It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just voted for the President of the United States today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I got my absentee ballot from Florida. Here's a run-down for President:

Bush - REP
Kerry - DEM
Peroutka - CPF
Badnarik - LIB
Cobb - GRE
Harris - SWP
Brown - SPF
Nader - REF

I'm not telling you who I'm voting for
, but if anyone has any questions about the Florida ballot, I'll try to answer them. I noticed that this year, they have you fill in the bubble, no more hole punching with "the official ballot punching device" (paper-clip). So I guess chads won't be an issue this year!

EDIT: I'm not going to try to sound smart, I don't know who half those candidates are!

[edit on 2-10-2004 by curme]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I heard on Fox that there are a lot of registration irregularities in FL, because those who go out to register voters in the street, their homes, the nursing homes, cemetaries and whatnot are not filling in the requisite information before sumitting the registration forms, thus those people whose forms were filled out and turned in by someone else, may be turned away from the polls for being unregistered.

The State is doing everything in it's power to rectify the situation, but time is short. Surely, there will be no shortage of attorneys to descend on the state to ensure that the winner is not declared until the year 2012.

[edit on 04/10/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Quick question about the vote this year if I may...

With the advent of Electronic voting machines is this going to eliminate the "write in" vote? Also, how can one find out which states will have electronic voting or "paper" voting? Does anyone even know?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I wonder how hard they will make it to vote in Florida for the poor, ethnic, and seniors that have had their homes destroyed?

Last tie I voted for a school issue earlier this year, we still had chads.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I'm not telling you who I'm voting for

curme,

I believe you've told everyone who you voted for. It's in the title of this thread. If I'm wrong, then maybe the title should have been "I've Casted My Vote In The Presidential Election." The title makes it sound as though you've voted for the president, which is George W. Bush. If you did, then

EDIT: I'm not going to try to sound smart, I don't know who half those candidates are!

What's the parties of half the candidates is my question?

new topics

top topics

join