It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you experience(d) Oneness, please share the how to of it.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Would you mind explaining further what "being one with everything" feels like? I've stood on a few mountains and I've enjoyed the view, and yes I admired the beauty of earth while I was there, but I wouldn't describe it as a "oneness."

Out of curiosity..thank you.

I know you were not directing this question to me but I would like to answer.

You might think that experiencing oneness must make you feel powerfull.... And it is true you do feel power but not in the sence of manipulation....

Its like total power of peace, love, harmony. You feel that everything that is is as it should be. The good and the bad stuff, melts into single union of harmony.

You feel every element but it extends not to the present but combines present past and future to become one moment.

Its dificukt to describe in words of course, but thats my best attempt.

All the best,

Korg.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Korg Trinity because: To add 'not' before 'inthe sence of manipulation'

So it's merely an acceptance of some sort. What happens happens. I can see that as a fair outlook. It's just difficult when everyone keeps describing it as something abstract like a "unity" or "a single union of harmony"—beautiful words but nonetheless extremely ambiguous. I have trouble fathoming the concept. But I do see how important it is to accept "what happens will happen," because really what else can we do?

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Would you mind explaining further what "being one with everything" feels like? I've stood on a few mountains and I've enjoyed the view, and yes I admired the beauty of earth while I was there, but I wouldn't describe it as a "oneness." Out of curiosity..thank you.

For me its like my awareness drops down from my head, through the throat, down into Infinity where there no longer is a me as awareness. There is just Oneness. I am no longer there, there is no me, and everything is One thing. Instead of me walking through Oneness, its like me walking through myself. Or better yet, instead of me being in a body, the body is in me, and I am outside of it and yet nowhere to be found.

There is a smaller One with everything connected feeling that many people claim when in nature, or watching a movie, etc. But that still implies an I, that is lost in the object. What I am referring to, is that there is no I anywhere to be found, it sort of merges with reality without needing nature, a movie, or anything else to be wrapped up in.

I understand, but could you use less abstract terms as "my awareness" or "there is just Oneness." I have no clue what those feel like and that was what I was asking. What is "One thing." You give it a capital letter, what is it? I would rather hear something less poetic and ambiguous.

I'm not trying to be negative here. I just really can't understand what anyone here is talking about.
edit on 26-5-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The one thing is 'the seer and the seen'.
As you sit there right now looking at this screen, there is what is 'seen' (the pc monitor and peripheral vision) and there is what is 'seeing' the image. I know it seems like that is two things and that is where the duality originates, there is a mistake made when we separate this into 'me' and 'what is seen'.
Really there is just seeing but the human mind says 'I see'.
The observer (the seer) and the observed (the seen) are one process, one act of knowing. Nothing can appear to be seen without the seer being present.

Everything is made out of knowing.

This short video is beautiful, well worth 2 minutes of your time:
youtu.be...

Are you the seer or the seen?
youtu.be...
edit on 27-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by dominicus

If you get oneness then you wind up being an outcast or don't easily fit into society. Do you sure you really want that?

The reason people search for oneness is because they feel like an outcast, they feel separate. The realization of oneness is all inclusive, how can one be outcast if there is only one?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

sometimes the ones we seek oneness with aren't humans. Then we do not feel right around humans.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It is the mind that humans use that we don't get on with, but we understand them, have compassion for them - for they know not what they do.
The oneness is the realization of divinity, 'the humans' are divine but they believe the mind.

Really there are no humans, there is only what is appearing presently. When the mind is speaking there is no real way to communicte, it is walled, when the mind is strong it will not open to anything.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

sometimes the ones we seek oneness with aren't humans. Then we do not feel right around humans.

You cannot have oneness 'with'.
One is one without a second.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The one thing is 'the seer and the seen'.
As you sit there right now looking at this screen, there is what is 'seen' (the pc monitor and peripheral vision) and there is what is 'seeing' the image. I know it seems like that is two things and that is where the duality originates, there is a mistake made when we separate this into 'me' and 'what is seen'.
Really there is just seeing but the human mind says 'I see'.
The observer (the seer) and the observed (the seen) are one process, one act of knowing. Nothing can appear to be seen without the seer being present.

Everything is made out of knowing.

This short video is beautiful, well worth 2 minutes of your time:
youtu.be...

Are you the seer or the seen?
youtu.be...

Thx for the less poetic approach in explaining "oneness."

It seems impossible for others to explain it. They say they are "one" because they feel "oneness" or "unity" or some other very abstract poetic words. It's like a contest to see who can explain it more beautifully but without really explaining anything. If I was to try and explain "how I feel hunger" by saying things such as: "I feel hunger when when I get a sense of hunger or when I'm hungry, and then I realize I'm hungry and feeling hunger." What does this explain? It is either deception or ignorance.

I disagree that everything is merely the construct or trick of the mind. If my body was to die and cease existing, everything else would still exist. How do we know that? People die all of the time—millions of them every year. They too are "seers," but when they die, everything continues on unaffected by their non-existence.

Within our bodies, I can accept that there is "oneness" or "unity," or rather that I am one organism. But am I the only one to realize that outside the boundaries of my body is compete separation, difference and chaos?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
So the Dali Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "make me one with everything".

Then, he paid with a twenty, and after a minute or two, he asked for his change.

"Change must come from within," said the cashier.

This thread makes me feel like I need to take a shower. I hate that greasy kid stuff feeling that oozes off this topic when the masters start strutting about and congratulating themselves on how awesome and humble they each are.

blech

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Oneness is a communication with others of a kind. It gives inner peace. You become one with others and it doesn't have to be human. You can become one with nature or any part of nature or even with god, the ultimate communication. Maybe we are not on the same page?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Interesting. I see my post was deleted for being "off-topic." This is not true because awakening and ascension have EVERYTHING to do with oneness and achieving oneness. One approaches oneness by awakening and one achieves oneness by ascending.

I wonder if the problem is that I mentioned The Galactic Free Press. Oh, well. People will find it when they are ready for it. There's no stopping this ship now.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

For me it's more a desire of Oneness than a sense of Oneness. I think this is tied to our self-preservation instinct. Our DNA has engineered feelings and thoughts to manipulate us. We know that we will die and that we're not truly connected as one, but we WANT it to be true. Why? Because we want our lives to have special meaning. The idea that life is so much more than THIS...

Our DNA wants to reproduce itself. So it has manufactured a "dream" to keep us believing and reproducing and thus ensuring the future survival of DNA. DNA is like a small lifeform. We're its host.

Of course, reality is so much more mundane. We're not special. But we're so afraid of this being true that we take what DNA gives us like a baby takes its mothers milk. So gladly and accepting.

It's actually sad. No one chose to be here. We're like refugees blown by a DNA storm. We never had any hope of directing our fates. We're a vehicle and, like it or not, DNA will drive us.

I'll explain the feeling...

I got it when I was a christian and believed in Jesus Christ.

I've got it a few times in dreams.

I've got it while listening to trance/new-age/ambient music.

It's trippy. It's not logical. I'm well aware it's purely mental chemistry, just like love is.

Ever get a feeling of WOW? Well, that's very similar. It's so WOW, that there's nothing else.

It's just like a drug, except that you don't get hooked and it's not expensive.

All of your fears, hatred, love, passion, etc... they're meaningless when you have this feeling. You're simply so struck by it that nothing can be expressed, nor does it even matter to you. All of our labels and categories and different ways of separating things look so arbitrary and unimportant.

I hate to tell you, but it's not magical. It's brain chemistry, neurotransmitters, a whole mess of things producing a wild and wholesome fire that from the outside has the appearance of tragedy. Think of a man slobbering at the mouth and having muscle tremors and his eyes are so up in his head and he has utterly lost his mind and it's clear to see for everyone around him but inside his mind he's experiencing bliss of the highest order. THIS, my friends, is reality.
edit on 27-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join