It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s EEOC Targets Restaurant For Using Pretty Baristas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Breitbart Story
by William Bigelow

Obama’s EEOC Targets Restaurant For Using Pretty Baristas

It sounds like Raving Jealousy on the surface.

It could be "war".

Marylou's coffee chain is under "investigation" by the Federal EEOC.
(U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission)

It seems "investigators" are sniffing around looking hard for violations.

The only ones they can see however are the very pretty "Baristas" that work there !!

Marylou Sandry (the company owner) says they have never had a complaint.

The Obama Administration, which harps on its “War on Women” meme, has a war on women of its own: the EEOC is now investigating the coffee chain Marylou’s because the chain hires pretty young women dressed in pink to hawk its product. The investigators have been asking the female clerks about their co-workers’ gender, age, race and body type for over a year.

The company’s founder, Marylou Sandry wrote state Sen. John F. Keenan (D-Quincy): “We have never had a complaint against us for age discrimination or any kind of discrimination. We feel that the EEOC is on a witch hunt.” Keenan said he wouldn’t get involved, and EEOC officials would not comment.

Katherine J. Michon, a Boston lawyer who handles discrimination cases, said that the government is going after the coffee chain hard:

“It sounds like they’re trying to explore every possible protected category to see if there is a race-discrimination case, a sex-discrimination case or an age-discrimination case ... whether people are being chosen for the position because they’re white, young and female.”

The Raving jealousy ?

Marylou’s said the investigation was triggered by Marylou’s local TV ads, where pretty young baristas danced and sang Marylou’s bluesy jingle.

Related Boston Herald Story

EEOC Targeting ??

EEOC website

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

What morons rather sexist to go after straight hot women or hell they could be in the LGBT community whatever they don't have a problem with hooters.

This rates a 2 thumbs down on my worthless meter

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

This rates a 2 thumbs down on my worthless meter
+

make it 4.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
you know who else discriminates.

budweiser. they seem to only have sexy brazilian girls running around with super low cut jean shorts and no panties.

you can also include the LFL- the lingerie football league. they only recruit smoking women with juicy breasts.

the eeoc should jump off a cliff if beautiful women are a problem.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Cheeeeeeeeersss!!!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Happens a lot. One manager at one of the restaurants I used to work said (because the regional managers was coming in to look at the store) that the Regional Manager likes seeing pretty girls on the registers and in the dining room.
Even at my store it was like that.
Pretty girls and good looking guys on register and dining room. Everyone else behind the food line where you can hardly be seen.
It's business. (company is owned by j#s mind you)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
All modeling agencies, and magazines should be shut down, as well. How dare they only hire hot babes? It's discrimination!

And all TV should be sued! They only let beautiful people be on TV or in movies! Or in MTV videos! It's discrimination!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Someone complained. The EEOC doesn't typically investigate these things without one. Obviously they weren't inspired to on the basis of seeing a commercial. Just more knee-jerking blame Obama for the sun setting later in the evening than it did last month.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is why I no longer live in MA.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Obama appears to belong to a gay bathhouse in Chicago
betcha the attendants are all short fat and ugley and don't do meth

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Am I the only one who agrees with EEOC?

The excuse "people like to see pretty girls" can be used to justify discrimination in almost any job.

Would it be ok to only hire whites if you could prove the majority of your clients wanted to be waited on by white people?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
well I wonder what kind of prostitutes the EEOC visits
short fat and ugly ones just like the secret service does

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You don't get it do you? People who pour coffee aren't prostitutes. They aren't their to be used as sex objects or eye candy.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Marylou Sandry (the company owner) says they have never had a complaint.

au contrare
I know the subject matter very well...first hand
as a long time bar man ( in the exotic entertainment industry too at times), I have had to supervise whomever my employers have hired to do the job.
Regardless of looks or fitness for the job.

this appears to be a vendetta probably instigated by the competition, or a jaded official possibly due to bribes not being paid
sexism is likely just a convenient excuse
edit on 28-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

this is about pushing the communist agenda
did you not know Gloria Steinem was a CIA stooge fulfilling the destroy the family plank of the communist agenda?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Am I the only one who agrees with EEOC?

The excuse "people like to see pretty girls" can be used to justify discrimination in almost any job.

Would it be ok to only hire whites if you could prove the majority of your clients wanted to be waited on by white people?

So,

which form of Marxism would fit the perfect situation then ?

Or would it be better to simply "outlaw" all businesses that have special themes ?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about this? This all seems way too familiar.

new topics

top topics

join