It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: Texas didn't secure Mitt Romney the nomination!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

This should not be so complicated, should it? I'm 38 years old and only now learning this information. Anyway I have to admit my ignorance with this process but again here is some of what I found on the Daily Paul site. It does not follow what you post and for that matter what I thought was true as well...

42 USC § 1971 – Voting rights us-code.vlex.com... Some of what the law says: b) Intimidation, threats, or coercion No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, presidential elector, Member of the Senate, or Member of the House of Representatives, Delegates or Commissioners from the Territories or possessions, at any general, special, or primary election held solely or in part for the purpose of selecting or electing any such candidate. (c) Preventive relief; injunction; rebuttable literacy presumption; liability of United States for costs; State as party defendant Whenever any person has engaged or there are reasonable grounds to believe that any person is about to engage in any act or practice which would deprive any other person of any right or privilege secured by subsection (a) or (b) of this section, the Attorney General may institute for the United States, or in the name of the United States, a civil action or other proper proceeding for preventive relief, including an application for a permanent or temporary injunction, restraining order, or other order. The Repuplican Party’s rules also prohibit binding delegates to vote according to how a majority of delegates from their state vote.

Source- Daily Paul

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Delegates were able to vote for who they wanted. That's what the primaries and cacuses are for. The role of delegates are to represent the will of the people. As an example of a state that legally binds a delegate here is Massachusetts' General Laws Chapter 53 Section 70i.

Section 70I. If there is a roll call vote for president at the national convention of a political party, all delegates and alternate delegates whose selection is subject by party rule to the approval of a presidential candidate shall vote on the first such roll call for that presidential candidate unless released by such candidate.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The real question here is why Paul is even a part of the Republican Party. He has always been ignored and his views soundly rejected again and again by the Republican masses. If nobody in your party wants you, why stay? Paul could take his small band of followers and form his own party. Its not like he can get any less popular at the national level so, his own party would not hurt that. I am sure when all is said and done an Pauls supporters find out that all these flights of fancy Paul has sold them about stealing delegates etc. has been nothing but hot air they are not going to be happy. Why not just split now and then he never has to explain he was just blowing hot air like any other politician.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by type0civ

perjury ?

betraying the will of the people you represent is treason

what a joke of a campaign, I mean you all should be embarrased

The same thing happened Romney when Ron Paul won the Virgin Islands vote but Romney got the majority of the delegates, so how is it any different? It's only treason when the person you don't like is accused of it, but not the person you do like?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Can't wait to see the look on Romney's face when he loses at the convention.
Even better, I can't wait to see the look on Obama's face when he has to go one on one with Ron Paul in a debate.

edit on 30-5-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

I could then die a happy man

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's just sad at this point.

Romney is the nominee...deal with it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
When I saw this thread earlier ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) I knew there had to be more to it than what was being revealed. Ron Paul is still in this race, and I am sure he will not go down as easy as the GOP would hope at the convention.

Can't wait to see the look on Romney's face when he loses at the convention.
Even better, I can't wait to see the look on Obama's face when he has to go one on one with Ron Paul in a debate.

edit on 30-5-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

A debate between RP and BO should be a very interesting one to watch. Seeing how Obama taught Constitutional law and RP has the constitution tattooed on the insides of his eyelids.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Sorry but he hasn't won anything. The delegates are given out at the convention not before.

How many times do people have to be told this? Whatever happened to "Deny ignorance"?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Sorry but he hasn't won anything. The delegates are given out at the convention not before.

How many times do people have to be told this? Whatever happened to "Deny ignorance"?

And it seems like you are getting your information from Paul supporters who make up their own rules.

If you knew how the process worked...you would know that Romney is the nominee.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And it seems like you are getting your information from Paul supporters who make up their own rules.

And it seems like you get your information from people that break rules...So how are you any different?

Oh wait it is fine to break rules nowadays. I guess rules don't apply to anything. Everything is just void
edit on 30-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm a big Ron Paul supporter myself, but unfortunately, it's not looking very likely at all that there will be a second round of voting at the GOP convention. It's probably a shoe in for Romney.

However, to call him "the nominee" at this stage is very misleading, something I've come to expect from MSM.

I should sue CNN for misleading the public, maybe a class action lawsuit? He's the "presumed nominee" until the convention, NOT the actual nominee.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

sue CNN for misleading the public, maybe a class action lawsuit? He's the "presumed nominee" until the convention, NOT the actual nominee.

Wish we could. However; the convention is the real deal, that is when everything counts. Everything else is a dry run technically, nothing but guesstimations on who is receiving what. The convention is the super bowl of politics. They are seriously trying to mislead the people now so that the convention doesn't matter. Talk about Shanghaiing...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow, you have to see this to believe it. Ron Paul supporters actually think they can defy the will of the majority of the people who voted in the primaries? ...and simply force their candidate on them? The people who would be Dictators

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Ron Paul supporters actually think they can defy the will of the majority of the people who voted in the primaries?

Still missing states..Calling it a clinch is absurd. Don't you think? Wait California is still apart of the United States is it not?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Wow, you have to see this to believe it. Ron Paul supporters actually think they can defy the will of the majority of the people who voted in the primaries? ...and simply force their candidate on them? The people who would be Dictators

Romney did the same thing in the Virgin Islands where Ron Paul won the popular vote, so why is it you don't mention that?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I've had it with these clowns who are trying to back up Robama/Obomney....They sure think everything revolves around what they think...This is the United States huh? BS...Cali, Montana, South Dakota, Utah, New Mexico, New Jersey are still up for grabs. I hope this so called clinching mob vanishes. We will see who has the last laugh.

Convention or Bust
edit on 30-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
I never believe anything that come from the lame stream media.

Good for you because they reported that Obama won the last election when we all know it was RP.

Paul has been running the country since then.

Harte

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
As much as I hate to admit, if this were completely reversed, everyone would be in an uproar.

That is, if Ron Paul was winning all of the caucuses in every state like Romney has been, but yet there was this business of delegates voting instead for Romney, Ron Paul supporters would be in a screaming fit.

I am a Ron Paul supporter. I have to admit that if the scenario were reversed, I would have a huge problem with it. But since I support Paul, I am hoping he wins at the Convention. I think he stands a real chance of beating Obama in debates. Romney doesn't. Romney is a tool with lots of money and is a horrible choice for President. If my choices are Romney or Obama, I'm voting for Obama. At that point, a vote for Paul would be wasted.

Think of a scale. One side represents Obama, the other Romney. I can either place a stone on Obama's side, on Romney's side, or throw the stone into the river. Well, I don't want Romney winning, so I'd better add weight to the other side. Throwing my stone into the river isn't going to help... as sad as it is...

RP2012

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
As much as I hate to admit, if this were completely reversed, everyone would be in an uproar.

That is, if Ron Paul was winning all of the caucuses in every state like Romney has been, but yet there was this business of delegates voting instead for Romney, Ron Paul supporters would be in a screaming fit.

I am a Ron Paul supporter. I have to admit that if the scenario were reversed, I would have a huge problem with it. But since I support Paul, I am hoping he wins at the Convention. I think he stands a real chance of beating Obama in debates. Romney doesn't. Romney is a tool with lots of money and is a horrible choice for President. If my choices are Romney or Obama, I'm voting for Obama. At that point, a vote for Paul would be wasted.

Think of a scale. One side represents Obama, the other Romney. I can either place a stone on Obama's side, on Romney's side, or throw the stone into the river. Well, I don't want Romney winning, so I'd better add weight to the other side. Throwing my stone into the river isn't going to help... as sad as it is...

RP2012
I would still throw it in the river.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join