a plane and burning
BOTH towers, and will run into your house
to save your ass and family when your stuck
inside. So yes i believe most firefighters
will have the heart and help protect,
more then some citizens i read on this board
would do.. Run like cowards and hope for the us
to collapse people disgust me.
Piss in Cherios much?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
we will have to contend with Drones and Space Weapons as well. unfortuantely but it only takes a few to fight with those weapons.

thats not entirely accurate. in a full blown rebellion you'd have partial corporations/companies, security firms, all kinds of scientists and engineers defect, and both sides working their magic in all forms...

you're correct that we'd be in contention with drones and space weapons,
but we wouldn't be on the receiving end the entire time.

and to neutralize their effectiveness you simply attack the source, and they aren't that far after all...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Guess some people are forgetting that most "servicemen" are ex military aka vets and that includes firefighters,police and ems.

Just throwing that out there as a civilian who has mucho respect for those who put their lives on the line for others,

Miltary turning on their own friends and family? don't see that ever happening.
edit on 30-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

May I ask what OathKeepers think about your Patriot Act and other erosions of your freedoms already happening?

Great question!

Oath Keppers is FIRMLY against the Patriot Act and NDAA. Below is a quote by Stewart Rhodes called out Senator Jon Tester about his hypocrisy but I urge you to read the entire contents of the link as its very good:

Senator Tester, my friend Jim Manley introduced us back in 2006, at Doug Wold’s place in Polson during the Montana Trial Lawyers Convention, when you were running for U.S. Senate against Conrad Burns. Jim assured me that you would fight against the neocons who were assaulting the Bill of Rights, and when I met you, I looked you in the eye and asked if you would fight to stop them, and you answered “yes.” And so I was very happy to see you defeat the oath breaking Conrad Burns. I am a one issue voter –and that issue is the Bill of Rights. Conrad Burns, who voted for the PATRIOT Act, was a Bill of Rights wrecking machine who had to go. Good riddance! But now you have gone down the same path by voting for the NDAA of 2012, betraying the trust that Montanans placed in you to stand up for the Bill of Rights. You blew it when it counted most. You violated your oath. I sincerely hope Montana Democrats select someone better in the upcoming Montana Democratic primary. We cannot afford more of the same.
OathKeepers

Oath Keepers is the REAL DEAL if you support the constitution.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

The fear mongering has gotten out of hand,
the UN could very well send troops in but
I am sure the real us military and militias will have
them running with their pants down..

You’re right about the outcome but the military plans are already being set in place with Agenda 21. Do some research on ICLEI…

GOD BLESS THE USA!!

Semper Fi

They will never take us alive
the nwo can not be accepted either..

I think Nenothtu summed it up best:

I pity the foreign military that tries to enforce a US declared martial law here. They will be met with an pissed off and armed populace on the one side, and a pissed off and armed US military on the other. This is what we down home call "between a rock and a hard place".

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.

Not saying that everyone doesn't have their place.
I am only pointing out that for a firefighter to be an oath keeper I would assume that there would first need to be an oath to begin with.

In many cases, there is. Firefighters are not born with flashing red lights shining out of their asses and funny hats and big rubber fireproof coats. They all have prior history, and for many of them, that prior history includes a term of service.

That carries an oath attached to it.

The rest is retracted in light of new information.

edit on 2012/5/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for our military and organizations such as OathKeepers. It is reassuring to know that they will stand with the American people and not against us, God knows we'll need all the help we can get when tshtf. I have often worried about this possible scenario, as we are all living in extremely perilous and uncertain times as I'm sure we can all agree. One of my concerns is that I have heard persistant rumors that there has been a concerted effort by certain alphabet agencies within the government to "infiltrate" most of our domestic militias to dilute or nullify their effectiveness when things start heating up. Can anyone address this issue?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And there is this a 2 second google search :

Firefighter Oath of Office I __________________ do solemnly swear to do my duty as a Firefighter for the City of _______ to the best of my ability; to serve my commanding officers with respect and dignity; to serve the citizens of the City of ________ with compassion, courage and integrity; and to uphold the laws and constitutions of the United States of America, the State of ________, and the City of _______; so help me God Read more: wiki.answers.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

Thanks about the Russia Military in Colorado! I felt they are near! Basically, the UN is going to control everything. Have they changed the patches on the American Uniforms yet?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I NEVER worry about the US Military.

I worry about the UN,and those in power currently trying to take my right to bear arms.....

Wonder why criminals in Chicago,are killing folks ? Look to their archaic gun laws.

S&F

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
And there is this a 2 second google search :

Firefighter Oath of Office I __________________ do solemnly swear to do my duty as a Firefighter for the City of _______ to the best of my ability; to serve my commanding officers with respect and dignity; to serve the citizens of the City of ________ with compassion, courage and integrity; and to uphold the laws and constitutions of the United States of America, the State of ________, and the City of _______; so help me God Read more: wiki.answers.com...

I had no idea.
Thanks for the info.
Learn something new everyday.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This guy speaking is why I hold americans in high regard if he`s true to his words. I suspect he is.
Anyways, a glimmer of hope to people who value freedom everywhere. The net is closing it seems

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm all for pulling out of the UN and NATO.

The EU are big boys now and can hold their own. The UN, we get nothing but grief whether we help and esp if we invade. Both cost us money and lives with little or no return on those investments.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

underground for the most part = behind vault doors

link   
reply to post by seabag

How can you acknowledge the Patriot Act is unconstituional but say you're fighting for the Constitution??

Also, I know you're an advocate for a preemptive strike on Iran. A strike to put down the monster before he becomes a real threat. How can you logically surmise this position while "fighting" for our Constitution??

I'm on you're side. But I believe waiting for a declaration of martial law is BOTH not fighting for our Constitution and tactically ignorant.

link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Making to do about firefighters when this thread
is mainly about military personal and the likes.
Firefighters went into a collapsing building
on 9/11 after it been hit with a plane and burning
BOTH towers, and will run into your house
to save your ass and family when your stuck
inside. So yes i believe most firefighters
will have the heart and help protect,
more then some citizens i read on this board
would do..

I think you misunderstood screwed! He’s an oath keeper!

He didn’t know that Fireman took the same oath as military and LE.

I’m confident screwed will be down to defend the constitution and have the back of all oath keepers and patriots .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join