It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ILLINOIS REP LOSES IT on House Floor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I was having a similar thought just this AM. It must feel like the lowest form of degradation to be one of these men, and to know, deep inside, exactly what is going on, every time you have some 1000 page MIC script handed to you, for initializing.

Good.

Evil Men may now seek this man's ruin.

That's not his problem.

It is 'their's'.
edit on 30-5-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This should happen constantly in our government. Damn that would be awesome to watch. Our representatives completely flipping their [snip] over what they feel is wrong.

Congressman Weiner D-NY did this:

This should be the norm, not the exception. It would definitely make C-Span much more fun to watch.

link   
Illinois is easily one of the most corrupt states in the nation. It's speaker, Mike Madigan, is as criminally corrupt as one can possibly get. The only hope for that state is widespread terminal cancer in their state government.

link   
i saw in that what i feel in my hart

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
the constitution...'he was around when it was written'???

what the hell is he talking about?

'let my people go'????

anyway...he held his tongue and i think he was talking about some weird stuff.

i thought0your post was a video of the guys that got into a throwdown this week. it was an Asian style fight on the floor of Congress or something.

anyone know where that happened?
edit on 30-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Update: Interview Fox News Channel

Source

About time we started to see more Reps get pissed off, just like we are.

How can you represent us when you don't even appear to have a heartbeat like the rest of those dead fockers in that video?

I'm calling his office to congratulate him. I suggest those that love freedom & are as ticked off as he is (if not more) should give him a call for support.

Phone: (618) 457-5787
Fax: (618) 457-2990
Mail: 300 East Main, Suite 4, Carbondale, IL 62901
E-Mail: [email protected]

ETA: I just got done calling, poor woman said I was her 147th call supporting the Representative. She sounded tired, poor thing. Thank god ppl are actually supporting those that try and support us!
edit on 30-5-2012 by schadenfreude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
the constitution...'he was around when it was written'???

what the hell is he talking about?

'let my people go'????

anyway...he held his tongue and i think he was talking about some weird stuff.

i thought0your post was a video of the guys that got into a throwdown this week. it was an Asian style fight on the floor of Congress or something.

anyone know where that happened?

Weird stuff?
Standing up for his people
is weird? He was making a statement
about how the bills get thrown at them
and they have no chance go over them
before having to vote and he calls BULL#
piss in cherios much?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

are you still upset that I criticized your love of murderers?

i'm not criticizing him at all...it just felt to me that he had something deeper to add to his rant.

he didn't go far enough.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
YES!!!

F-ing balls. I would give this man my first born. That was epic. Thank you sir.

We need people like this in power.

Oh, to the guy sitting in front of him smirking.....[expletive] you

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't think he lost it on the US House floor like the OP title suggests.....I believe it was the State House floor. It had something to do with pensions and unions. Always a hot matter.

Either way, it's about time!
edit on 30-5-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This gave me a little hope.
I seriously commend this guy! What a badass.
But I'm disgusted by the puppets he is surrounded by smirking, not even batting an eye. They should have had his back, I would hope most of them agreed with him and they just didnt have the balls to stand up.

This should trend! Not just with politicians, but with all of us, worldwide.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
he received applause from more than one person in the chamber.

the rest are afraid of Madigan and don't want to get out of control.

this is a real world you know.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
This guy is really amazing..

He is right though, left or right
would not matter if ALL of them
stood up and would get mad,
when bull crap is being pushed around..

Most these bills these guys never even have
a chance to read.. (like the healthcare bill)
then they are expected to tow the party line
on it whatever the hell it is, without them being
able to know what the hell it is they are really voting for.

I don't think it is right, and this guy has some guts..
Why would they push these bills out like this?
Because most of them are shady, and most these bills
are filled with more pork than a pig farm.

I think this is actually the first time I've read a post of yours and completely agreed.
So it seems oil and water can mix in some circumstances..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
well it's nice to see their not all horizontal on the floor these days. it's a mess and i don't see it ending well for many who are deceiving themselves and the American people. i would muster a guess and say 40% are bought and paid for while another 40% are silenced and serve the elite out of fear and what we're left with is 20% who want to do good by the people but are such a minority, that they can do little.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Great speech! However, we are talking about Illinois here. He is singing to the choir. I can understand his frustration, but the tomfoolery has gone on for ever, and the crooks are so entrenched that it would take massive action by some external body to clean it up. He was referring to the iron-fisted control of Illinois House Speaker, Michael Madigan. That guy has been at his post for decades, and even got his daughter elected as Attorney General in one of the most blatant acts nepotism I have ever seen.

The bosses have an apparatus of political insulation that is absolutely mind boggling. Look no further than former Mayor Richard Daley, and he got off from the notorious Hired Truck Program. A bunch of his underlings took the hit for the boss, and they all went to prison without implicating the mayor. That case alone was a smorgasbord of corruption which involved mob ties, bribes, theft of taxpayer funding, and an epidemic of government waste. Personally, I think the guy is engaging in theatrics, and he knows the state is in dire straits with the massively unfunded pension crisis.

He is out to save his own skin, and get re-elected next cycle. Furthermore, the political machine will be on a mission to run him out of town. I would not be surprised if we hear something about a scandal or an indictment to get this guy in bracelets and silenced. The people he was ranting against have done things like that to rivals and perceived threats in past. You don't get lifetime appointments to government positions without getting hands dirty and greasing the wheels.

I got one simple question? Where were guys like him years and years ago when something could have been done avert the crisis befalling Illinois? Oh yeah, they were playing cards, sipping martinis, and sending their kids to private school at the expense of the taxpayer. So little Johnnie and Suzie can take over for Poppa as they enjoy their gold-plated pensions. I am sorry for the skepticism, but the problems in Illinois did not happen over night. This guy is a day late and a dollar short.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In my opinion, this man is an example of why we have idiotic, heartless representatives.

Those that really care about people, and make it to office, become frustrated when they find out there is nothing but loop holes to jump through and crap to wade through. Eventually, they leave politics and those that really don't give a crap take their place.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
^ I figure some people leave politics, when they see the grand scheme of things...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Shoved down their throats without reading it? This bill has been around since 02/09/11. In a years time he couldn't get off his butt and read it? Why is he so against saving the state money? BTW this bill has been read five times maybe he should pay a little bit more attention to whats going on.

Bill Status of SB1673
edit on 30-5-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I can understand your frustration, but it has to start some where. The option is to give up and say this is it. We can not and will not change anything. I personally will not accept this yet. I still hold hope that the people of this country may see change with out violence. And it is men like this in places like this that still hold that hope.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

I'm originally from Illinois. The politics there are bought and paid for by Chicago crooked politicans. That city, perched on the northeast edge of a once great state owns everybody. That is one reason you have the president that you do.

On the bright side, Illinois is the only state that has ever had, as it does currently, two former governors in prison for misdeeds they did while in charge of the state. Fiscally, they aren't doing too good either.

I would be willing to bet that guy that got "Mad as Hell" is from down state and not part of the mob.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join