It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
OPNET provides the largest, most comprehensive library of open source, discrete event simulation models for the information technology industry.
VK: Like with Stuxnet and Duqu, it’s currently unclear who is behind it
Skywiper is a modular, extendable and updateable threat. It is capable, but not limited to the following key espionage functions:
- Scanning network resources
- Stealing information as specified
- Communicate to C&C Servers over SSH and HTTPS protocols
- Detect the presence of over 100 security products (AV, Anti-Spyware, FW, etc)
- Both kernel and user mode logic is used
- Complex internal functionality utilizing Windows APC calls and and threads start manipulation, and code injections to key processes
- It loads as part of Winlogon.exe then injects to Explorer and Services
- Conceals its present as ~ named temp files, just like Stuxnet and Duqu
- Capable of attacking new systems over USB Flash Memory and local network (slowly spreads)
- Creates screen captures
- Records voice conversations
- Runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems
- Contains known exploits, such as the Print Spooler and lnk exploit found in Stuxnet
- Uses SQLite Database to store collected information
- Uses custom DB for attack modules (This is very unusual, but shows the modularity and extendibility of the malware)
- Often located on nearby systems: a local network for both C&C and target infection cases
- Utilizes PE encrypted resources
To summarize, the threat shows great similarity to Stuxnet and Duqu in some of its ways of operation yet its code base and implementation are very different, and much more complex, and robust in its basic structure.
Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Helious
France and Germany are big players with the war on terror. Right now the UK, France and Germany are a tag team working together. France might change with the election?The US changed a little after the election.