It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asthma Sufferers, What will we do when the SHTF?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm creating this thread to discuss asthma and hopefully we can share something that will save a

life. I've suffered from severe asthma since the age of 3 and although it has gotten better since

then, I am currently on Advair (long-term maintenence medication) and a fast acting inhaler for

emergencies. Lately, I've become more & more concerned about the "S Hitting TF". What would I

do? What if it the world gets so bad that I no longer have access to this medicine? Then it dawned

on me. Asthma has more than likely been around a lot longer than the pharmacuticals. What did

people with asthma do 100 years ago? So this prompted me to do some research. There has to be

something natural out there that will help reduce symptoms of my asthma and hopefully get me

off of medicine all together. I'm currently doing that research and I thought, what better way to do

that then to reach out to my people on ATS. Anyone here that has asthma and has successfully

reduced their symptoms with herbs, fruits, plants, etc... please share your story!

So far here is what I've came across let me know if you've used any of this.

Mullein - Native American tribes used this for treating coughs, bronchitis and asthma
from what I've read it is very common in the United States which is a plus!
Wiki

Lingzhi mushrooms - They have been effectively used as anti-inflammatories, antivirals, anti-parasitics, anti-fungals, anti-diabetics and anti-hypotensives.They have also been shown to effectively lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar.
Wiki

Whatcha Got?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Suck it up....

See what I did there?

No really I am a suffer of hay fever, and I understand. Under the most heavy pollen counts, even hayfever can be suffered through.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Suck it up....

See what I did there?

No really I am a suffer of hay fever, and I understand. Under the most heavy pollen counts, even hayfever can be suffered through.

Asthma can and does kill people. You can't just "suck it up".

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
What did people with asthma do 100 years ago?

People with asthma 100 years ago died from the affliction. Science has interfered with nature for too long in my opinion.

If you cant live without chemicals created by humans maybe it is just your time to pass on.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but, honestly I am tires of the weakening of the human gene pool with mental retardation and minor health issues propped up with hypermedications created to usurp the natural balance of the earth.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Suck it up....

See what I did there?

Well then die, really I don't need and nor does any other survivalist need a needy medical case on their hands.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

What did people with asthma do 100 years ago?

People with asthma 100 years ago died from the affliction. Science has interfered with nature for too long in my opinion.

If you cant live without chemicals created by humans maybe it is just your time to pass on.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but, honestly I am tires of the weakening of the human gene pool with mental retardation and minor health issues propped up with hypermedications created to usurp the natural balance of the earth.

Why do you even bother replying?
You are obviously ignorant on the subject because almost ALL cases of asthma have nothing to do with genes. Lung damage caused after birth is what does it.
Nature provides it's own medicine. That's the purpose of this thread. Quit trolling and move on.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Suck it up....

See what I did there?

Well then die, really I don't need and nor does any other survivalist need a needy medical case on their hands.

Like I said, you are a troll.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This great thread brings up the wider issue of what does any one with a life dependance on medication do when the medications is no longer available. My sister is on medication after the removal of her thyroid.

As much as I hate to say it, many of these people will simply die!

OP you are doing what many others should be doing but aren't. Finding alternatives is a life saving endeavor and one that you should be applauded for. I suggest you experiment with things that are easily stored for long periods.

A product called Vics Vapor Rub when placed in boiling water and breathed in may help. (towel over the head etc.) If you find possible alternatives you need to try them now to learn how to prepare them and to see if they are effective in your individual case!

P

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
This great thread brings up the wider issue of what does any one with a life dependance on medication do when the medications is no longer available. My sister is on medication after the removal of her thyroid.

OP you are doing what many others should be doing but aren't. Finding alternatives is a life saving endeavor and one that you should be applauded for. I suggest you experiment with things that are easily stored for long periods.

A product called Vics Vapor Rub when placed in boiling water and breathed in may help. (towel over the head etc.) If you find possible alternatives you need to try them now to learn how to prepare them and to see if they are effective in your individual case!

P

Thank you for atleast being civil.
I'm beginning to think the same thing, I'll probably just experience with different things and post my results, I'm sure there are people who would appreciate the information.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well I'm off to bed,
Hopefully someone with some sense has replied by the time I get back.
Peace

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Im an asthma sufferer and ive actually been thinking of the same shtf situation, from my own personal experience ive noticed Ginseng really helps especially in a tea, but that would be hard to find during a shtf situation, but what else ive noticed is that the more i train in cardio exercises especially running, it reduces my asthma a lot and i wont have any symptoms as long as i train on a regular basis. Another definite factor for me is the climate of where i am, if the weather is hot and dry i wont have asthma symptoms unless its spring time, but when its cold or humid i almost 90% of the time will get asthma symptoms and have to take my inhaler on a daily basis, but thats me personally, everyone is different and has different triggers. Other than Ginseng though the only other thing that i recall reading about that can prevent asthma is actually tomatoes.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

P

Thank you for atleast being civil.
I'm beginning to think the same thing, I'll probably just experience with different things and post my results, I'm sure there are people who would appreciate the information.

Do you think that survival will "civil" after TSHTF. Come on get real, any person who holds up the survival of the community will be quickly weeded out. The ones who are too weak to carry their weight, and the ones who need special medical care will be the first to go.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Suck it up....

See what I did there?

Perhaps he is a troll, perhaps he is a product of out society.

In times gone by the Thinkers in society were lauded as great minds that add an enormous breadth to our future.
This has been eaten away by multinationals who want to take the benefits without paying for them. Who invented the compact disc? Phillips of course! Crap. It was two brilliant scientists. They simply worked for Phillips.

What this poster is, is a blinkered individual who can only see a very narrow view. He sees survival! He does not see the need to rebuild. Left up to him and his ilk, the human race would (once again) descend to cave mentality. He is a product of the screwed up world we live in.

We will need the older population as teachers and to look after the children while the able bodied go on with the production of food and shelter. He is as blind as a man without sight. He just can't see it!

P

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
ive had asthma all my life, was hospitalized regularly through my child hood...

As Ive gotten older its gone away for the most part, but when I get a cold Ill start Wheezing again...

All I say... Is there is a plant, when vaporized, that takes away my wheezing near instant... No jitteryness, no steroids, no side effects.

It works better than all the asthma meds they pushed on me as a child.
edit on 26-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
We will get weeded out of the population, it's Darwinism

And my asthma's gotten significantly better since I was a child but my allergies are still goin strong. If the apocalypse involves cats I'll be done for...
edit on 26-5-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Listen to patriot nurse.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Suck it up....

See what I did there?

Perhaps he is a troll, perhaps he is a product of out society.

No I am a product of survival training, with many (30+) years of woodcraft training/living under my belt. I live in the mountains of Colorado and have done survival training in the most adverse conditions you can dream of. My opinion is a product of that experience.

It is just an opinion though and you all are free to design any scheme of survival you can think of . I have seen many perfectly health men and women fall victim to the most mundane injuries known to us. Asthma is not a mundane artifact of nature, it will kill you if not treated, I know this. There are few survivalist that will choose to take care of an asthmatic person, as their survival depends on your health and, most are not willing to risk that.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

their survival depends on your health and, most are not willing to risk that.

And at the point that mercy and compassion are thrown out the window is survival even worth it?

Even a dog will help another injured dog despite its risk to itself.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Chronic Asthmatic here. Been on the edge of death a few times with it, on average as a kid I would spend about 4-8 weeks per year hospitalised with it.

Crazy thing that helped me is..... *waits for the gasps*

SMOKING!

Seriously! I only smoke pure tobacco without all the other gunk added. The smoke relaxes my lungs, and I've lived the last 15 years or so without needed my little blue friend in my pocket 24/7.

Over the years the many times I've tried to quit, my asthma comes raging back...

Go figure!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by mileysubet

their survival depends on your health and, most are not willing to risk that.

And at the point that mercy and compassion are thrown out the window is survival even worth it?

Even a dog will help another injured dog despite its risk to itself.

True enough, I have seen animals risk there own survival for a weaker or injured member. Often to die alongside the one that it was attempting to rescue.

It is obvious to me that many here do not agree to my ideas of survival but, I expected that. I was raised in
a "warrior" type of house hold.

I also acknowledge that people of my own family will not live in a survival situation. They also know that truth as well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join