It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urine Smell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hello Eveyone,

I found this forum while I was looking for answers upon a phenomena that has been happening to me for the last few years... And it seemed to me like the best place to find them,

I live in Portugal. I started dating my girlfriend in summer 2000.
Around ealrly 2001, she came to live in Lisbon (where I live ) because of college. Around March 2001, we decided to rent an apartment and live together.
At some point, I started noticing a strange urine smell in our bedroom, and my girlfriend described it as something that had been with her family for quite sometime.

This is how she said it started:

Her Great Grand Mother spent her last sick days at a bedroom at her dughter's (my girlfriend's Grandmother) house (she didn't die there though).
Some days after she died, they began to feel a strong scent of urine in that bedroom. At first they thought it could have been some forgotten chamber-pot, but then they found nothing...
Then the smell seemed to come from behind a closet, but there was nothing there either.
Finally they washed the room with bleech and painted it new. It didn't take long for the smell to keep showing up.

Later one day, my girlfriend's father got angry with his parents (his mother being, the daughter of the deciesed old lady), and there was a strong dispute concerning the family business ( a crystal factory).
My girlfriend father decided to start his own factory, and bought an old warehouse.
As soon as they enterd THAT new warehouse the smell showed up... Yet nobody from her family had ever been there.

On another ocasion, she and her father were driving home late at night and her father almost fell asleep while driving... He woke up with the sound of the wheels going out of a road turn, and of course my girlfriend's scream. He quickly assumed control of the car, and stopped it to take a breath... At that moment, that same urine smell came up.

As I was saying, back in March 2001, we both started having that smell in our new home in Lisbon (a hundred kilometers from where her family lives) and it became an almost daily phenomena.
About 2 years later, some financial drawbacks made us give up that house, and she went to share another house with some college coleagues, while I returned to my Father's house.
I helped her moving, and as soon as we steped at her new bedroom to drop the first furnitures, that smell came up again...

Now the unexpected about all this is that it was the first and the last manifestation at that new house... And sometime afterwards it stated showing up at my place!.. I mean this is my parents house we're talking about... The place where I was born, and there had never been anyone in that house before my parents!... The flat was brand new back in 1968!... And we never had any kind of less than normal phenomena there whatsoever...

In other words: Whatever that smell is, it sort of decided to start following me instead... To where I lived.

Some months ago, me and my girlfriend have rented a new house to live together again... but I haven't managed to move there yet. So she still lives alone there - So far... No smell.

I'm still at my father's house, because he's been doing some radiotherapy for a prostate tumor, and I've been giving him some support...
The smell is always here with me, at the room where I spend more time with my computers. It manifests itself as soon as I show up, and goes after sometime... But sometimes has short returns. I was feeling it just moments ago.

I wonder what will happen when I move to live with my girlfriend. Will we start feeling it there?..

Also important to remark is the fact that this same smell keeps manifesting at the bedroom where it first started, at my girlfriend's Grandparents house (100 km from here)...
I felt it myself when I went there, on several ocasions. It's quite strong sometimes!

I'm not a skeptic person at all, but I have a natural way of facing things I don't understand. I realize that I cannot understand or have a "scientific" explanation for everything, so just because i don't understand something, it doesn't mean it doesn't belong to the natural world. I think there is an infinity of things we still have to learn, about our natural reality...
But then agin I thought: maybe there is some research upon this subject... Maybe something has already been studied...

Therefore, here I am seeking some enlightenment about this strange yet persistent phenomena.
Unlike what seems to be more common (?), it doesn't seem to happen at one fixed place, or with one fixed person or family... It sort of shifts places and persons, as if... Well, I don't know.
All I know is that it sometimes is strong as a public latrine!

I've seen many reports over the internet, about people who say they feel a cat's urine smell (I guess it could be quite related), and it is often explained as Poltergeist (not that I know very well what that is).
I also read the sinister story of the Dibbuk Wine Box, since it also mentions cat urine smell, but fortunately that's the only thing in common, both phenomena seem to have.

Can anyone help me enightening this mistery? I could use any information i can get...

Thanks.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by mikas]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yeah, those damn cats.

Here's the problem.

I know it sounds like a poltergeist, but I need you to check for anywhere in your belongings that a cat may have been.

I had this problem for awhile. Turns out that a cat had urinated in the bottom of a box that I hadn't opened for a long time, and had a bunch of books in it. Apparently, I opened it one day, and our retarded cat felt that my Robert Frost poetry book looked good enough to piss on.

I nearly strangled that thing. I hate cats.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It could be your girlfreind.

Seriously, go through her diet. She may have a food alergy that is causing some wierd B.O.

Does she eat asperigus?

If you have a cat, buy a black light. Cat urine glows faintly under U.V. light.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
To answer both my kind predecessors, Like I told you, the smell has shown up in such different places as my girlfriends grandparents house (a big house with garden 100 km from here) where there are no cats; the many flats I have lived with her at (some with cats, other without); and more recently my Father's house, a flat where I have always lived and we never had an animal because my father has always forbidded it.
Besides that, like I told you the Urine smell has been showing only at my Father's place, since i returned to live there. My girlfriend doesn't live there!

All this started with her family before I even knew her... And since I know her, it became a part of my life... But it also keeps happening at the place of origin, at her grandparents place, 100km from here.

So basicly there doesn't seem to be a way to connect it to a certain person, nor place... Much less with cats, since I know very well what cat's urine smells like, nad this is much more like an intense human latrine. Not to mention that more than 50% of the places where it persistently manifests, are flats with no animals.

When you try to trace where the smell comes from, it's impossible: The scent is in the air but if you get your nose close to anything it never gets any stronger or weaker... All objects and corners of the house have their normal "dusty" smells.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
To get things worse, the smell is there intense like hell on one moment, and then... Nothing! Completely gone!...

Sometimes it starts when one enters the room, other, times when you have been there for a while...

It obviously is not cat pee, or anyone else's... One day you never had it there, the next day you start having it everyday, for years...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I know that some people just have smells. I don't have one, but a lot of people just have certain smells attached to them. Unfortunately....that one may just have been urine!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There really needs to be a voting option for "Best Thread Title"

But yeah, odd story. I can't fathom what it could be.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Strange tale indeed.

My question would be when did members of your family start not only noticing the smell, but expecting it and discussing possible theories and linking accounts.

The mind is powerful and studies indicate memory and senses are not only correlative but can inspire each other.

I can taste and smell things I think about (or even don't on a concious level) without tasting or smelling them at all. They aren't there to produce the sensation, but it comes nonetheless. But it's certainly not supernatural for example that a particular song on the radio makes me taste lemon, and a minute later I'm thinking about the love of my life and the way she prepared humus to that song. Or that a particularly depressing or trying time or new event in my life like moving or starting a new business would eventually remind me of another difficult time like the death of my mother, which was associated with much the same smell of decay and daily cleanings of the same expulsions you describe "smelling."

Something to consider. Good luck and let us know what you think please.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Like I Said, it is nothing that had been happening with me or my family, before I met my girlfriend. It's something that had started with her family, sometime after my girlfriend's great grandmother died (coincidential or not...)

I'll repeat the chronology of events:

* My girlfriend's great grandmother dies (around 1995). Some days later the smell is perceived at the bed room where she had spent her last days. Unable to find the origin of the smell, they wash all the room with bleech, and paint it new. The smell keeps showing there still these days.

*My girlfriend remembers feeling that smell on several ocasions during her adolescence: Once inside her father's car, after they almost had an accident from her father falling asleep while driving, another time when they went to see a warehouse her father had bought to start a business of his own, after a family business dispute with my girlfriend's grandparents (his parents).

*I start dating my girlfriend in June 2000, and in March 2001 we start living together at my hometown (Lisbon - 100km from where she lived with her family). The smell starts manifesting shortly after we occupie our new home. It's my first contact with the phenomena, so I start complaining about the plumming... Some days after, she tells me about the smell history with her and her family. At first I find it quite absurd, but then I notice the smell can't be traced from any particular place, and only shows up when we enter our room, after geting home from work, and disapears about minutes or an hour afterwards.

*About a year ago we stopped living together because I couldn't handle the financial expenses, so she moves to share a house with some girls from college, while i return to my father's place where i have always lived.
She only feels the smell on her first day at the new house, however I start to feel it on my bedroom at my father's place. This strange thing that I have never dreamed of before meeting my girlfriend, came with me to my family's place!.. And she has stopped to sense it where she lived...

*Some months ago we rented a new flat to live together again... So far there has been no smell.
I haven't moved yet... I still live at my father's place, where I still feel the smell everyday at my bedroom... It manifests shortly after I first enter the room, and usually lasts about an our. sometimes it returns while I'm working late at my computer.

It's always the same unmistakable smell!
No cats, no girlfriend... Just me and my bedroom... It seems to come from my bed, but there's nothing there.
No matter if I get home at 7.00 PM or at 11.00 PM... It always shows up some minutes after i enter the room, and it strikes me like a strong wave of smell... As if saying: "Hey, I'm here... Remember?.. Then it goes away after less than na our usually.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I had the same problem kind off but it was just a fowl smell I'll find the link and put it in here for you to read over.

SE7EN smelly ghost?

[edit on 2/10/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sounds like you have a ghost with a bowel problem

top topics

join