It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture Shows How All Humans On Earth Would Fit Into One 900 Meter-Wide Ball

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
I enjoyed the water-sphere thread so much, I decided to run the math to see how big of a meatball we could make with all of us, and the result is quite surprising.

The numbers I used:
density of ground human = 950kg/m^3 (assumed same as ground beef)

average mass of adult human = 54kg (picked the low-end since we're not all adults. The average mass of "all humans" would undoubtedly be somewhat lower, so I'm fudging on the high side)

number of people = 7,016,000,000

We would make a 913m diameter meatball. Somewhat less than a kilometer.

I double-checked my math with Solidworks by constructing a sphere and measuring it's volume, so I know it's right.

Here's a picture of us all, call it a human family portrait, visiting Washington DC.

Surprisingly small we all are, aren't we?

edit on 27-5-2012 by tjack because: the pic was obnoxiously large

And people like Kissinger talk about overpopulation. Please...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
wasend it Archie Bunker calling us meatballs? wowww ....a man with vision... :-)

Close, it was "MeatHeads"

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

man man Ground Human !! Dont give the Reptilians any Ideas!! ok !

good thread tho !

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

This is vital information!

You, sir (or madam), have done science a great service.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It would be 875 meters wide if Americans weren't so damned fat.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Ok Wise guy, if you can stack all the humans into a building as thick as the WTC 208x208 feet. How many stories would it have to be to house 7 billion people?
edit on 27-5-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Interesting topic, it reminds me of a story in my area about a meat factory owner killing 3 health inspectors and trying to dispose of the bodies in their product.

OK, well that wasn't exactly what happened, But you know how urban legends take on a life of their own.

Link

Stuart Charles Alexander (March 22, 1961 – December 27, 2005) was a businessman and inheritor of the Santos Linguisa Sausage Factory, which was founded by a late great aunt, Pia Santos and her husband Antonio in San Leandro, California in 1921.[1] Alexander was convicted in 2004 of the murder of three state and USDA meat compliance officials in 2000.

Will you ever be able to eat Linguisa again?

edit on 5/27/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/27/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
OK we've got the ultimate meatball. Who's going to make the spaghetti bowl to go with it? LOL. Great illustration.
Thanks for the thread, BTW, I was playing Diablo 3 killing zombies and Skels before reading ATS, LOL.
Referring to reading about the naked man eating a face right after. Weird.
edit on 27-5-2012 by jb1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
WOW ! This is cool ,weird, wrong [ in a sick way ] , great fact to know, and odd that you ground us up .

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack

Originally posted by studio500
I have to admit, math and I don't mix at all.

But if all that mince was squased down into a giant say 6ft high burger, I wonder what it's diameter would be?

The human burger ...............

A tad over 16.5 kilometers.

If you mashed it down in Queens, NY it would look like this:

I bow to your superior knowledge

That would be some monster burger lol

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Meatballs?......I LOVE MEATBALLS!

Hey.......

What did one cannibal say to the other cannibal?

What do you want to have tonight? Mexican or Chinese?

(mods, please don't ban me....it was just a joke)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Someone PLEASE tell me I'm not the ONLY one with this song going through their head:

and now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Cannibal Chef Settles for Human Meatballs

You'd think a professional chef who is also a cannibal would be into some ambitious human meat food, right? Nope! A 21-year-old Russian cook and (now-jailed) cannibal settled for some boring old meatballs and sausages.

According to RIA Novosti, the guy found his victim on a "gay website" (his opening line was, we hope, "looking to eat your meatballs and sausage"), and then stabbed him to death before butchering him and preparing the dishes. While we would have liked to see something experimental—sous-vide people flesh, say—sausages and meatballs are certainly more versatile. And, before the stupid police got involved, you could have made them yourself at home!

If that weren't wicked enough, the 21-year-old cannibal, a chef in the Arctic city of Murmansk, made sick videos of himself turning his victim's flesh into meals and then posted them online, the Daily Mail reported. Source

edit on 27-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
we could get monica lewinski to blow alll the water out of that ball and it would then be aprox 70 percent smaller

Im not sure where she would put all the water when she was done with it
well, I guess it depends on what the meaning of depends is

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh, ew.

That thing must smell.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Soylent green meatball of epic proportions.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

Since this is already an epic thread, here's a way to make it ultra-epic: Do the same thing for the gorilla population and chimp population. Maybe the other great apes. So you'd have the balls in separate pictures and one pic with all of them lined up next to each other. Human, Gorilla, and Chimpanzee "total mass" shown in comparison in one thread! (I have a feeling the gorilla ball will be quite small, as will the chimps, and that can be used to help save the remaining apes). Thanks for doing such a great job.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I would be curious to see how other "balls" looks like.

For instance, what would the misquito ball look like? How about a bacteria (prolific species) look like? How about tree ball, a plankton ball, or a virus ball?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Jeez....
What's next? A picture of what our total production of fecal matter would look like in a ball?
Or maybe what our entire planet would look like in a ball?...oh wait

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
reply to post by tjack

your weird

Your sentence is either missing an object or an apostrophe and an 'e'. Either way, it is missing a period.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I would be curious to see how other "balls" looks like.

For instance, what would the misquito ball look like? How about a bacteria (prolific species) look like? How about tree ball, a plankton ball, or a virus ball?

i don't need to see gorilla, monkey, or bug, balls
thanks anyway

edit on 27-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
so many have been influenced into believing that the population needs reduced because earth is overcrowded.
we see that is not the case and I see that those who argue to diminish population are played into the hands of the population reducers who use tools like wars, disease, drugs/chemicals, pollution, abortion, non reproductive sex or even suicide so that the "wealth" is more concentrated and the wealthy have fewer to distibute wealth or poverty to.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join