It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seized from smugglers, the leather-bound 'gospel' which Iran claims will bring down Christianity a

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Seized from smugglers, the leather-bound 'gospel' which Iran claims will bring down Christianity and shake world politics

www.dailymail.co.uk

> The text, written on animal hide, is thought to be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus's disciples
> 'Laughable' Iranian report claims the book states that Jesus was never crucified and He predicted the coming of the Prophet Muhammad
> It was discovered by Turkish authorities in 2000 during an anti-smuggling operation
> The Vatican has made an official request to view the text

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: For some reason I cannot link the Daily Mail

edit on 25-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
On the face of it this could be a hoax. However, Muslims are forbidden to disrespect Christianity especially Jesus. I also think the Vatican knows this and so has made a formal request to examine the document.

If true, I don't think it would be a disaster for Christians. I think it may be the start of something great for humanity - peace.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
One can always hope, right? Anyway, religious texts of the old variety are always interesting, because they can bring more than just religious knowledge to the world. They can also bring historical information and stuff like that. I wish I could get to read the thing, but unfortunately, I doubt they wrote it in English. Oh well. Nice find!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
One can always hope, right? Anyway, religious texts of the old variety are always interesting, because they can bring more than just religious knowledge to the world. They can also bring historical information and stuff like that. I wish I could get to read the thing, but unfortunately, I doubt they wrote it in English. Oh well. Nice find!

I hope some good comes from it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
if The Vatican got there hands onit im sure it would be accidentally burned before we the sheep could read it....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Allow me to give this thread it's first flag. You have to be very careful when reading religious works that were written by men WHO DID NOT PERSONALLY KNOW JESUS. But since the supposed author of this text did know Jesus, I would put much stock in his writings if they are proved authentic.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
if The Vatican got there hands onit im sure it would be accidentally burned before we the sheep could read it....

I think the Iranians would only give them a scan.

I would not allow one of their priests within a mile of the book.

Also if there is any veracity to this story, Israel would probably drop a nuke on the book to prevent peace breaking out between Muslims and Christians.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Try this link

Then again I hear the dailymail isn't really respectable in comparison to other news outlets. Do I care? Not really, this sounds like a juicy story.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath

On the face of it this could be a hoax. However, Muslims are forbidden to disrespect Christianity especially Jesus. I also think the Vatican knows this and so has made a formal request to examine the document.

If true, I don't think it would be a disaster for Christians. I think it may be the start of something great for humanity - peace.

Well they could always "examine" it, then say it's fake.

I don't think it'd probably effect Christians significantly whether they found out if it was real or not, they think it's real now but most might show a Christian trait once every couple of months, like if someone dies.

I don't think anything significant would happen as far as peace either. People would just look at other prejudices they have to keep it going. In 2000 when Alabama I think it was, was changing the wording to their constitution to allow blacks and whites to marry, something like 40% voted against it.

I thought something like this was also found near there and was being looked at, wonder what happened to it.
edit on 5/25/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

Considering that Jesus never existed, of course it's a hoax!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Even if it's true, it doesn't make Jesus any less of an historical, transformative teacher. It just means his story was manipulated and co-opted for the benefit of an elite few. So what else is new?

Interesting nonetheless. It will be fascinating to see how this unfolds, if it's real or a hoax.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Why cant we all live in peace. Do we really need a book to decide if we do or dont? I am tired of seeing humanity kill itself time and time again over nothing. It is playground mentality. My Daddy is better than your Daddy. My religon is the One and yours is not. It does peeve me that we are all one Human Family but yet we divide ourselves over faith. How about a new concept.

Have Faith In Peace And Not War!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Intriguing claim by a theocracy. ( pardon me for the
)

Nothing serious can be said other than, put up or shut up. Show it to the world, or don't and be the worlds second Vatican. See who cares.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i will say i am very interested to see what comes of this. if it's true, you would think that there would be many more books already found that say this....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Even if it's another "lost gospel," it's hardly the first to have greatly varied views of events from the four Gospels in the Christian Bible. For believers, it won't be taken as any more valid than the Gospel of Thomas or the Gospel of Judas is now. It may well be interesting to biblical and religious scholars for the time period it is from, assuming that it's even a valid document from the period it's purported to be from. But that doesn't mean it's going to change many minds on their faith, no more than other lost gospels have.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Just like the herbal cure for AIDS, right? Seriously, I do not trust anything that comes out of Iran...especially something that is aimed at a competing religion and makes their religion "appear" to be the true religion.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There is a concerted effort going on these days to discredit christianity.
Actually, I take that back. There is a concerted effort to discredit Christ, His divinity, His words, His claims.
'Christianity' will exist long after the foundation (ie Jesus) has been removed from it.
Once you remove 'Christ', you have nothing more than a suffix that will appropriate and prop up whatever multi faith conglomerate is required to unite all religious beliefs into believing something that is as non descript and intangible as the NWO religion department requires of humanity.
Much will stand or fall on the person of Jesus.
NWO, here we come!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Even if it's true, it doesn't make Jesus any less of an historical, transformative teacher. It just means his story was manipulated and co-opted for the benefit of an elite few. So what else is new?

Interesting nonetheless. It will be fascinating to see how this unfolds, if it's real or a hoax.

I could i say the same thing about the other religions?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake

Just like the herbal cure for AIDS, right? Seriously, I do not trust anything that comes out of Iran...especially something that is aimed at a competing religion and makes their religion "appear" to be the true religion.

I agree with you on that, i am still waiting for that copy cat Drone of theres

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just LOL.
This new book is as valid as the accepted books of the bible and the koran, and any other "holy" writing.
They were all made to enslave a people, and they all worked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join