It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough With the Aliens are Demons and religion in the A+U Forum Already

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Aliens are NOT Demons and religion doesn't belong in the A+U Forum , there are forums on ATS for religion if you want to discuss God and Demons so post your deluded muttering there , do I go into the religion forum proclaiming God is an Alien ..... NO

People have religious beliefs ... fine , each to their own but stop trying to foist them on to others by linking them to Extraterrestrials in a thinly veiled effort to validate your beliefs .

This is my first and probably last rant so ENOUGH ALREADY !!! , we get it , now let it be

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And you're telling us what we are and are not allowed to discuss on these forums?

If it's getting out of hand, I'm fairly certain the mods will deal with it in due time. Until then, I don't think it's your place to put restrictions on the topics we propose for discussion, nor on the contributions we make.

If I seem callous, I apologize...but it seems you are overstepping your boundaries in your own exasperation. It happens to the best of us, but cool it, if you would.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I agree aliens are not demons, or angels for that matter. But to separate religion and ET is a bit of a stretch Gortex. The two have been intertwined for millennia it seems. And especially now, in our "modern" age.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

but cool it, if you would.

It may have escaped your notice but this is a RANT forum , if I choose to rant over a topic that is really starting to P me off where do you suggest I do it ?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

But to separate religion and ET is a bit of a stretch Gortex.

Why , religion is a construct of man and Aliens are by definition alien , not of this earth and not party to our belief structures , unless they are linked in by people who believe that anything and everything is governed be their particular God .
They don't know what it is therefor its evil and to be feared .

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I'll bite...

Amen Gortex...I couldn't agree more. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the agenda of the zealots around here, bent on preaching their warped sense of religion to the ATS masses any way they can.

They can infiltrate any forum with that purpose and spread their gospel simply because they have the baby Tebow Jesus on their side. I enjoy the fact that most of them have a stupendous Jesus avatar of some sort. It makes it easy to skip their rantings, which usually hiijack the thread with scripture and "you're going to hell" nonsense.

Well ranted.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

A rant telling the rest of us what we should or should not post, contrary to the popular freedoms we enjoy spouting about in other sections of this forum. Freedom of speech, mainly. Oh, and religion.

A little bit of a flip-flop, in my mind.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

We have all sorts of eyewitness accounts, radar blips, recordings and official statements proving the existence of some sort of extraterrestrial intelligence piloting unearthly craft around our world.

All we have is some religious experiences proven to be capable of creation by cerebral stimulation via multiple chemicular injections. In other words, testimony that is based on faith and perceptive belief.

It isn't hard to separate the two.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Aliens are NOT Demons and religion doesn't belong in the A+U Forum , there are forums on ATS for religion if you want to discuss God and Demons so post your deluded muttering there , do I go into the religion forum proclaiming God is an Alien ..... NO

People have religious beliefs ... fine , each to their own but stop trying to foist them on to others by linking them to Extraterrestrials in a thinly veiled effort to validate your beliefs .

This is my first and probably last rant so ENOUGH ALREADY !!! , we get it , now let it be

I will also bite, but in disagreement - do you have some information you'd care to share with the rest of us to lay this to rest?

If not, did you ever perhaps consider that what we're dealing with is merely a matter of semantics, and the two might indeed be one and the same? There are a lot of things in the bible that sound a lot like typical UFO encounters or sightings, and quite a few "alien" visitations also come to a quick end when some religious utterances are made.

Pray tell - what information are you privy to that the rest of us simple folk seem to be missing? I didn't know aliens had even been proven to exist as yet, let alone us figure out what they are or are not.

Seems like someone here has a pretty lofty view of their own opinion, to damn others for disagreeing.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Don't you understand? This talking and thinking it out is what those religiously inclined people must do to arrive at a safe understanding of the UFO/ET situation. Some of the younger ones will make the conversion because they came along during the beginning of the time of doubt, but many of the older ones will simply carry their beliefs to the grave. After all, that is why the UFOs have been (seemingly) only buzzing us for over half a century. Wholesale panic is not a nice way for a society to move into an new phase. The ETs know that better than we know ourselves.

Of course, the same can be said of those folks that have no religious beliefs to contend with and cling to
"logical and rational" arguments for why UFOs/ETs don't/can't exist despite in-their-faces evidence to the contrary. Ingrained ignorance is a not corrected easily.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

A rant telling the rest of us what we should or should not post

Post what you want , just post it in the proper forum , I'm sick and tired of people authoring threads telling me how Aliens are Demons and backing it up quoting either the Bible or the much discredited book of Enoch as their source .

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

We have all sorts of eyewitness accounts, radar blips, recordings and official statements proving the existence of some sort of extraterrestrial intelligence piloting unearthly craft around our world.

All we have is some religious experiences proven to be capable of creation by cerebral stimulation via multiple chemicular injections. In other words, testimony that is based on faith and perceptive belief.

It isn't hard to separate the two.

...until they blend together, and "gods" from the sky or the heavens institute religions amongst man...

Anyone else noticing the disconnect here? As I've said elsewhere, I can't subscribe to the EBE hypothesis itself, because it doesn't make sense. Why are they here? Resources? There's more in space. Us? We're a bunch of self-important monkeys. How did they get here, if there were even a reason to bother? Crossing thousands, millions, or billions of light-years at relativistic speeds still doesn't do much, and then we're still left with: why? And on, and on. The EBE/ET hypothesis, while attractive on some levels - is weak.

Now, dealing with other planes or dimensions...now we're getting somewhere. Why can't the old accounts we call religion in some cases, and the new phenomena...be one and the same? Something we just DO NOT officially understand yet? Even religion itself was only explained by essentially primitive society, so we can consider their accounts...incomplete and uneducated, at the least. And is not "spiritual" a term for something we just can't account for in our day-to-day understanding of the physical world.

You think all life exists and is limited only to the 4 dimensions with which we're familiar - when even our current sightings seem to suggest otherwise with all their physical impossibilities and improbable behaviours (which also shadow a good many "spiritual" occurences)?

Take care.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Seems like someone here has a pretty lofty view of their own opinion, to damn others for disagreeing.

Not nearly as lofty as some of those that believe that a book written by man is the word of their God and is historically accurate , furthermore that everything in the Universe is governed by their belief and related to their God .

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Not nearly as lofty as some of those that believe that a book written by man is the word of their God and is historically accurate , furthermore that everything in the Universe is governed by their belief and related to their God .

Perhaps - and I'll admit, all too many believers have an overly-lofty opinion of themselves instead of being the humble creatures they ought.

About a book being the word of god (your capitalization interests me, as I'm definitely a believer and usually don't bother - thanks?), again, that goes back to who or what god is or may be. And I'll personally disagree with any who say the entire book is a direct transcription, possibly to my detriment, I know. But I've got no reason to believe it's not an actual account of SOMETHING. It's just a matter of figuring out what that "something" was or is.

As regards historical accuracy, however, the bible has a pretty good score (amazing actually, you ought to look into it) aside from some issues with proving the Davidic kingdom and earlier, the Egyptian bit (although there is a good bit of useful internal evidence there to definitely be intriguing).

As to the universe being governed by their belief and subject to their god - replace the term god with whatever authority or supreme truth anyone recognizes, and you've got the same thing - all people do it. There's nothing lofty about it, that's just human.

Be well, Gortex.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Aliens don't exist. Neither do angels/demons. There's no point to be made in arguing over whose imaginary friend is actually posing as the other's.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I applaud you, gortex, for saying what needed to be said. I too am quite tired of the religious nuts invading each and every thread about ET, UFOs, Space Travel, and anything else of an Extraterrestrial nature with their cries of Demons. I think perhaps if it doesn't tone down, and the Mods continue to ignore this, perhaps we of the crowd that know about these beings and their craft should dog all of their threads, you know, the usual suspects. I do my best to show them the truth of the matter, but I am but one. I am not ranting, not yet, just stating the truth here.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The moment you close your mind to any possibility, is the moment you lose the opportunity to learn something.

Just because you have not seen it be true, does not mean it isn't. We all know gravity exists, so to say gravity is a lie...well, that's obvious. No one has proved demons are nonexistent; for all we know, demons are something else that is well known but little-explained in the scientific quadrant of our educational field, and we've just put an archaic name on it.

Don't count anything out until it has been proven impossible.

On the other hand, space theories are, by their very nature (as related to Biblical references) somewhat anti-religious, unless you're taking some unorthodox or off-the-cuff translations to validate your soap-box sermons. Unless there is OBVIOUSLY a correlation between the topic and the specific reference, it might be considered respectful to keep the dogma to a minimum.

After all, it's not like we go onto Religions and use every vision and scripture to try and predict the downfall of god or the rise of artificial intelligence.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Amen, SpaceBrother

however we shouldn't hate them
the upsurge in evangelism is simply a dead beleif systems cadaver twitching

that said the aliens are demons crowd,whether knowingly or not are something very sinister
the "aliens" they are targeting [as well as many cases of UFOs] are Air Elementals, which they refer to as: "Powers and Principalities of the Air" [and never mind that Powers and Principalities are 2 classes of angel]

educate-yourself.org...

Who Makes Crop Circles? educate-yourself.org...

I believe crop circles are created by planetary elementals of the air called "Sylphs". Sylphs may also be called "Wingmakers". In the Encyclopedia of the Occult by Manley P. Hall, the chief Sylph is named Shad and he is very ancient and powerful.

The Sylphs coordinate weather, climate, forest growth, forest fires, land animal migrations, bird migrations and the dissolution of static magnetics (Dor) in the atmosphere. They are INTRA-dimensional existing in both the third and fourth dimensional densities.

I heard about "Powers of the Air" as far back as 1970. I saw a female Sylph above West Vancouver in 1972. In 1984 I bought Trevor James Constable's book on infrared photography of Sylphs in which they have amoeba-like heat signatures on the specially prepared photographic plates. They are actually slender beings as the Greek term sylph means thin. Constable wrote that the USAF as far back as 1960 set up microwave defenses against Sylphs who they blamed for gremlins in aircraft and psychic disturbances against pilots. It is probable that the USAF was in violation of natural law and the Sylphs were trying to correct the Air Force's practises. Crop Circles are a continuation of the Sylph's desire to warn men to stop their environmental, psychic and spiritual crimes.

In Colorado, high speed low light video cameras show activity above thunderstorms during lightning strikes. Flashes move high into the stratosphere. The rapid movements of electricity and light are called Elfs and Sprites, appropriately they should be called Sylphs because the thunderstorms were generated by Sylphs, the ancient, wise, august and huge ones. Regular video cameras and 35mm cameras catch "Rods" corkscrewing quickly around people and through trees. Rods are baby Sylphs and other fauna of the intradimensional realm of the air.

They have been drawing designs in grainfields forever. Indians of North America have interacted with Sylphs in many ceremonies including rain-dances. After a rain-dance there is a circle in the prairie grasses where no feet have tread. These holy circles were marked with stones and called medicine wheels. Within hours rain would fall.

They crop circles of the last few years have become more complex as the Sylphs become more desirous that men stop their abominations. The crop circles are made using the same energy that goes into generating rain storms. The Sylphs are generating a love message to raise the consciousness of humanity, written on the only available tablets to which they have access. The graphics are highly intelligent loving cartouches.

but then again, xtianity is historically a death cult ,
the extermination of an entire elemental kingdom, is par for the course

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Air elementals? Gremlins? Lol! This is the 21st century, folks. Get real.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Star upon you.
Just what if the angels and demons and "gods" were of superior technology?
But just plain old everyday aliens?
It is a theory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join