It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Confirms Virus, Says it Already has a Removal Tool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
According to the Meher Center, Iran has been working on this for sometime. It has already completed a detector and was sent out to select organizations. And now a removal tool is ready to be delivered.

Source

Having conducted multiple investigations during the last few months, the Maher center, the Iranian CERTCC, following the continuous research on the targeted attacks of Stuxnet and Duqu since 2010, announces the latest detection of this attack for the very first time. The attack, codenamed "Flame" is launched by a new malware. The name “Flame” comes from one of the attack modules, located at various places in the decrypted malware code. In fact this malware is a platform which is capable of receiving and installing various modules for different goals. At the time of writing, none of the 43 tested antiviruses could detect any of the malicious components. Nevertheless, a detector was created by Maher center and delivered to selected organizations and companies in first days of May. And now a removal tool is ready to be delivered. Some features of the malware are as follows

(Alternative source)
nytimes.com[editb y]edit on 29-5-2012 by Daedal because: fixed source

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hey, I'm covering this story too, my source was RT, some of the evidence is contradicting...

Here's it anyway : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder what will come of it

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Hey, I'm covering this story too, my source was RT, some of the evidence is contradicting...

Here's it anyway : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder what will come of it

A lot of huffing and puffing but no blowing any houses down. The emperor wears no clothes.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The clip said in part:

"At the time of writing, none of the 43 tested antiviruses could detect any of the malicious components."

Hell that's nothing. Norton can even protect me and friends from our address books being hacked!

new topics

top topics

join