It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned baby dolphin saved by Uruguayan NGO - Great Pics !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
After all the bad news we had about dead dolphins, I didn't expect this one. God bless these guys. I don't understand how people can kill such an amazing being, just look at this little guy, you can feel his need for love.

The reserve 'SOS Fauna Marina' raised a baby dolphin, which was found by tourists, with no trace of his mother and his umbilical cord still attached to the body. The small mammal of about 10 days, showed marks of a fishing net. These images are samples of the lesions improvements of the small "La Plata", a year after his rescue.

Source (More pics inside) : www.emol.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Love a good news story, they are amazing animals. Let's hope it lives a long & happy life & cheers the the rescuers
edit on 28-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: Because

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Thanks for the thread, poor little baby. I found a link with a bit more information on the baby dolphin and some more pictures. Apparently these Dolphin's are falling foul of very poor people fishing nets. Hope someone can come up with a solution for the people that need to eat and the Dolphin's.

www.globalanimal.org...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by Trueman

Thanks for the thread, poor little baby. I found a link with a bit more information on the baby dolphin and some more pictures. Apparently these Dolphin's are falling foul of very poor people fishing nets. Hope someone can come up with a solution for the people that need to eat and the Dolphin's.

www.globalanimal.org...

I have to thank you. Besides the additional info, the pics in the link you provided are beautiful.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

What a wonderful uplifting post ! ...Thank you, Trueman.....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Aaaawwww

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
***UPDATE***

I found a video of the little dolphin and his rescuer together, the baby wants to hug him. True love !

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Loved the video but was saddened by the news underneath: SAD NEWS: Nov. 13, 2010- Nipper ('Dulfi'), the baby dolphin rescued 12 days ago, died at dawn this morning of complications from hypothermia and respiratory failure, according to Richard Tesore, who had been caring for the infant river dolphin at the SOS Rescate Fauna Marina in Uruguay...www.GlobalAnimal.org...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
reply to post by Trueman

Loved the video but was saddened by the news underneath: SAD NEWS: Nov. 13, 2010- Nipper ('Dulfi'), the baby dolphin rescued 12 days ago, died at dawn this morning of complications from hypothermia and respiratory failure, according to Richard Tesore, who had been caring for the infant river dolphin at the SOS Rescate Fauna Marina in Uruguay...www.GlobalAnimal.org...

I was so exited about it that I didn't payed attention to that information. How sad is that, I don't know why it touched my heart so deeply. Maybe because all the time I spent trying to call the attention of the ATS members about the mass murder (that's what it is to me) of the dolphins in Peru, in this thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With my heart in my hand, I ask you to read it, all I can do is share the information we put together with a few members and let the world know about it. Read it all and spread it, flag it (it's not my thread) and call the attention of everybody before it's too late.

Thank you.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I was just excited as you in sharing this that my wife was the one who actually pointed that information out to me. I am absolutely in awe of dolphins, whales etc. They are indeed wonderful creatures. I was so looking forward to the opportunity to swim with dolphins when my wife and I went to the Bahamas last year until I saw the cost of being able to do such......$300.00-$400.00 for like 30 minutes if memory serves.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

My pleasure for posting the photo's, yes the little dolphin captured my heart too, so sad that he didn't make it but at least he wasn't alone and experienced love and caring.

I S&F'd the other thread you mentioned for the die off's.

Also not sure if you've seen this site, I signed the Declaration of Rights for Cetaceans: Whales and Dolphins.

Affirming that all cetaceans as "persons" (because they are highly self aware) have the right to life, liberty and wellbeing. They should also be regarded, as “ends in themselves.” That is, the current human practice as regarding cetaceans primarily as economic commodities is ethically indefensible.

(Dr Lori Marino is one of the scientists that helped birth this idea, (Senior Lecturer in Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology at Emory , USA) She is the author of over 80 publications in the areas of cetacean neuroanatomy and brain development.)

Here's the link to the declaration page, which is now open to everyone to sign.
www.cetaceanrights.org...

And this link is to the idea's covered by Scientists at the 2010 Helsinki Speaker conference:
www.cetaceanrights.org...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Thank you so much. After reading your post, I understand why I can't see them like animals. If we were able to speak to them, we wouldn't have anything to teach them.

join