It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1952 RAF pilot UFO sighting revealed-NEW CASE MAYBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
One of the most tantalising ever accounts of an apparent encounter with a UFO – deemed so credible it apparently convinced a British minister – can be told for the first time.

This sighting occurred in 30 July 1952, when Flight Sergeant Roland Hughes was on a training flight over West Germany in a de Havilland Vampire FB9.

A very interesting article here

Unfortunately i dont what case is this as for me it is completely new

It also seems Dr David clarke is doing or done a book on it

Also notice the photo.interesting

edit on 27-5-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

We can exclude experimental craft

edit on 27-5-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

We can exclude experimental craft

new for me and yes we can definetly exclude that.Wonder what it was

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So this happened at the same time as the 1952 Washington D.C. UFO flap (July 1952) and sixty years later we're only just now reading of it.

For all this secrecy there is bound to be something of substance to the subject.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
So this happened at the same time as the 1952 Washington D.C. UFO flap (July 1952) and sixty years later we're only just now reading of it.

For all this secrecy there is bound to be something of substance to the subject.

Same month? There's gotta be a connection with that, "He reported seeing a sudden flash of "silver light" in they sky high above him which rapidly descended towards him until he could see that it was a "gleaming silver-metallic disc". " Discs in Washington also, if I remember correctly.

So, multiple, global sightings of the same type of craft. It's either Nazi tech or E.T., and even if it's Nazi tech, then the tech is still E.T.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow, star and flag for you!

I will look into this more!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ahhh 1952 a time of high strangeness indeed .
Thanks for posting , this is unknown to me too so I've had a bit of a search but cant find much more on it , I'm unsure whether the relevant document has been released or is due to be released by the National Archive .

I have however found a link to download a PDF of the current issue of Fortean Times that contains Dr Clarks article on this case .
ebookee.org...
Reading it now

We could do with Isaackoi or Karl12 to come in as I'm sure one of them may have some more info on this

edit on 27-5-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Nice post.

This account has buzzed the Internet in the last 12 hours or so. Until your thread, I hadn’t heard of Flt. Sgt. Roland Hughes or his sighting report.

Dave Clarke gets a lot of flack from inside the UFO field for being an arsey English sceptic; some well-known names just don’t like his ideas (psycho-social, folkloric, misidentifications). Whether anyone likes it or not, he’s been digging out historical files on UFOs for years now. He’s nowhere near the celebrity of Nick Pope and yet has been part of the process of the MoD’s release of UFO reports. Google “Flying Saucer Working Party” or “MOD UFO files” and he’s there.

In this case, I’m going to wait for more information…see what turns up. The descriptions are vivid and the reported craft was pretty large (estimated 100 feet). The idea that this size of object was seen only by one witness out of four is worth considering.

It would only be a month later when Churchill wrote his memo asking, ‘What does all this stuff about flying saucers amount to? What can it mean? What is the truth? Let me have a report at your convenience.’

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I am curious as to why did this sighting that apparently didn't have something ground breaking need 60 years before it was declassified.

I am guessing they wanted to suppress the fact that an aviator saw it and was credible?

Here follow some pictures of the de Havilland Vampire FB9

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The idea that this size of object was seen only by one witness out of four is worth considering.

Yes it is peculiar as it is also peculair this object was tracked by radar.I think more files will be released soon and hopefully we will learn more

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

There is nothing sinister to keeping reports confidential for 60 years, it is policy in the military to not release anything you do not have to.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I didnt know raf had the same policy.Interesting

On a side note i wish i could modify-edit my first post.Why after 4 hours i cant?anyone know?Just want to have every info in one post instead of all over the post.Anyway here are some images of what bankin turn is and where the planes where headed for the visual types

Banking turn

And here is where the planes where headed and also i approximately pinpointed where peenemunde is

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Can't add much more to this, but I did find this photo of the flight journal describing the incident...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
saucer sam on the net

Making the rounds on the net for those interested.
Interesting machine these saucers.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM

Unfortunately i dont what case is this as for me it is completely new

IMSAM, great thread and fascinating radar/visual case
- it's completely new to me as well (god knows how many others are out there) and it also sounds quite similar to this incident from three months later - right down to the object description, radar confirmation and log book records.

Interviews found at 13:55.

link

This report from December in the same year is also remarkably similar.

Cheers.

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

saucer sam on the net

T+L, Nick Pope makes a relevant comment below and it seems that by the nineties the stigma of Saucer Sam may have evolved into 'Flying Saucer Fred'

"Certainly when I socialized with my RAF colleagues, I would find that they were a little bit more receptive to the idea of UFOs--and by that I mean perhaps even an extraterrestrial explanation for this -- than you might have supposed. One of the reasons for that was that so many RAF pilots had actually seen things themselves. Many of them have never made an official report. I had one chap tell me that he had seen something over the North Sea. I asked him why he hadn't reported it, and he said, 'I don't want to be known as Flying Saucer Fred for the rest of my career.'"

Nick Pope, headed up the "UFO desk" at Air Secretariat 2-A, British Ministry of Defense from 1991-1994.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join