It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: 6.2 Earthquake Hits Off Norway Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Is it just me as I don't recall many big quakes near Norway

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
6.5 and a 6.2 is what RSOE is reporting. i have no idea how frequent they are there though. hope people are ok.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

it was out to sea so i guess the only concern may be a small tsunami possibly, but nothings been issued as yet.
edit on 24-5-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There was the 6.1 magnitude quake January 29, 2011 and the 6.0-magnitude earthquake on April 14, 2004 so they are fairly common in that area.

Of course there could be some conspiracy see if they follow up with anything like this.

It’s a strange but interesting "coincident" that on July 21st, the night before the attacks in Oslo and Utoya, there was a 3.78 magnitude earthquake reported in the Hedmark area. This also happens to be the location where Anders Behring Breivik moved in late June or early July 2011. Breivik located to the small rural town of Rena in Åmot, Hedmark county, about 140 km (86 miles) northeast of Oslo. This tidbit was brought to our attention by Richard C. Heaogland who will be with us on Red Ice Radio to discuss this further and other details further.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There usually isn't many quakes there. I guess there are some in the area before volcanoes erupt though.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Breaking News: A hardly noteworthy earthquake in a random part of the world.

Get to the bunkers!

Yawn.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy

Get to the bunkers!

Yawn.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
looks like a tsunami warning went up for the norwegian sea.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Get to the bunkers!

Yawn.

Hey, at least it's not a 3.8 earthquake like some feel compelled to post on here.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just for reference, OP, there is an earthquake thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
For references:
List for +3 mag EQ in that region.
Circle Center Point Latitude: 72.936N Longitude: 5.434E
Radius: 500.000 km

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Nothing to see or worry about here, lets move along...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Now this might be on to something, first I thought it was just one 6 mag and nothing out of the norm
Now another 5.0 aftershock, or maybe a forshock earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It has been stated in Christianity and Islam that closer to the end times the frequency of earthquakes will increase. This might just be the beginning.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

Is the southern island of New Zealand opposite of the Norwegian Sea, and is this a coincidence about the strange sounds occurring in Scotland?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

The South Island of NZ is on the opposite location on the planet yes but not near. Am not sure what you mean lol. Its close to Antarctica.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Get to the bunkers!

Yawn.

Breaking News: A hardly note worthy comment, from a random part of the world.

Komme til bunkers!

Munch, munch, num, num, munch.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Get to the bunkers!

Yawn.
typical american idiot,everything outside america is random.get a real education and stop the singing and dancing in school.for the likes of myself this is our next door neighbours,this site is international incase you havent noticed.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They state a lot of things, doesn't mean they are right. And even if they are right, it doesn't mean they are divine, it just means they knew more than the rest of us. After all, the elite have always been way ahead of the sheeple, they have had access to all manner of scientific knowledge, which they used to their advantage to pose as gods and validate their political systems based on superstition and keeping people ignorant.

We do not have details of earthquake records going back far enough to know whether these are a part of a cycle or not. Also, maybe they could be caused by the sucking up of the oil, I still say that oil had a natural purpose, as everything does, and that extracting it all and replacing it with water is just going to cause some serious geological problems, which we could be experiencing the beginning of now.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
so now there's been THREE earthquakes there? any new info today? i don't know enough about quakes. not sure if this might be leading up to a bigger quake or if the second 2 were aftershocks. i would imagine 3 quakes in a row would cause quite a bumpy boat ride today.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Thank you Glen for dressing down those who shouldn't be allowed by a keyboard without first knowing their way around the world map.

I hope no ones' hurt by either the EQ or the (possible) tsunamis - the emotional and mental anguish is bad enough.

peace and prayers to Norway

new topics

top topics

join