It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear God (or Aliens)...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MyrtlePlace

We're actually not that far off then. Seems like I misunderstood and missjudged you, my bad.

I also agree that the elite is in for a treat when the time has come and that we ultimately need to overcome our disputes in order to live together in peace and respect for each others diversity.
Until then, I'll hold on to my beloved nation though, since we already got some things straight here other nations still have to figure out for themselves as it seems. But I guess that's the beauty of diversity.

I also think your version of god sounds much less threatening than the current theistic paradigms, although I'm not really religious or "spiritual" myself. For what its worth, here is hoping your assesment is right.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

Should be as simple as proving that it is infact us humans who are responsible for our suffering (best regards from William of Ockham).

Go. Deny my ignorance.
edit on 27-5-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

If by "us humans", you mean the guys in the suits who own and run the world, then you would be right.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

I also think your version of god sounds much less threatening than the current theistic paradigms, although I'm not really religious or "spiritual" myself. For what its worth, here is hoping your assesment is right.

Too right brother. I'm glad we had this conversation. I agree that I could be wrong about god, but as you said, it's far less threatening than any other theology. And I feel that this all had to come from somewhere. Something had to initiate the "Big Bang", or whatever put all this crap here. And why a Creator would need to punish his creations, when suffering on earth seems punishment enough (that we don't deserve), is beyond me. Why it would have to judge us for our actions, which are the result of the options it created for us, is also ridiculous. And why it would require a place to send us for eternity to rot in flames as punishment for not obeying it, when it gave us free will, is insane. That's not free will. That's the same free will our government gives us!

But it's not about judgement. It's not about punishment. It's not about learning. It's about experiencing, growing, and creating. Whatever that means. It means something different to everyone. That's the beauty in it. Infinite possibilities, for eternity. And I assume that, when we've had enough of this physical realm and its suffering, we don't have to come back here if we don't want to. We could come back in a realm or time on earth where everything's rainbows and butterflies. Or never come back anywhere physical. We can just exist in the sea of whatever awaits us after death. It's our choice, at the end of the day, whether you're alive or dead. You always have a choice.

And you can never not exist. It's a contradictory concept. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only change form. Why should our conscious awareness behave any differently? Why are we so special that when we die, this rule doesn't apply to us? We forget this on purpose when we incarnate here so that we can experience ourselves for what we are (or for what we want to be). The government (and church - same thing) has murdered anyone who's ever said this since the beginning of time, to maintain control of the masses. Look at what happened to Jesus. All he tried to do was tell us to treat others how we wish to be treated. Big mistake. But we all choose every moment of every day who we want to be, regardless of our past. No choice is right or wrong, just different. This is the true way of all things, including nature. Even biology makes choices from time to time. It's called evolution.

But one thing I'm pretty confident of is that all classical theologies of god, and heaven and hell, and judgement and suffering and anger and resentment, is so sad and ridiculous that how anyone could believe in (and love) a god like that is crazy. That's like loving your drunk and abusive father. Sure, you can do it, but it's not a healthy relationship.

Or maybe I'm wrong and god really is a vengeful asshole, and I'll spend the rest of my days burning in hell because I didn't obey his "every word" (the ones written by other men). If that's the case, well, f*ck heaven. I don't wanna go there anyway. Heaven sounds just like church but forever and ever. Singing songs and praising the Creator for making us, for eternity, OR ELSE. Jesus, f*ck that. What's the point? The only people who are going to be up there are idiots, murderers and child-molesters. I think I'd rather hang out in hell with all the rock stars and interesting people.

And the idea that this entire universe and earth was created for a one-off, a one-time trial, some sick test or experiment, is as silly and as logical as saying the earth is still flat. The universe is just one massive playground, and us earthlings have yet to leave our earth-mother's womb, let alone experience the joy of playing in those grounds. It's all for us, man. Every molecule. The problem is, we've got greedy, and "us" becomes "me". It's all for "me". That's inaccurate, and that's why there's so much suffering in the world. I am both the sinner and the sinned-against. That's why I try not to cause any suffering to anyone else if I can help it. And if everyone else did the same, we could all live happily ever after. A fairy-tale, sure, but one that's possible, even if it is a far off slim chance.

If we could all just realize that we're made of the same stuff, that we all live forever, that there's no judgement day coming, and that the only judgement that counts is the judgement you place on yourself (since you're god, anyway), then all these materialistic and violent and decadent people would suddenly realize that selflessness is the only way to get everything you ever wanted. We have to put others before ourselves, if we want ourselves to be peaceful and happy. Because what you give to another, you give to yourself, as there's only One of us.

There's always hope, right?
edit on 28/5/2012 by MyrtlePlace because: -

<< 1   >>

join