It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-year-old prophetic dream, referring to 'beginning of end-times'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hi everyone.

I felt I should share this with you, though I haven't yet decided how much I place upon it in terms of what it portends to predict, and the manner in which the timing of the prediction came about.

About nine years ago, I had a dream, which at the time seemed highly significant, and felt as though it was 'spiritual' - in the sense that a seemingly powerful, wise and pure spirit-being was talking to me as I experienced the dream. In itself, the dream was more like a vision than a dream - I was stood still throughout, seeing imagery and the figure of the wise one I spoke with as they appeared in front of me. I believe that the spirit-being was an angel, or some other heavenly power.

Basically, in the dream, I was told that I would never finish reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy (by JRR Tolkien), of which a box-set of the three books had been given me as a present only a few weeks prior to the dream. I was told that before I finished reading the third installment, 'The Return of The King', that the world around me would have entered into the beginning of a time of darkness - indeed, I was told that it would be the beginning of the prophesied 'End-Times' so feared and hoped against by the majority of us.

So ominous was the dream, nine years ago, that I actually decided that I would not attempt to read the books, and so they have remained in boxes, or on shelves, in my various residences since that time back in 2003/4.

I had completely forgotten about the dream, and had recently cleared out some boxes of stuff from the garage - including the trilogy box-set. Having placed them on a new bookshelf in our dining room, I determined I would read them soon-ish, as it seemed a waste to have left them unread for so long. In fact, I read a different trilogy first - the 'Cosmic Trilogy' by CS Lewis. A great read if you have the time and inclination. I moved onto the first book of the LOTR this previous weekend, on Saturday 26th May, as i figured it would be a way to pass the time as I took the kids to be with their Great-Grandma down in the Midlands, here in (beautifully sunny and warm) England.

I had actually finished the first book (The Fellowship of The Ring) by the next day, so absorbed in it did I become. It was only then that I remembered the dream of nine years ago, and the memory came suddenly, 'from nowhere' so to speak. By my pace of reading, combined with my normal day-to-day activities and responsibilities, I estimate that I will have finished the last book by this weekend.

Now what to make of it all? I personally believe there's a two-fold message concerning the state of the Earth.

I will be watching current events very carefully over the next few days. It could be that some conflict somewhere will ignite the blue touch-paper of global war.

I believe that in the midst of, and following this 'third world war', a literal New World Order would arise, but I believe it runs deeper than a simple grab for power by the so-called 'Elite'. My personal beliefs are spiritual in nature, though I love science and enjoy keeping abreast of new scientific developments. I believe that any 'Dark NWO' would derive its philosophy and methodology from a dark spiritual power, the Old Enemy, referenced in scripture as Satan. This draws me to my second point:

The parallel between such an arising of a New World Order here on Earth, and the plot of the LOTR trilogy, is essentially staggering, and blatantly obvious. In the LOTR, Sauron, Lord of Mordor, plots to overthrow all the free races on Middle Earth, to bring about the fall of society, enabling him to then control the entire population in fear and misery, in servitude to him. He uses other, smaller peoples and powers to set up the 'game', to arrange the chess board in his favour, and prepares to strike at a timely juncture and in a manner that he hopes will ensure his victory.

The biblical tale of the end-times is such that Satan will spend aeons deceiving the earth and its rulers, in order to mount a crusade to destroy the earth and claim rule over what is left of it, no more hiding in the shadows or behind the whitewashed appearance of various political powers. He will come out of the shadow realms to demand worship/allegiance, and will torture/ kill all those who stand opposed to him and his schemes.

Conclusion?

I believe the LOTR trilogy was utilised by an angel/ heavenly power as a metaphorical tool to instruct me regarding the time and manner of the 'beginning of the end-times'. You of course may choose to believe me, or may choose to deride me, or may choose to ignore the whole thing. I personally am convinced that the chess board is arrayed in the manner destined, and that the Old Enemy of our souls is about to launch his final campaign against the earth and its peoples. Over the next few days I will be watching the TV, internet, skies and peoples around the world - to try to discern 'the signs of the times', as we were instructed to, so long ago. There may be no major incident so obvious as to arouse our suspicions immediately - think of the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, leading ultimately to World War 1. We must discern and test our theories and the happenings that inspire them according to the light of wisdom.

Side-notes:

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee is this weekend - a time when the British nations will be attending street parties and open-air fun days. Could it be that the rumoured Illuminati 'final card', the fake alien invasion, is scheduled to take place when many will see and fear it? I have had other dreams that seem to suggest that we will suddenly be faced with the rapid descent of spaceships that had been masquerading as stars in the sky.

Another interesting side-note is that the film 'Iron Sky' was released here, last week, in the UK - for one day only in cinemas (23/5/2012). Such an action, of one-day release, makes ZERO commercial sense.

Are 'they' thus using the film to play out that black magic ritual of showing their intentions to the public-at-large before carrying them out? The film-makers are highly annoyed with the distributor (apparently). Did the distributors fall foul of a word come down from on-high? We cannot say for sure, but a one-day release is simply ridiculous if the distributor wanted to make any money at all. What could their reasoning be? It baffles..... Unless there is a hidden hand at work.

Disclaimer: Who knows? Maybe or maybe not. I claim no specific ability of foretelling; I simply had an intense and memorable dream, and am sharing it - and my relevant recent experience - for you to digest according to your pre-conditioned beliefs. I don't expect to sway anyone to believe in 'the prophetic'.

Unless something 'big' happens in the next few days.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well I legitimately loved reading this, OP.

This kind of thing is the very reason I joined ATS in the first place; to investigate the parallels between the metaphysical and our usual 'day-to-day' realities.

Let's just say I'll keep my eyes open as well. I have had similar synchronicities in the past, but nothing which indicated a possible time-frame. Maybe all our puzzle pieces will join together one day.
Thanks for sharing your story

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I love hearing about people's dreams. They are illusive and hard to define, despite being vivid and memorable. I've been experiencing high volumes of Deja Vu moments recently, and most of which I can specifically account for from my dreams. I think dreams should be society's red flags, because they have this undefinable way of making real and solid connections with the 'flow' of our little rock.

S&F, Good... er.. bad luck too ya?!? U_>
edit on 29-5-2012 by wishful1gnorance because: Grammar/Punctuation

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments so far- hoping that people will get involved and keep a commentary running on any potential 'Franz Ferdinand-esque' events relevant to the global situation we face. Any items of news that could potentially relate to a change in the global status quo are those that we are keeping an eye out for..

Best wishes to all and sundry - we live in interesting times.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I swear that if you keep reading those books I will never forgive you for what comes after

Thank you for sharing your dream with us! I certainly hope all this stuff, a dark one world order, world war 3, a dark spiritual power, the end of days, is all bubkis, but how can I truly know?

I had also not realized the paralleled between LOTR and the world's situation today. Once you pointed it out it seemed so obvious. Perhaps I should start reading the box set. I hear there is much that the movies couldn't fit in and that they are really, really good.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
Thanks for the comments so far- hoping that people will get involved and keep a commentary running on any potential 'Franz Ferdinand-esque' events relevant to the global situation we face. Any items of news that could potentially relate to a change in the global status quo are those that we are keeping an eye out for..

Best wishes to all and sundry - we live in interesting times.

That's like asking for food when you're standing in a kitchen.

Predicting when the #### will be hitting the fan is the goal of ATS, with a breeze on our face we all are looking at the man in the white lab coat, goggles, and latex gloves holding a steaming pile of dog poo; and asking ourselves, "Should I take a few steps to the left before he smashes that into those high-powered rotating blades?" The obvious answer is yes, it's just extremely hard for us to disconnect. We all see it coming, but our feet feel glued to the floor... what exactly will it be? we don't know...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

I intend to play it by ear. I don't intend to actively look for bad signs, but I will be paying attention to the news and if anything catches my eye, like ill news from China, Iran or Russia, or scary news from the government involving nationalization and new anti-liberties. Also I will be watching the economic news from Europe.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

You're absolutely right, I hadn't thought of it like that - near every genuine member (discounting disinfo) is aware that the game is afoot, but many are literally at a loss as to what - if anything - can be done.

I've had many dreams that seem to show me active in a post-apocalyptic / post-war Britain, and also in North Africa/ the Middle East during an Arab-led massacre of the ruling Elite, who for some reason were gathered there.

The 'Africa/ Middle East' scenario was horrific, and I'll be most glad if I never have to witness the sort of things I saw in those dreams in real life. The 'Britain scenarios' were encouraging, as there were many who survived the trials and tribulations, and banded together to overcome a common enemy.

Who, here on Earth, knows what the future holds? I believe personally that there are intelligences out there in the vastness of Deep Heaven that are able to foretell some of the events that are to come upon us. As a man of faith, I believe that God himself can lead a person to the knowledge of certain future events, both through dreams and waking visions during prayerful trance. I am wary to say that my dreams came directly from God, and don't claim to be a prophet; however, I do believe that some of the dreams were from 'Heaven-led' sources, and were intended as both practical guidance, and as an encouragement to the soul, when the trials and tribulations really begin.

I could write for hours about the contents of the specific dreams I refer to - they stay with me, both consciously and unconsciously, to be recalled in detail at a moment's notice, for years. Not all my dreams are so vivid (though I dream every night, and remember the vast majority) - which makes me wonder about those that do particularly stand out, and 'withstand the test of time' so to speak. Are they a message from above intended for my aid, or for me to share with others for similar aid and encouragement? As yet I'm not sure (except on a few counts, where a message from someone/somewhere is explicitly relayed) - this recent issue concerning the reading of the LOTR has got me wondering again.

Let's see what the future holds - we're all headed there, whether we like what we see or not.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting dream. Thanks for sharing OP. It has been claimed that dreams are our way of testing out all the 'probabilities' that are available to us to experience as our physical reality. We then choose the 'probable future' which best suits our desires and beliefs.

Your dream is not necessarily your chosen future (or anyone elses), but just a probable future you considered and rememberd because of its impact upon your psyche.

I have also heard of the parallel between LOTR and current events. If the parallels are legitimate, then in our present terms, what would be 'the one ring to bind them all'. What is this one important 'thing' that is needed by the EVIL ONE to bring his plan together.

What is it. Where is it. Who has it, and who is able to thwart his plans ?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to put down the LOTR! That's not a request, its an order!

In all seriousness though, it will be interesting to see if anything does happen. The MSM has been quiet over here in the US (I purposefully watch something like the World News on ABC just to see what they are or are not reporting). Things seem to have heated up in Syria again, or in the very least things aren't calming down over there. Syria is just one area of many things that seem to be at the brink of collapse. Who knows what will happen.

I've personally had what you could call "prophetic" dreams, but they've always "come true" within 2 weeks. When I was younger I used to dream of constant floods and military conflicts, so I'm hoping they were just a reflection of my life at the time (there was a lot of conflict going on, so it would make sense) instead of what is to come.

Either way, keep us posted. If the very least, the LOTR books are a very good read.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Hi Fly

Interesting post...I also had visions during the 2003/5 time period..similar to yours..I saw a being pouring out the 'bowl' on the earth..dreaming and experiences filled with end times symbols etc..

I still cant be sure if what I saw was a legitimate spiritual event and 'notice' or just an induced hallucination..some things I saw were not written or part of my memory though and the spirit within me said during one vision that it was ' not Jesus'...so I felt a mix of reactions.

ty for sharing your stuff..it was good to know I'm not the only one.

Rosha

edit on 29-5-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

As a theory, that my incorrigible mind has dreamt of, I have a feeling that fate is actually a cyclical beast. Have you every heard the phrase, "It has all happened before, and it will happen again."? What we might call the present, might actually be the past as well, and in fact they are memories. I don't mean to say we are stuck in a groundhog day scenario, but I believe that the our universe has a very specific pattern that it continually follows, similar to a wave, or the tide. That even when it comes time for it to end, it will begin again and go through the same motions.

I remember that some ancient culture called this Uroboros, I can't remember which one and I have no urge to google right now.

Many of my Deja Vu experiences have occurred very randomly at very insignificant times, however a few have been immediately before or immediately after something that was very trying, in one form or another. I can't begin to elude to the reasons why this phenomenon occurs or why my brain chose to show me those moments during my dreams. What I do know is that these events aren't my imagination running wild, I can say for a fact that I have experienced things well before they actually occurred.

Fate always has a funny way of finding us, no matter how far we try run from it. Good luck to your endeavors sir?.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
S&F

Thank you for sharing.

Ignore the haters, but in the hope that they find Truth.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
OP beautifully written. Do tell us when you finish the final installment. I'll be watching this space; or shall I say, be watching all spaces worldwide!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Nice post. I am not sure you are aware of this, but JRR Tolkien was a devout Catholic, and in fact has a close relationship with CS Lewis. Link below:

en.wikipedia.org...

The lord of the rings contains a lot of Catholic metaphors. The ring represents sin and man's fallen nature for desire of the flesh. The rebirth of Gandalf the Gray to Gandalf the White was a metaphor for the crucified and risen Christ. Gandalf's refusal of the ring even represents Jesus' sin free nature. Its all fascinating stuff if you look into it more.

I think you had a fairly interesting view on the big picture. Was God working through JRR Tolkien when he wrote that? I am not sure, but believe the possibility exists.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It is a significant time that is unfolding before us. Do not submit to the dark. We are blasted with it by the media. The fear, the negativity, the false promises. It's enemy is Courage, Wisdom and Knowledge. The best thing you can do for your Self right now is to align to your Higher Self. Bring forth your Light and resonate beyond their reach.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Another link if you are interested in learning more. Also a few good JRR Tolkien quotes in there as well.

www.catholiceducation.org...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What great power you hold in your hands?

Dont finish the book....

Problem solved, throw it away , never buy another copy, never be tempted to read return of the king..

If what you say is true, you have the power to create a new future and have a great burden on your shoulders....

Or it could be just a dream and just a book...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Interesting. But jubilee weekend? I'm pretty sure with most of the country merry we'd all just have a giggle if there was an alien invasion
Who knows, time will tell... and if nothing happens by the time you've finished reading the final book or soon after, hopefully you'll be able to put this dream and worry to rest. Probably best, IMO.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
The biblical tale of the end-times is such that Satan will spend aeons deceiving the earth and its rulers, in order to mount a crusade to destroy the earth and claim rule over what is left of it, no more hiding in the shadows or behind the whitewashed appearance of various political powers. He will come out of the shadow realms to demand worship/allegiance, and will torture/ kill all those who stand opposed to him and his schemes.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is only one of three schools of interpretation, called Jesuit Futurism, and not necessarily the best school. Personally I follow the school of Historic Interpretation, according to which the end can come at any moment now. Pretty much everything has been fulfilled according to Historicism, and Revelation encompasses the entirety of the “Age of the Church” (following the "Age of the Jews", which ended in 70AD). I think you are safe to finish your book though, as although the mark already exists, I don’t believe that it is enforced yet as much as it will be, but then that is just MY opinion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/29/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join