It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough With the Aliens are Demons and religion in the A+U Forum Already

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nonono

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "Reality." But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"
Uchiha Itachi

continue to enjoy looking at the universe through a very small pinhole.

meh

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I would think the mods would move it to the appropriate (you know you are getting old when you start using that word) forum.

If they don't move it, then I guess it belongs there. Good rant though! I felt the frustration screaming at me as I read it!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The moment you close your mind to any possibility, is the moment you lose the opportunity to learn something.

Friend, my mind is a great deal more open that you may think, read a few of my threads.

Just because you have not seen it be true, does not mean it isn't.

Did you mistake me and think I haven't seen ETs and their craft? I have, not just once, but several times. Up close and personal, if you get my drift. I have told of these experiences in here, and have been told that:
I am on drugs
I am schizophrenic
I am possessed by demons
I am crazy
I am making things up
And many names and labels have been thrown at me. And that is my major problem. There are many who are having experiences right now. some of these really want to tell others about it, or find someone to talk to about it, or just to ask questions about it. So they come to ATS, and ATS used to be UFO friendly, and they can see how experiencers are treated by the religious people....it just scares then away. I know this for sure, because I have gotten some U2s telling me things, and swearing me to secrecy. It it not fair to all for Christians to do this. And the only reason they do it to cause a fight, because they KNOW people will dispute them, and give them history lessons, and will troll them as they troll others. It makes me sick sometimes. You cannot tell them a damn thing, some are so brainwashed that a ET craft could set down right in front of them, and a human being could step out, tell they he is from another world, and they would yell "DEMONS" and start shooting at him.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Klassified

But to separate religion and ET is a bit of a stretch Gortex.

Why , religion is a construct of man and Aliens are by definition alien , not of this earth and not party to our belief structures , unless they are linked in by people who believe that anything and everything is governed be their particular God .
They don't know what it is therefor its evil and to be feared .

I would agree with that statement as a whole. My reasoning for the above statement, is because we have no solid evidence of ET, or their craft. So at this point, it is open to interpretation by all. And religion inevitably pops up as one of those explanations. Maybe it shouldn't be a religious issue. But for the Christians, among other beliefs, it always has been. So I don't think we'll ever boil it down to a science only topic while it is open for debate. And my guess is, even if and when we get that evidence, it will then become more hotly debated as a religious issue than it is now.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Klassified

We have all sorts of eyewitness accounts, radar blips, recordings and official statements proving the existence of some sort of extraterrestrial intelligence piloting unearthly craft around our world.

All we have is some religious experiences proven to be capable of creation by cerebral stimulation via multiple chemicular injections. In other words, testimony that is based on faith and perceptive belief.

It isn't hard to separate the two.

For you and I, it isn't hard to separate the two. But for those who believe they also have eyewitness accounts, and "official statements" going back thousands of years of angels, demons, and gods. The two become so closely related, that it's hard to tell where one begins, and the other ends.

And at this point in time, those who are adamant in their belief that ET exists, are still frequently relegated to the fringes of society. As though they are religious nuts. Though it has gotten much better than it used to be.

As I said in my reply to Gortex. I think this will always be a religious issue, as much as it is a science issue. And I think it will become even more so.

Personally, I am of a different mind on ET's and UFO's, but I'll save that for another thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join