It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Culpeper, Va., police officer indicted in fatal shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Culpeper, Va., police officer indicted in fatal shooting

hamptonroads.com

Daniel Harmon-Wright, 32, of Gainesville, was charged with murder and other gun charges in the Feb. 9 shooting of 54-year-old Patricia Ann Cook. His mother, Bethany P. Sullivan, 55, of Orange, was charged with three counts of forgery of public documents for attempting to purge the records while she was an administrative secretary to the police chief.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Outstanding! For once the wheels of justice have turned in favor of the citizen. I am almost speechless. I am relieved for the family of Patricia Cook that this scumbag will not be getting away with her slaying!

What blows my mind is that Harmon-Wright's own mother knew her son was no good and covered his tracks within the department!

hamptonroads.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Good! About time police are held accountable. I remember this was about the woman who was sitting in a car in a church parking lot and the cop shot her. Unbelievable. I wonder if our society hasn't gone completely mad at times.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I've been following this story since it happened and I've got to say...It's about time!

What a weird twist in the story though with his own mother trying to alter his employee records...very shady.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

www2.starexponent.com...

Here is a link from the Culpeper newspaper with pretty much the same info but, has a video.

The comments section of this site is usually a really interesting read when related to this story. They are a very vocal group of folks down there which is why I suspect they haven't been able to sweep this whole story under the rug.

edit on 30-5-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
an update on this dated June 8, 2012

www2.starexponent.com...

This has much more information about the incident than I have seen before.

Special prosecutor Jim Fisher, in opposing bail, revealed more about that fateful Feb. 9 day than has been heard before. According to Fisher, Fauquier County Commonwealth’s Attorney, Harmon-Wright fired his department-issued Glock seven times that fateful day, two at the driver’s side window behind which Cook was sitting, inflicting non-fatal wounds.

Harmon-Wright allegedly fired five more times as Cook attempted to drive away.

“He stepped into the street behind the motor vehicle and fired an additional five shots,” Fisher said.

One of the bullets hit the back of Cook’s head, lodging in her brain and another fatal shot severed her spine, going into her heart and lungs, Fisher said. The bullets came through the rear of Cook’s Jeep Wrangler, Fisher said, through the headrest and back of the seat in which she was sitting.

top topics

join