It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brief journey through occult America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I would like to share some of my photos and experiences of my own personal travels. All debates aside, there is esoteric symbolism built into the very fabric of our nation. Well the whole world really, but I am limited by my age and experience. Whether on our coins and paper, or watchfully looming overhead blazing like a star in the dark of night, these symbols convey private meaning and understanding between adepts.

I would like to pause here and right off the bat state that I am not "calling out" any order or fraternity or society. I could not even begin to make a valid argument for where these symbols come from, for I am an initiate of no craft. To my knowledge there are many secretive and elusive orders whose name few men have uttered and by assuming one thing or another in this area, I display my ignorance to some who perhaps know more than I.

I've put together a trinity of cities for you guys, in an effort to both maintain brevity and to fully explain the circumstances of the photos.

New York City:

(if this is rotated 90 degrees I'm sorry)

The above photo was taken shortly after sunset at the Master Apartments formally known as the Master Building on east Riverside Dr. in Manhattan.

A brief history of the Master Building:

Originally built to house a museum for Russian-born artist/diplomat/explorer/spiritual leader, Nicholas Roerich, a school, an auditorium and a restaurant in a residential hotel, the building was designed by Harvey Wiley Corbett of Helmle, Corbett & Harrison and Sugarman & Berger.[4] The auditorium is currently occupied by Zoe Ministries, and the Roerich Museum has moved into a nearby townhouse on 107th street. There is an intriguing mystery and murder connected with the stepped all black Cornerstone. Its B2 bomber shape is marked with one of Nikolas Roerich logo's - It contains within it a casket very precious to the Roerichs in which (according to renowned cryptologist Louis Buff Parry) a mysterious fragment of an ancient Jewish pillow stone which Nikolas and others connected with him believed was from Jacobs Pillow and the Temple in Jerusalem circa 600BC. The curious murder committed in the boiler room (immediately behind the cornerstone) of the Master Building was probably related to a covert theft attempt of this extremely valuable esoteric tablet which Buff Parry calls the Lapis Exillis. adding even more to the special atmosphere of this anthropomorphic 'Master' shaped building. -Wikipedia

I have a picture of the cornerstone too but it has my face showing so yeah...haha. The symbol in the window seems to be the cross inside of a circle or sun. To my understanding this is primarily used by the Rosicrucians but that is just a guess. Also, notice the "Illuminati" masks. A symbol which has held esoteric meaning for centuries (since Shakespeare I think, because the RC used the masks in their symbolism with him).

Another interesting fact, and photo that I won't share here, is directly across the street from the building is a deli called Pyramid Deli and the logo is three pyramids.

I have many more to share but you get the idea. Represented are what look like some sort of beast, maybe ram heads and serpents and dragons. They also appear to be on a bed of bones or something. The most chilling one to me is the one of the serpent coiled up next to an apple. I think we can all agree on the meaning of that symbolism....

Minneapolis:

An entryway of the mystery schools, with the boat of Osiris on the top. If you enlarge the picture yourself you will find all sorts of egyptian and esoteric etchings.

Austin

A friend of mine in Austin, Texas showed me this curious vantage point in the city. Much has been written about the Frost Tower but few have seen this curious alignment.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Awesome stuff...

I don't have much to add, as I have not researched enough to draw any conclusions myself.

Do you have an album online, that I can view... in regards to seeing the other images that you have?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
Awesome stuff...

I don't have much to add, as I have not researched enough to draw any conclusions myself.

Do you have an album online, that I can view... in regards to seeing the other images that you have?

No, unfortunately I haven't put anything together. Pulled these pictures off my iphone

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Your first photo is probably an actor's studio.
The masks of drama are what is depicted there. I just learned what they meant, though I have always seen them associated with theater.

It would be interesting to dig through all your photos and identify the meaning of the symbols presented. ( the real meaning)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hoot Hoot !!

edit on 29-5-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular

Hoot Hoot !!

edit on 29-5-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)

Yeah, Moloch for sure.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

These are so very beautiful.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

These are so very beautiful.

Well, Cody, guess a Satanist such as yourself and I can agree on this symbolism, eh? East side Manhattan is so Rosemary's Baby haha

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yep, I know and love this symbolism.
Are they from the same building as the first blurry one?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

No, I should have made that more clear. The Master Building (as it is no longer called) is in the art deco style from the 40's. As such, there are no symbols or designs (at least from what I could tell). I know the first image is blurry but It was actually a good time to snap a photo because you can see how the religious symbol in the glass (from what I can see is a sun and cross) and the masks lit up a red/orange hue.

It should be known that all the photos of the Ba'al imagery were taken at NUMEROUS buildings in VERY CLOSE vicinity to the Master Apartments. I just kinda checked out the whole neighbhorhood. None of these images are of the same building.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Also do you think of the last of the NYC shots represents the Oroboros? Although I've never seen the image with 2 serpents swallowing their tails.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yes, that is definitely an Ouroboros. It was quite commonly depicted, as here, as two entwined dragons swallowing their own tails. The symbolism is the same.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Maybe there is symbolism in the architecture.... I hope there is. When I look at those photos, I get a sense of nostalgia and longing for better times when the world had true craftsmen. Intricate and ornate detail with roots in symbology hand carved, and laid by someone that took pride in their respective craft.

These days, it is basically impossible to find things of that quality, care, and detail.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with symbology. I have a tattoo of a blazing sun encircling the chinese emblem for fire. It looks like any other tattoo with a chinese character, but only someone who knows me would realize I got it to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of blowing myself up! I got it on the left shoulder, and one of the few places left unscathed by the explosion. It looks symbolic, because it is symbolic, but only to me.

I also have a tattoo of Patrick Star inside one of my biceps. It just looks like a stupid cartoon character, but only my wife and I know the significance it has to the roughest time of our life. When she sees it, or when I see it, I get a little teary-eyed, and thankful for what I have and what I almost lost. Patrick and Spongebob are symbolic of best friends and eternal optimism that kept my wife hanging on through such a hard time.

So, when an artist is tasked with drawing up a dollar bill, or a craftsman is tasked with designing a tiled floor, or a building facade, if that craftsman has expert skill and life experience, then symbolism should be an intricate part of the design, and the symbolism is only meaningful for those that it directly impacts. To everyone else it is just a stupid starfish.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Maybe there is symbolism in the architecture.... I hope there is. When I look at those photos, I get a sense of nostalgia and longing for better times when the world had true craftsmen. Intricate and ornate detail with roots in symbology hand carved, and laid by someone that took pride in their respective craft.

These days, it is basically impossible to find things of that quality, care, and detail.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with symbology. I have a tattoo of a blazing sun encircling the chinese emblem for fire. It looks like any other tattoo with a chinese character, but only someone who knows me would realize I got it to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of blowing myself up! I got it on the left shoulder, and one of the few places left unscathed by the explosion. It looks symbolic, because it is symbolic, but only to me.

I also have a tattoo of Patrick Star inside one of my biceps. It just looks like a stupid cartoon character, but only my wife and I know the significance it has to the roughest time of our life. When she sees it, or when I see it, I get a little teary-eyed, and thankful for what I have and what I almost lost. Patrick and Spongebob are symbolic of best friends and eternal optimism that kept my wife hanging on through such a hard time.

So, when an artist is tasked with drawing up a dollar bill, or a craftsman is tasked with designing a tiled floor, or a building facade, if that craftsman has expert skill and life experience, then symbolism should be an intricate part of the design, and the symbolism is only meaningful for those that it directly impacts. To everyone else it is just a stupid starfish.

Hey man all I can say is that I am fascinated in this stuff in an Indiana Jones kinda way or something. I'm not judging anyone and we can agree that the craftsmanship is of a very high caliber.

I'm not saying symbolism is bad, because it isn't. All religious texts are full of it including the Bible. It is a very elegant way of communication as well as art in many cases. I'm not trying to "draw my own conclusions" or anything because there are areas of institutional learning which discuss religious and architectural symbology (take the oroboros for example).

Like I said this stuff is fascinating to me. Every city can turn into an esoteric treasure hunt.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Yes, that is definitely an Ouroboros. It was quite commonly depicted, as here, as two entwined dragons swallowing their own tails. The symbolism is the same.

Awesome, thanks for your confirmation. I really appreciate that you will frankly discuss this with me and have not tried to call me crazy!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Like I said this stuff is fascinating to me. Every city can turn into an esoteric treasure hunt.

Oh, I agree 100%!!

Every city, every building, every old house, it is a fascinating part of our history. I knew a couple that bought an old Victorian style home in Carthage, MO for something like $40k. The home was run down, had indoor/outdoor carpet and panelling all over it, with leaky plumbing and requiring a lot of electrical repair. They started tearing out walls and they found solid marble floors underneath the carpet, intricate teakwoods and marble stone walls, a gorgeeous fireplace that was completelly hidden. When they finally got all the nasty walls torn out, they realized the whole first floor was a giant ballroom! The house is now on the Historical Registry.

When I was a kid, we used to run around and explore all the caves in the "4-state area" and there were interesting symbols painted about. Many of the old caves were Jesse and Frank James hideouts. Last year some TV program followed the symbols and legends and found Mason jars full of old Silver Dollars the James gang had buried about!! We were right on top of that stuff for years.

I'm not knocking your love of symbology at all. I think it is fascinating also.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ha! Lucky snag for 40 grand....Those are two great stories. I like how you point out also that this same history and meaning can be found anywhere, that it is not just occult buildings and stuff but even some random cave on farm land will have relics of the James gang.

The more I read and learn, the more I see that all of our history is more connected than some would let on. The story of Jesse James is a very interesting one.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Awesome, thanks for your confirmation. I really appreciate that you will frankly discuss this with me and have not tried to call me crazy!

Anytime.
That's my job.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If I had the time, I would become a treasure hunter myself.

Blackbeard's Treasure This link is about Blackbeard's treasure supposedly on the shores of Delaware, but I've always heard it is down here near the mouth of the St. Marks river. I'd love to go dive and search for it, but Florida has very strict laws regarding treasure hunting.

All these sites are within a few miles of me!! There are a few dozen sites to visit within an hour or so of my house.

I'm sure there are an equal number of treasures buried near you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm fortunate that my career takes me all over the country and I make sure to use my free time wisely. Why sit in a hotel room when there are so many hidden stories to be discovered!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join