It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why couldn’t “God” be from space?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Why couldn’t “God” be from space?

Well he's not supposed to be from Earth is he? (since he is "supposed to have "created" it)

That doesn't leave many other options.

If we are to believe in God, then we're taking His word for it, right?

But He said he created the universe which, presumably, includes all of space.
Are we to cherrypick which of God's statements we wish to believe?

Hence, he is not from space.

Personally, I think he's probably from Hawaii, but I'm not ruling Kenya out just yet.

Harte

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Touche.

Not from space either.

Or maybe just simply god is ...not.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Your "Creator" and all homosapiens (and those prior Australopithecus and Ardipithecus) is within the hidden dimension of your ordinary life. Insofaras aliens (outside planet earth) they do exist as they do on earth. There are reasonable reasons however for not quite yet letting all be surfaced and aired to earth's total population. Not everyone can handle such 100% disclosure.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriendlySkies
Your "Creator" and all homosapiens (and those prior Australopithecus and Ardipithecus) is within the hidden dimension of your ordinary life. Insofaras aliens (outside planet earth) they do exist as they do on earth. There are reasonable reasons however for not quite yet letting all be surfaced and aired to earth's total population. Not everyone can handle such 100% disclosure.

Okay.

Well, then, what about Heterosapiens?

Harte

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi.

Im no help really,a person really has to just go by their faith I think.

Growing up I did ask where God was from or who created him or how he/she became to be.

Most replies were God always was a GOD, and its beyond human understanding.

My mom is religous and my dad more an atheist.(his side of his family is quite religious also)
But he's a good dad.
His stand is is one question,,"Who wrote the bible"?
Then goes from the old text to the new, and then the king James version,the to where you born and culture.
I could go on,,,LOL...I could make a thread about him? LOL LOL..

But there was a part somehwere in the bible that was written(not sure of the exact quotes) but stated that there are many GODS but I am the God of this kingdom.,not sure if in the old or new text?

There was a Father Malechein(sure I spelled it wrong) on the art bell show and he also talked about demons and such.
I do beleive in evil and bad spirits and good ones to.

Im at a crossroads on whats what?

God is a complete different life form.
Where he/she would come from has no time as we know or comprehend it.
Like asking what was GOD doing "10 to the power of a trillion" yeras ago?
We are in a aquarium.

Could almost kinda cry on a happy after life,,so gonna stop.

Faith

Our planet is a speck of dust to whats out there and even less to what we can't see or comprehend.

Just keep good kind morals and be good to yourself and others and faith and hope certainly does not hurt in the least bit.

M

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyMN

It Does sound like you're at that "crossroads" you spoke of.

You'll, of course, have to figure out what makes sense to you. If any of it does.

I am of the undecided agnostic sort myself.

But I fully agree with you towards the end of your post:

Living a moral life is big.

The choice there, determines the sort of person one is IMO, not a religion.

edit on 6/2/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: forgot I unplugged my big keyboard...using tiny laptop keys

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by JBpage76

stuff

God (if there at all) is a hybrid of human and most likely an alien being, as this is what your beloved Book says, since it claims God told Marie that she would have a son, so without any intercourse - magic or as Ancient Astronaut Theory states - some sort of artificial impregnation like women can do today? See why I support this Theory because it gives much more logical and explainable suggestions that your blind belief-without thinking system.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
its actually not an interesting question. it's little more than an attempt to make God into something like yourself.

the FACT is that God is beyond and above everything in the entire Universe.

God is not the Universe, God is separate and distinct from this creation. Even if the universe and all of its contents is NOT, God IS.

If you see God...you'd understand.

I offer you no proof. I don't intend to debate this. I've told you the truth as far as I know it. accept it or reject it to the extent you see fit.

edit on 2-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If God was from space ... then he wasn't "God" because ...

Who MADE space?

It's actually easier than the chicken and the egg or the chicken crossing the road questions.

Like hey, who made the Big Bang? Okay, if God made the Big Bang - then how can he be FROM a place he made in his own future?

Time goes in a circle like a wheel.

I know, now we're back where you started with the original question. Oh well.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

M theory.

If I had any bets to place that's where I'd put my money if any.

Who/what made the 'branes? No f'ing clue.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I personally think the universe and life was created by nature and luck itself and I find that fact a lot more appreciative and special than it having it been created by someone. I find the whole God thing rude towards the wonders of nature in all honesty. All of this being luck, having got this far, knowing the people we know - it is really a beautiful, humbling and special thing. As opposed to saying "oh God made it, because erm..someone had to right?!" for lack of human comprehension of how this all exists.

In addition, if alien life had assisted humans, it really would not bother me. Not believing in a God, does not mean one is egotistical and unappreciative or deems themself high and mighty. However, it seems lots of humans need to be constrainted by the idea of a God, simply hearing people say "If you don't believe in God then you place yourself as higher" blah blah. Nope. Maybe the person saying it would do though. Says more about themselves.

edit on 4-6-2012 by LightInside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
the biblical god is an alien.

from space. you are right. all the ancient 'gods' were just aliens.

this is von daniken's theory and i agree with him.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

however i believe there is an overarching guiding 'force' in the universe which is intelligent and binds all together. i think god as we think of god, is really 'the force'.

and top scientists in quantum mechanics tend to agree: if you read 'the field' by lynne mctaggart from amazon.com..

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
God is space.
God is the aware space that allows all things to appear.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
why couldn't god be a star.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
why couldn't god be a star.

Yeah! Like Tom Hanks or something.

Harte

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

more
edit on 5-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join