It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So someone gets kicks out of a scratching cars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
OK, i never thought i would ever post on this forum. But here it is, i guess its kinda falls in here anyway.

After finishing work i was on the way to my car in the parking lot, and i decided i was thirsty so i opened my trunk to get an ice tea. Upon closing my trunk i saw something on my car and i just didn't know what the hell to do.

a Big scratch across the trunk behind my spoiler, now this is no ordinary scratch, its not something someone accidentally did, this scratch was purposely done, in loops and it went thru multiple layers of paint, it went in so deep i could literally see 3 layers of paints.

A little bit about my car, i bought this car, brand new January this year, so i guess its been 5 months, this was my first investment since finishing my school, and i paid with every one of my cents i collected since i was 17 (i'm 25 now). Now my car is just as is when i bought it brand new, i don't have any mods or lowered skirts or anything like that, and its not a 2 door sports car. Since this was something i bought it with my own money(no borrow or finance or anything), i took care of it really well, i even put in high grade fuel that cost extra 20cents/litre, washed every 3 days(had season pass for washing).

Now when i saw this scratch, all my mind could do was play out all the senarios this could have happen(thinking some how this could be my fault) but nope, i washed my car on Friday(scratch wasn't there), and car was in the garage on the weekends and monday. After eliminatin gthe fact it wasn't my fault, i got mad and got this feeling, i was so mad i don't know who to vent it on... the damage was done by an unknown person...and it works in the same place as i do.

Yes, IT, i don't know how else to call a person that does something like this... its not like he stole my GPS, and sold it to someone, he damaged my car for his own self indulgence(i seriously don't care about the repair cost). wth made him do this?. The feeling i got was, how can someone even think to so that? as i was looking at the scratch i could somehow see how this person scratched my car, i mean i can see their emotions on the scratch(i dont know how to explain that). I always thought i will be the first to scratch my own car, this bastard took it away from me!

As for enemies, i don't have any, i recently started this job, and i have not really talked to much people, i think maybe 2 or 3 people, mainly my trainers but our conversion is short and my answers is usually Yes or No, and i never shared any of my opinion or anything.

This was simply a hateful thing IT did.

What did IT gain from doing this? Its not like i was showing off or anything, its not a 100,000 car either.

What the heck was IT thinking when IT did this?

I never really cursed anyone bad luck in my adult life on purpose but i really hope this thing suffers really bad.

/Rant off.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You're calling a person "it"? You "hope this thing suffers really bad"?

It's a car. Get some perspective

Sounds like from this deluded rant you probably gave someone a good reason to do it
edit on 29-5-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
You're calling a person "it"? You "hope this thing suffers really bad"?

It's a car. Get some perspective

Sounds like from this deluded rant you probably gave someone a good reason to do it

You probably say something else when you walk to you car after going shopping with like graffitis and dents. I wonder if you will still say "oh heck, its not an issue" and be merry.

I really doubt i pissed off anyone at work, i just started and i barely talked to anyone like i mentioned before.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yeah sorry I'm not a sick individual. I don't think things like "I hope this thing suffers really bad" in my day to day life. No matter what someone has done to me.

That's a legitimate sign of psychopathy.

And really, if this thread is any indication of how you think and behave in real life, I guarantee it's someone you know

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The unfortunate reality is that somebody is mad because you have something they do not. They want to get even for your nice car and retaliate by marring it. Be warned you are perceived as a have, not a have not. When I purchased a new car somebody checked it with their door on day 9. I got it fixed and the next day, checked again. I parked it where I could see it after the second $450 repair. It was an older accountant in her white Jeep. She would park then hit and move her car. I confronted her before she could leave the spot and she denied it. Should have got it on camera for the police. Wait, they don't care either. Never mind, you deserved it for having a nice car just like I did. Welcome to Amerika!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Yeah sorry I'm not a sick individual. I don't think things like "I hope this thing suffers really bad" in my day to day life. No matter what someone has done to me.

That's a legitimate sign of psychopathy.

And really, if this thread is any indication of how you think and behave in real life, I guarantee it's someone you know

I dont thtink like that on my day to day life, i even mentioned that on the thread;

I never really cursed anyone bad luck in my adult life on purpose but i really hope this thing suffers really bad.

You are calling me psychopathy after i react to something done to my car for no apparent reason?

-My job is in a new town, i highly doubt i know anyone there.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by d4ng3rm0u53

The unfortunate reality is that somebody is mad because you have something they do not. They want to get even for your nice car and retaliate by marring it. Be warned you are perceived as a have, not a have not. When I purchased a new car somebody checked it with their door on day 9. I got it fixed and the next day, checked again. I parked it where I could see it after the second $450 repair. It was an older accountant in her white Jeep. She would park then hit and move her car. I confronted her before she could leave the spot and she denied it. Should have got it on camera for the police. Wait, they don't care either. Never mind, you deserved it for having a nice car just like I did. Welcome to Amerika!

Sadly i guess this happens in Canada as well. I can't be paranoid and start installing camera inside my car to prevent that, these type of people going to be everywhere. I just hope something similar happens to them, so they know how i felt.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by d4ng3rm0u53

Wait, they don't care either. Never mind, you deserved it for having a nice car just like I did. Welcome to Amerika!

OP seems to live in "Kanada"...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Be grateful you don't live in Paris, world capital of dented cars.
Even new cars have dents in Paris.
edit on 29/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Shouldn't mess with another mans car...

I have a 73 dodge charger mint, went to get food once and saw someone trying to break into it...

I got there in time.

Anyway, people take pride in their cars, sometimes as much as they would say a Dog, its their baby, My charger was handed down from grand parents to father to child...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Shouldn't mess with another mans car...

I have a 73 dodge charger mint, went to get food once and saw someone trying to break into it...

I got there in time.

Anyway, people take pride in their cars, sometimes as much as they would say a Dog, its their baby, My charger was handed down from grand parents to father to child...

Yeah i know, guess some people just don't understand the meaning and just look at it as a simple materialistic thing.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Ive noticed people who mention the materialism of others simply hasn't had their most prized possessions messed with yet.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A Mans car really is his castle. Its a "Man" thing. I know how pi$$ed I would be if someone keyed my '98 Yugo. I would have a COW. Then, .. .. I would trade it in on a Dodge Omni.

All jokes aside, some people just do things like that because they lack the ability to work hard for something and figure that if they can't have something like, they are going to do their part to ensure that no one has anything nice.

It's a mean damn world.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

About 25 years ago,i had my first car,a 1977 monte carlo and i had just paid to have it receive a brand new paint job and on the very same day that it was painted,i had parked it up town that night,here in rockland, mass,for like 5 minutes while i went into a store and when i went back outside,i saw a deep scratch running down the entire length of the cars passenger side,it was intentionally "keyed" and someone told me who they saw do it and it was done by a very jealous punk teenager,who happened to have no car of his own and guess what i did to him?...Nothing...Why?...I dont know?...I wasnt afraid of him and i didnt call the police either,i guess i felt sorry for him.Now if that was done to me today,i might act differently and if someone did it to my daughters car,then i know i would do something about it,in her defense,not for my own revenge and thats a perfect example of how i am,an empath i suppose,who sees beyond myself and maybe too far sometimes?
edit on 29-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Maybe you parked a bit too close to another car and "inconvenienced" the other person getting into their car.

A few months ago I parked beside a car that was about over the parking space line. I parked in the middle of my space but it still made for a tight fit for them because of their own parking. Nonetheless, later I found a nice scratch all across my tailgate. they were unhappy with the way I parked!

Sometimes it doesn't take much except anonymity for someone to commit a crime, even murder.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Maybe you parked a bit too close to another car and "inconvenienced" the other person getting into their car.

A few months ago I parked beside a car that was about over the parking space line. I parked in the middle of my space but it still made for a tight fit for them because of their own parking. Nonetheless, later I found a nice scratch all across my tailgate. they were unhappy with the way I parked!

Sometimes it doesn't take much except anonymity for someone to commit a crime, even murder.

Thats the thing, when i bought the car, i was afraid of others accidentally hitting or scratching it so i parked away from the building entrance(less cars park here and lot of open space), but as the day goes on, most people come to my park areas, and my car is usually by itself when i park in the morning.

The scratch was on my trunk behind the spoiler.. the spoiler is untouched.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I used to manage a supply company, I had buisness cards made that Said

"Nice park job A-hole, If I see this crap again Ill key your car"

"Seriously I wrote the license plate down."

It had a blank line where I would write their plate number.

Iets just say I was far less tolerant in my youth, and a bit of a jack ass.

new topics

top topics

join