It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Motivational Poster Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Had a funny conversation about company motivational posters, made me start thinking way out there. Please note there is little evidence of this but it's a speculation to consider, so I wanted to share for a laugh. Please note I'm half joking with this, don't ask me for proof because I have none.

Companies put up motivational posters, we've all seen them: a mountain peak or sky diving, with a cheesy motivational message which mostly translates to 'work harder, keep trying'; perfect for a work environment. Because it usually is a Nature theme it is nonoffensive and politically correct. Or is it?

Maybe that poster was sprayed with a special chemical. Locked in by a plastic seal. When you rip it off to reveal an adhesive side, the chemicals are released into the air. Corporate offices have poor ventilation, so the chemicals sit in the air for a while, maybe eventually through the air duct. The chemical is mostly a synthetic glue. Glue is a product widely known to cause mild hallucination if inhaled. Let's say three or four 'motivational' posters are in a small office, could it be enough to get someone 'motivated' or a better term would be HIGH.

Consider the psychology: if you were drugged in some manner, you might notice, but if you are staring at a motivational poster you expect to get some type of euphoric feeling to begin with so the effects of the drug would be less noticeable.

Am I right?

And to think all this time, those motivational posters were politically correct inspirations when in possibly fact they could be a secret drugging operation to kill worker brain cells so they don't complain about their meaningless jobs.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

made me start thinking way out there.

Reel it in my friend, reel it in.

There are much easier ways to pull this off if in fact a company was willing to go to such an extent to garner more production.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

And to think all this time, those motivational posters were politically correct inspirations when in possibly fact they could be a secret drugging operation to kill worker brain cells so they don't complain about their meaningless jobs.

I think your rant is way off-base, and couldn't be further from the truth...those types of posters truly do motivate you, and not because of a chemical release, but because they speak the truth...

edit on 25-5-2012 by facelift because: change an 'a' to a 'u'

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

very interesting ..

i have a simular story,, in Reality.
i cleaned Carpets for Many years..
i went into a cardboard plant that makes boxes for,,, of All things,,
Domino's pizza---(for those outside of usa,, a Very large pizza Chain)

the woman greated me at the front , and i did the intro thing,,blahh blahh

and i noticed a very strong pizza Scent,, i quipped " ""
so you dont just make the boxes, you Eat the pizzas Too?"

and the secratary said "ohh NOO WE Never eat pizza here"

and i said "oh but i smelled pizza" almost embarrassed about my joke,,

and she told me their secret,,

"""you see we make ALL the boxes for the Entire USA, for Domino's pizza, and the thing you should not tell anyone [until today]
is that the smell,,, you get when a hot pizza is in one of OUR boxes,, is the SMELL of the BOX!!"

i freaked out a little..

scented cardboard--
so there you go..

next time you get a pizza... cook it at home

edit on 5/25/12 by darrman because: spellenglish

edit on 5/25/12 by darrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Haha I can believe that.. THing I'd not understand about it, I know they do it at bakeries, where they scent the air with cinnamon smells to entice buyers as they walk past, but what would the point be with a pizza box. By the time it's delivered, you've already bought it.

But it does explain why Dominos pizza taste like cardboard. lol

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
They want the smell to get in your brain. Then when the thought of pizza occurs, that kicks their name back into your mind. Plus the smell is positive reinforcement that the pizza is good when it is handed to you.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Was this down in the Jacksonville, FL area?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Think about the dust of 9/11, none of the firefighters for even the briefest second thought it would be dangerous to breath it in-without respirators! We live in a society surrounded by chemicals and we don't even realize it. The posters are just one example, another is pizza boxes which was a great story thanks! Carpets can contain chemicals, cleaning products are loaded with chemicals, how hard would it be to slip something in?

top topics

join