It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Misspells America..."AmerCIA"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Mitt Romney Misspells America..."AmerCIA"...

There's America, and there's Mitt Romney's "Amercia."

Twitter was ablaze with commentary on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning after it came to light that the Romney campaign's newly released app, "With Mitt," misspelled "America" as "Amercia."

The free iPhone app allows supporters to personalize and share photos that are superimposed with one of more than a dozen phrases, like "I stand with Mitt," "Obama isn't working" and "American Greatness."

But one of the slogans plasters "A Better Amercia" across the front of the image.

You gotta love it! If President Obama had the same spelling error it would be a Fox News headline for months...plus an accompanying Right-Wing conspiracy theorey about the President being a "CIA" plant

edit on 30-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I can't believe it's taken this long for me to see this story on ATS. Shoot I think it's been a whole day. Poor Mittens. Hopefully people won't get all up in arms over a simple mistake.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wonder if he also knows there are 57 states?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I wonder if he can see Russia from Alaska?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I can't believe it's taken this long for me to see this story on ATS. Shoot I think it's been a whole day. Poor Mittens. Hopefully people won't get all up in arms over a simple mistake.

Did you just call him Mittens? lol

He's more like the guy in your avatar.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

At least when Obama misspeaks ("57 states") we know it's a simple screw-up. But this one borders on being a Freudian slipup! How exactly does one launch a Web app without knowing the title of the app is misspelt?

Ah well it's all fun and games. The sad part is this thread will have almost no references to the "AmerCIA" by Romney but 5,000 references to "57 states" by Obama.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Amer-CIA for the iPhone..... does it turn on your microphone or camera to spy on you?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
dont worry its not the first spelling balls up by a politician

but you would of thought that something you are supposed to love even more than the humble spud you should be able to spell

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Is the misspelling of (America) Mitt Romneys mistake...or the mistake of someone who works for him on his campaign....I think the latter.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The iPhone app - what a waste of time and cell signal.

Wonder how long before someone is upset from receiving political bs from a friend or caller and goes postal on them.

Any bets the app was written in India?
edit on 5/30/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Honestly the reason you won't see this as a headline reading "Mitt Romney admits he is a CIA puppet!! - PROOF!"...is cuz he is the GOP pet candidate and the Democrats for all their faults still engage their reason centers with such nonsense..

Yes it was a spelling error...no it doesn't prove he works for the CIA...yes it is funny that his campaign staff misspelled "America" of all things...

Yes if the spelling error was by the Obama campaign you would have 155 stars and flags on this thread and it would be indisputable "evidence" that he was a manchurian candidate.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You'd think Mitt would have at least looked at the app before it was released.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

With all the spying on Americans, I would say he spelled it correctly.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is obviously the work of an ultra left wing infiltration effort.

Romney security is working to find the culprits.

This is no mistake !!

It's a left wing infiltration for sure.

an infiltration for sure !

an infiltration for sure !

But we must give credit where credit is due, when Obama makes "mistakes", he doesn't fool around:

The White House said President Barack Obama misspoke on Tuesday when he referred to a "Polish death camp" while honoring a Polish war hero.

The president's remark had drawn immediate complaints from Poles who said Obama should have called it a "German death camp in Nazi-occupied Poland," to distinguish the perpetrators from the location. Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski called it a matter of "ignorance and incompetence."

Obama made the comment while awarding the Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, a resistance fighter against the Nazi occupation of Poland during World War II. Karski died in 2000.

White House says Obama 'misspoke' after Poles demand apology over ‘Polish death camp’ remark

WOW !!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hey Xue...what you getting lazy? Shouldn't you have posted a thread on the "Polish Death camp" by now?

Not for nothing...but the Pres. simply chose poor wording...Romney Misspelled AMERICA...complete with CIA

Glad to see you here though. It wouldn't be fun without you trying to change the topic

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by xuenchen

Hey Xue...what you getting lazy? Shouldn't you have posted a thread on the "Polish Death camp" by now?

Not for nothing...but the Pres. simply chose poor wording...Romney Misspelled AMERICA...complete with CIA

Glad to see you here though. It wouldn't be fun without you trying to change the topic

There is a thread on the death camp quote already.
(in 2012 US Elections)

Are we sure that Romney actually saw this before it was out there ?

If he did, maybe he can't spell either (like the Quail)

Then again, maybe it was "thinking out loud".

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That's not a typo. It's foreshadowing.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Mittens is full of Freudian slips. or subliminal programming, or whatever it is. Remember R-Money?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lordgrrl

The "R-Money" boondoggle is funny.

But there has been some speculation about authenticity.

It took us a while to determine that this was a photoshop spoof and not some lucky photographer's brilliant catch, as the Democratic Underground poster who made it did a fantastic job. But if you take a look at the original photo, you'll see that the little boy with glasses was wearing the O shirt.

Still... it kind of says it all.

Mitt Romney 'Rmoney' Photoshop Kind Of Says It All (PHOTO)

Original Photo ?

Which photo is "genuine" ?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

If he did, maybe he can't spell either (like the Quail)

Then again, maybe it was "thinking out loud".

Wow, haven't thought about Qauil in a while. Those were meaty days for comedians.

Of course Romney likely didn't review the FB app and this was a mistake by his staff, BUT again....what would you be posting if this error showed up by Obama For "Amercia"?? It would be a nut-fest with everyone screaming "of course" Obama wrote it himself or vetted it and OF COURSE it is an admission of his CIA/Manchurian status!!

It is the difference in responses dependant on GOP or DEM that interests me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join