It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: Texas didn't secure Mitt Romney the nomination!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Wow, you have to see this to believe it. Ron Paul supporters actually think they can defy the will of the majority of the people who voted in the primaries? ...and simply force their candidate on them? The people who would be Dictators

It is within my right, and the right of every citizen in this country, to become a county, state, and national delegate for the Republican party. It isn't necessarily the fault of those that support Ron Paul that Romney or Obama supporters want to sit at home in their recliners and whine while the people that believe in this country, the ones that see this country going to he!!, have enough passion to get up and do something about it. If the people had a will, if they were really passionate about voting for Romney, then they would get out there and get involved. And they are not.
And they have nothing else to blame but their own apathy.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allenb83

Wow, you have to see this to believe it. Ron Paul supporters actually think they can defy the will of the majority of the people who voted in the primaries? ...and simply force their candidate on them? The people who would be Dictators

It is within my right, and the right of every citizen in this country, to become a county, state, and national delegate for the Republican party. It isn't necessarily the fault of those that support Ron Paul that Romney or Obama supporters want to sit at home in their recliners and whine while the people that believe in this country, the ones that see this country going to he!!, have enough passion to get up and do something about it. If the people had a will, if they were really passionate about voting for Romney, then they would get out there and get involved. And they are not.

No, their obligation was fullfilled when they voted, and they voted by a vast majority for Romney over Ron Paul.
That is why Romney won and Ron Paul didn't.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
reply to post by schuyler

"Betraying the will of the people." Let's see. Romney won the primary, which was a vote of the people. Ron Paul supporters take the delegates, thus "betraying the will of the people." And that's treason. OK. I get it.

No , you don't get. We have elected REPRESENTIVES in our government that make laws that are against the will of the people, thats how our goverment works. The same goes with delegates, they do not have to vote because of the popular choice or the will of the people , neither does the electoral college.
Are you an american ? If you are please do some reasearch on how things work in america, before you put your 2 cents in.

You don't get it either on how Americas system of government works.
We elect all our representitives from mayor to president and delegates .
We elect them under the assumption that they WILL DO what we believed we elected them for.
The truth is once anyone is elected they decide for us, the people.
That is how it has always worked, from ancient times to today.act
Americans have always had the opportunity to actively participate in their government, and that is what Ron Paul supporters have done, actively participate. Now you nay sayers want cry and call foul ?
Wealth individuals, businesses and corporations have done it for decades. Americans have cried for decades for more than voting for the lesser of two evils. Now you want to cry about having another choice, other than who your two party hands you. Americans should be supporting someone other than the two party choice offered.
Ron Paul or bust even if it's as a republican or a third party choice.

Many really need to brush up on U.S. Government before posting.
Too many people assume too much.
Comprehention is understanding what you read, and many don't.
edit on 31-5-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The MSM never lies, just faceless userbots on ATS - you can't even prove me wrong without trying to use MSM against itself which means they have all the right and wrongs and your just a spectator.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"Betraying the will of the people." Let's see. Romney won the primary, which was a vote of the people. Ron Paul supporters take the delegates, thus "betraying the will of the people." And that's treason. OK. I get it.

No , you don't get. We have elected REPRESENTIVES in our government that make laws that are against the will of the people, thats how our goverment works. The same goes with delegates, they do not have to vote because of the popular choice or the will of the people , neither does the electoral college.
Are you an american ? If you are please do some reasearch on how things work in america, before you put your 2 cents in.

Oh, puhlease. The people voted overwhelmingly for Romney in the primary. Now we have delegates to the state convention and, as representatives, they vote for Paul? The people did not vote for these delegates; they voted for Romney. If they had voted for the delegates as their representatives who turned around and voted for Paul, I could see your point, but that's not what happened here. These delegates are voting the exact opposite of how the people voted.

Don't lecture me on how the American system of government works, Old Hippy Dude. It sounds like you are still stoned.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Don't lecture me on how the American system of government works, Old Hippy Dude. It sounds like you are still stoned.

Not only was that a stupid personal attack, how can someone sound stoned by typing? Looks like you need to get away from your keyboard and go mingle a bit...

I guess someone who is kindly explaining something to you about the process calls for false assumptions on the persons current being. Once again, you all don't know when to stop.
edit on 31-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You continue to prove you have no knowledge on how our government works.

Bush drug america into Iraq and Afganistan, under Obama we're still there.
The majority of Americans want our troops out.

Bush started the bailout, Obama continued the bailout.
Most americans did not want the bailout.

Under Bush we had forclosures, layoffs,high unemployment,high gas prices and loss of rights and libertys.
Under Obama we had forclosures, layoffs,high unemployment,high gas prices and loss of rights and libertys.
Under either party has the american people got anything they wanted ?
Nothing has changed under these two clowns that the two party offered the voters, yet the people chose both to represent them,did either give the people what they wanted or voted for ?
What makes anyone believe another 4 years with Obama or 4 years with Romney is gonna be any different.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Allenb83

No, their obligation was fullfilled when they voted, and they voted by a vast majority for Romney over Ron Paul.
That is why Romney won and Ron Paul didn't.

Wrong! Romney won by cheating, combined with a strong blackout of Ron Paul by the media. There is documented proof of the cheating and the media blackout is quite obvious to the most intellectually challenged.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
To all the people that keep thinking we live in a democracy and that the will of what the majority is what should be put into law are living in a complete shadow of misinformation! The same applies when parties elect their nominee. We have most primaries as just mere straw polls, some primaries are winner take all and then we have caucuses and state conventions for delegate allocation, that's where Ron Paul has been winning. At the Tampa Convention is where the nominee will be officially picked. Our founding fathers weren't stupid they had studied the past and saw that democracy's could clearly infringe with peoples rights.

edit on 31-5-2012 by Tecunuman2012 because: Inserted video wrong

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Oh, puhlease. The people voted overwhelmingly for Romney in the primary. Now we have delegates to the state convention and, as representatives, they vote for Paul? The people did not vote for these delegates; they voted for Romney. If they had voted for the delegates as their representatives who turned around and voted for Paul, I could see your point, but that's not what happened here. These delegates are voting the exact opposite of how the people voted.

You clearly don't understand how the system works. What is happening with the delegates is absolutely normal and was designed to be so. Your founding fathers knew that the masses are easily manipulated, so they created the system as it is, where a very organized group can decide the outcome of the election [getting the majority of delegates]. Romney campaign is in trouble because they don't have a group of really interested people like Ron Paul does. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Patifier

I totally agree... If you look at the vast majority of Romney and Obama supporters, they are generally uninvolved, uninterested, uninformed trendies and hicks who only really care about their starbucks coffee, dancing with the stars/american idol, their iphones and teenage vampire dramas.

To mobilize those people to do anything is like trying to teach a jellyfish how to play hockey. They just sit there with a dumb grin on their faces without a clue as to what's really going on. I mean, how else can the MSM get away with the lies they feed and still be allowed to call themselves credible?

Ron Paul all the way, and a big shout out to his organized followers for being so commited to liberty and freedom!

Now if only my fellow Canadians would start following such exemplary commitment...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patifier

Originally posted by schuyler

You clearly don't understand how the system works. What is happening with the delegates is absolutely normal and was designed to be so. Your founding fathers knew that the masses are easily manipulated, so they created the system as it is, where a very organized group can decide the outcome of the election [getting the majority of delegates]. Romney campaign is in trouble because they don't have a group of really interested people like Ron Paul does. Simple as that.

There is no Party system in the Constitution so there is no argument about delegates and founding fathers.
The people voted, Romney reached the 1144 threshold, Obama performed his traditional role as POTUS congratulating Romney on his victory so it is over.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

When I was a young boy my father would take me to watch him play golf, he always hit under par.
My father loved playing golf with his friends.
His friends took every advantage they could. The one advantage they took was on the green, their ball would be short of the hole, they would pick up their ball and say that is a gimee, ie. a one stroke shot. Other times I would see them take the same shot and miss, and that same gimee shot turned into 2 or 3 shots. I asked my father why he let them do that and he said , I know what the real score is. The lesson I learned is , in real life there are no gimees, regardless of what others say.
So you just keep telling yourself that, others know the truth.
Me I'll just wait till the convention.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
I voted for Paul in 2008 primary, and even in the general election because I didn't care which of the two main candidates got in. Having said that, Romney is going to get the nod this time around. I will be voting for Obama in the general this time because I specifically don't want Romney in office.

The beauty of the USA is that you have the freedom to choose whoever you prefer.

Myself, I'd vote for Charles Manson for pres before I would even consider the possibility of voting for Obama, the guy that took property from bond holders and gave it to his union supporters, the guy who decried Bush's POW policies - which led to vital intelligence, even if reprehensible - while calmly and cooly deciding which members of terrorist organizations will die today (along with any nearby bystanders.)

As Charles Krauthammer put it:

One capture could potentially make us safer than 10 killings. But because of the moral incoherence of Obama's war on terror, there are practically no captures anymore. What would be the point? There's nowhere for the CIA to interrogate. And what would they learn even if they did, Obama having decreed a new regime of kid-gloves, name-rank-and-serial-number interrogation?

This administration came out opposing military tribunals, wanting to try Khalid Sheik Mohammed in New York, reading the Christmas Day bomber his Miranda rights and trying mightily to close Guantanamo. Yet alongside this exquisite delicacy about the rights of terrorists is the campaign to kill them in their beds.

You festoon your prisoners with rights -- but you take no prisoners. The morality is perverse.

Read more: Krauthammer: Obama, the drone warrior - The Denver Post www.denverpost.com...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: www.denverpost.com...

I could go on, but what would be the point? The laundry list of legitimate and serious complaints about Obama is encyclopedic.

Harte

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Cute story, too bad golf is just a game.
1144, Ron Paul no more. See in golf there is no threshold to reach and you automatically win, in the GOP primary, there is.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You are assuming the primarys are a gimee, they'er not.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You are assuming the primarys are a gimee, they'er not.

The Primaries are over because Romney reached 1144, it's all over. There will be no delegate voting. He has enough pledged votes that there is no need to vote, and they reflect the will of the voters so all is good. Nothing left to do but celebrate Romney's victory for the GOP at the convention to try to kick start him off against Obama.

The sour grapes of Ron Paul will be drowned out by the hoopla and fanfair.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
ok paul supporters one last time to prove your conspiracy theory:

Why would Paul delegates vote for Romney? Why not just vote for Paul in the first place?

Truth is, all but ten voted for Romney! HAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
All of your comments are falling on deaf ears.
Try looking up some real facts.
ALL state primarys , voter turnout has averaged 30% ! So even with the MSM numbers, Romney gets 100% of a states primary , that is still 30% of the states voters that leaves 70% undecided ! And you think Romney won anything. Sorry son no gimee here. But keep trying.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

All of your comments are falling on deaf ears.
Try looking up some real facts.
ALL state primarys , voter turnout has averaged 30% ! So even with the MSM numbers, Romney gets 100% of a states primary , that is still 30% of the states voters that leaves 70% undecided ! And you think Romney won anything. Sorry son no gimee here. But keep trying.

Sorry, but those that chose not to vote in their state primary or caucus (outside of the few remaining who have not held their primary yet) won't get another chance to vote until the actual election in November. That 70% doesn't count for anything. The 30% equals 100% of that states votes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join