It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Force A Rapist To Become Female?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I don't think a sex change would accomplish anything, to be honest.

False allegations of rape are made all the time. And consensual intercourse with a teen can land you in prison for statutory.

It would be nice to think a convicted rapist could receive the counseling needed to turn his or her life around. But there are numerous studies that indicate sexual predators have a high rate of recidivism. They will do it again.

So the issue is not just punishment or therapy, but how to protect future victims if the rapist goes free.

Since rape is usually more than sex, usually anger and domination, then castration would make little difference.

I don't know the answer here. It's a tough call. I think it's probably more appropriate to give convicted rapists life without parole.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I'm suggesting this in jest, but what if we were to round up all the rapists/child molesters, and put them in an electrified gate? If they want to rape and dominate, let them rape and dominate their own. Leave the innocents out of it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
reply to post by smyleegrl

I'm suggesting this in jest, but what if we were to round up all the rapists/child molesters, and put them in an electrified gate? If they want to rape and dominate, let them rape and dominate their own. Leave the innocents out of it.

I thought they already did this and called it prison. I've heard, but don't know if it's true, that sexual predators are often assaulted in a like manner while in prison.

But I like your idea...

<< 1   >>

join