It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asthma Sufferers, What will we do when the SHTF?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
One of the things a dr. advised us for my ex's son, who was already on a multitude of symptoms, causes, and treatments, was if we had ever forgotten his inhaler and trouble getting to a replacement or back to it's location was, strong black coffee as a first resort. Yes caffeine, for a child was a shocker, but it worked and he wasn't all bent out of whack like we expected. It did relieve some immediateness to the situation till be drove the hour back to his mom's to get his device.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have asthma and was wondering about the same thing. One remedy I'd love to try is worms:

www.nhs.uk...

That's how we would survive and kick the a**es of those that believe they would survive just because they have not yet developed any illnesses caused by the environment and not by weak genes.
Seriously I want the worm cure.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
buy mullein and drink it as tea and cure your asthma?
try swimming.
you dont have to live with it, thats the loosers attitude.
cure and win

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Go to a certified hypnotherapist, and let them teach you how to control your asthma with your own mind using anchors and triggers you develop in the process. Do some research on the interwebz, there's plenty of info out there.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I also have asthma and I am obese.I just started my diet this
morning and I want to get healthy.This has been on my mind
for a long time.I wrote a thread about my health issues possibly
being a burden to my families survival.
1.My asthma was caused by an industrial accident while working
in a plastics factory.This accident induced an allergy to perfumes.
I only have to use my inhaler when I am exposed to perfumes.My
family knows this and will be cautious around me.
2.My weight is something that can be dealt with before it becomes
a burden to my survival,or my families.I know the reasons behind my
eating problem and I'm dealing with them.
3.I am a gun owner and I am a decent shooter.I can stop anyone at
20' or less as I get head and body shots everytime.

You could talk to your Dr. and see if you can stock up on your meds
before things get bad.The biggest obstacle in stocking up meds is
the insurance companies.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Im an asthma sufferer and ive actually been thinking of the same shtf situation, from my own personal experience ive noticed Ginseng really helps especially in a tea, but that would be hard to find during a shtf situation, but what else ive noticed is that the more i train in cardio exercises especially running, it reduces my asthma a lot and i wont have any symptoms as long as i train on a regular basis. Another definite factor for me is the climate of where i am, if the weather is hot and dry i wont have asthma symptoms unless its spring time, but when its cold or humid i almost 90% of the time will get asthma symptoms and have to take my inhaler on a daily basis, but thats me personally, everyone is different and has different triggers. Other than Ginseng though the only other thing that i recall reading about that can prevent asthma is actually tomatoes.

Never heard about Ginseng or Tomatoes helping, I'll look into it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
ive had asthma all my life, was hospitalized regularly through my child hood...

As Ive gotten older its gone away for the most part, but when I get a cold Ill start Wheezing again...

All I say... Is there is a plant, when vaporized, that takes away my wheezing near instant... No jitteryness, no steroids, no side effects.

It works better than all the asthma meds they pushed on me as a child.
edit on 26-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

LOL
I've done my fair share of research about that one.
Seems to help a bit.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Chronic Asthmatic here. Been on the edge of death a few times with it, on average as a kid I would spend about 4-8 weeks per year hospitalised with it.

Crazy thing that helped me is..... *waits for the gasps*

SMOKING!

Seriously! I only smoke pure tobacco without all the other gunk added. The smoke relaxes my lungs, and I've lived the last 15 years or so without needed my little blue friend in my pocket 24/7.

Over the years the many times I've tried to quit, my asthma comes raging back...

Go figure!

Weird, Tobacco constircts your blood vessles. Seems like it would have an opposite effect.
Whatever works for you!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

You have to understand, my motives are not about having someone "survivalist" as yourself take care of me. I'm searching for natural medicine to be self sufficient in a situation where it's needed.
I wouldn't be a burden on anyone.
You call youself a "survivalist" well that's exactly what I'm trying to do, Survive.
Seems like you would have better advice.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
One of the things a dr. advised us for my ex's son, who was already on a multitude of symptoms, causes, and treatments, was if we had ever forgotten his inhaler and trouble getting to a replacement or back to it's location was, strong black coffee as a first resort. Yes caffeine, for a child was a shocker, but it worked and he wasn't all bent out of whack like we expected. It did relieve some immediateness to the situation till be drove the hour back to his mom's to get his device.

Never heard this one before! I'm going to test it out.
I'm getting some great suggestions. Thanks.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
I have asthma and was wondering about the same thing. One remedy I'd love to try is worms:

www.nhs.uk...

That's how we would survive and kick the a**es of those that believe they would survive just because they have not yet developed any illnesses caused by the environment and not by weak genes.
Seriously I want the worm cure.

Thanks but not Thanks lol.
I will not be trying this one.
I can't stand the thought of worms crawling around inside me.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by GmoS719

I also have asthma and I am obese.I just started my diet this
morning and I want to get healthy.This has been on my mind
for a long time.I wrote a thread about my health issues possibly
being a burden to my families survival.
1.My asthma was caused by an industrial accident while working
in a plastics factory.This accident induced an allergy to perfumes.
I only have to use my inhaler when I am exposed to perfumes.My
family knows this and will be cautious around me.
2.My weight is something that can be dealt with before it becomes
a burden to my survival,or my families.I know the reasons behind my
eating problem and I'm dealing with them.
3.I am a gun owner and I am a decent shooter.I can stop anyone at
20' or less as I get head and body shots everytime.

You could talk to your Dr. and see if you can stock up on your meds
before things get bad.The biggest obstacle in stocking up meds is
the insurance companies.

Yeah, I'm currently stocking up on my medicine, using a little as possible because I know that one day I wont have anymore.
Good for you for trying to lose weight! It could have a drastic effect on your asthma.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I used to eat gypsum weed seeds. Not sure if that is the right name, but is a tall spiny weed that grows in central tx. Has a big spiny ball with a purple tuft on top. I never ate more than 5 seeds because nanna said I would od. It took about an hour to work, tasted like crap, but gave an energy boost.

Is it a wives tale? I don't know. I haven't lived in the area or had a bad attack in years. We still grow it in the back yard. The pods start to split open when the seeds are ready.

ETA: Don't try it unless you know what you are looking at, and its an emergency. I don't want to gett anybody hurt.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have asthma, I've gotten a lot better coping with it. I only use my inhalers only if I have to. But eating healthy, doing exercises in moderation, drinking plenty of fluids. Keeping away from moulds, horses, dogs, and certain cats, pollen, dust. Have lowered the impact on my lungs. I heard this from an article that eating bitter foods opens up the airways too which I found was interesting!

healthland.time.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I came down with allergies/asthma at about age nine. I went through the usual round of tests and shots for years, until the problem eased up in my early twenties. Fall allergies diminished, to be replaced by spring allergies, and I discovered on my own that the Redbud tree was the culprit. In 2010 my wife and I moved southeast New Mexico, and it is good here except for the dust - this area is like an annex of west Texas. There are times when the sky actually turns from blue to brown. It's still better than Missouri/Misery!

My wife and I got back last night from a week-long trip to Farmington, in the opposite corner of the state. A friend of a friend of my step-daughter shared some Hennesy/VSOP/cognac with us, and I had some. The stuff tastes like no other beverage, it's 40% alcohol, and has 60-odd ingredients. After a drink, my breathing was like silk, I could easily fill (FILL!) my lungs fully, and it was like the stuff had dissolved all the mucus in my respiratory tract. Days later, the effect was still there. Great stuff!

When the SHTF, I don't mind dying, having realised that situations exist for which death is preferable. I have also realised that survivalists don't get out alive either, and many of them may find that they are on the government's red list anyway - what a joke.

Lay in a stock of ammo, meds, cognac, and save the last round for yourself.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I have the same effect from smoking. My doctor has told me that the tar coats the linings and
the allergens can't irritate my lungs. Every time I have stopped smoking...and once was for 7 years...
I end up puffing down those inhalers way above the recommended puffs.

in response to the OP...

As far as what to do when TSHTF is ask your doctor for the albuterol sulfate inhalation solution
(not very expensive) and stock up on them.
Buy a really good pump nebulizer, like a fancy perfume bottle or salon sprayer, pour a few of the
albuterol vials in and use that to produce an inhale-able puff.

Also with the amount of info out there and so many things to try....now would be a good time to start
experimenting to find out what works for you while there is medical services and rescue inhalers available.

Don't wait til TSHTF!!!!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
get a nebulizer, and inhale cannabis tincture.

everyone is doing it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
get a nebulizer, and inhale cannabis tincture.

everyone is doing it.

In most places this is still illegal.

To the op

Sadly you will die unless you have a load of gold or silver to barter with just like other people that needs constant medicine.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
try to keep breathing

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by mileysubet
Suck it up....

See what I did there?

No really I am a suffer of hay fever, and I understand. Under the most heavy pollen counts, even hayfever can be suffered through.

Asthma can and does kill people. You can't just "suck it up".

Had a friend of mine when i was 15, he died from an asthma attack on the way to the hospital. His emergency inhaler ran out and his mom couldn't find the spare and he died. Only 15 years old.

I believe the old timers used steam to soothe inflammation, the doctor's book of home remedies says the steam from coffee will help. I don't have asthma so i can't exacly help experiment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join