It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo's From my trip to Chechen Itza Mayan pyramid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The first photo is of EL CASTILLO or KUKULKAN'S PYRAMID

Photo's of THE TEMPLE OF THE NORTH or THE BEARDED MAN

Photo of the SYMBOL OF DEATH carving

Photo of KUKULKAN carving

Photo of THE BALL COURT

Photo of the TEMPLE OF WARRIORS

Another photo of the Pyramid

Hope you enjoy these photos as much as I do. This was the most awesome vacation i have ever been on and cant wait to return to other Mayan locations.

I have lots more photo if you would like to use any of these photos or my other photos please msg me and ill give permission to add to ur website,project or research papers all the originals are much higher resolution and i can give you copys of the higher rez photos.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I've always wanted to visit chitzen itza...great pics, hope you had a blast!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
No beams coming out of the top? Fake.

Very nice pictures. Who was that in their boxer shorts?

Wish I could afford a trip there, seems like a nice vacation.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Nice! snf

So, were you allowed to climb or not?

Could you get a permit or something?

I've always thought it strange that all of the more "mysterious" places were off-limits for whatever reason.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

which photo lol i dont know any of the people in the photos they were just there tourist like my self

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

No you couldnt climb the pyramid i was so mad like u could damage huge stone blocks walking on them right

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
reply to post by rbnhd76

No you couldnt climb the pyramid i was so mad like u could damage huge stone blocks walking on them right

I was gonna ask that same question about climbing! Yeah that is a bit weird.

I went to Egypt and they had no problem with people climbing the Pyramids.

Oh well, preservation and all that blah blah!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
FAKE!!! Photoshopped .......

Great pics dude, I myself went in '93 and I loved it
cheers for bringing it back

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
thanks OP

a really positive thread

Im guessing insurance is the real reason for the bans on certain forms of examination
edit on 30-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Its limestone and its kind of soft.
I was able to walk up when I was there. Several people were having trouble coming down. There was a Mexican woman there cussing as she threw her shoes off the pyramid. What I found interesting is that the walls of the ball court are angled leaning in at five degrees. It is the perfect angle for the sound of the ball court. You can talk in a normal voice on one end of court and someone can hear you on the other end.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

What i thought was amazing was when u stand in front of the pyramid and clap ur hands there is a bird noise that comes from the top back to u

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah the acoustics at those mayan sights are amazing. I went to chechen itza back in the 80's. It was awesome. I am envious of your recent vacation there. I have been wanting to go back and visit them again for at least a decade now.

When I went they let you climb the pyramids there. We also were allowed to go inside the main one at chechen itza. there was a statue of a jaguar inside and very steep wet limestone stairs.

But yeah the acoustics. some of the pyramids have those stone lattice like structures on the top. it was said that they were designed to amplify the voice so that one priest could shout from the top of one temple and be heard in the adjacent one. pretty cool.

Did you get a chance to check out the observatory. really unique building that one is.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your pics with us. It's an amazing place, I was there as a child with my family many moons ago and was too young to appreciate it at the time.

I hope to return one day.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

yes i seen every part of the site i was there for almost 8 hours it was the most amazing place i have ever been.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Nice photos man, i am very jealous! Would love to visit one of these ancient places. Its one of my goals to go to Machu Pichu but Puma Punku would blow my mind!

If it ever happens i'll be return the favour and post plenty of pics!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
When I was in Playa Del Carmen 4 years ago, I made it a point to see Chichen Itza, Coba, and Tulum. Of the 3, Chichen Itza was by far, the best. I absolutely loved the science behind the layout of the city. It is incredible!

I hope your guide was as great as mine. He posed an interesting theory on the ball court. If you happened to notice the sizes of the stones that run along the walls, what were your thoughts on them?

My guide said that he believes they were used as speakers, like tweeters, mids, and woofers. Basically making it so everyone heard everything, no matter where they were located while watching the game unfold. Surround sound in a stadium... Unreal.

The energy in front of Kukalcan's temple is astounding. I could feel the buzzing, and it went through me like a hot knife through butter. So enjoyable, and so humbling.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I wanna go!! Can I ask a ballpark figure for what the trip cost you?

I got to visit the pyramids in Egypt thanks to the US Army back in the 90s. It was great.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I vacationed in Tulum, Mexico back in May 2006 and on one of the days we were there we took a trip to Chichen Itza.. It's truly a fantastic place down there, literally loved every second of it... I will definitely go back some day, when the violence dies down a little...

S & F, hope you had a blast!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
I wanna go!! Can I ask a ballpark figure for what the trip cost you?

I got to visit the pyramids in Egypt thanks to the US Army back in the 90s. It was great.

Once you're in Mexico its relatively inexpensive... I stayed in Tulum at the Dreams Resort and when we went to Chichen Itza it took roughly a hour to get there (well i think it was an hour, I was pretty intoxicated that whole trip ) and the cost for the half day there with transportation was about $100 per person.. I'm sure you can negotiate the prices down when you're there, pretty much everything is fair game... And the trip for 5 days w/ flight(from Chicago) and with it being all-inclusive was around $1000 per person....And that was back in 2006, im sure its cheaper now knowing that they are desperate to get vacationers down there...

edit on 30-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I went in 99 and was able to climb the temple. I used to have pictures from the top. Had a picnic on the steps. It was a great place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join