It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox To Be Banned In The U.S.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
With sales already being banned in Germany over a lawsuit between Motorola and Microsoft, could this ban wave spread across the pond?

Check the link and video featured in this article for details

IGN Article

And so I ponder:

- Will big business prevail?

- Will it come down to Obama's ruling?

- What would happen to the LIVE service?

- With the Xbox 720 on the horizon does it even matter?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Microsoft is a US company, i doubt it would get banned.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The xbox would never be made illegal to use, haha
Not only would that be political suicide for whoever even mentions it,
You'd have to deal with several million angry kids on the streets =P.

Just get a PC, it owns more

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think that if the White House does have to rule on this, that they will side with Microsoft, if only because gamers make up a much larger percentage of the populace that people who care about whether Motorola's intellectual rights get infringed upon. That is how I think they will look at it, with the election being just around the corner. Why is this just happening now though? The Xbox has been out for quite some time, so surely if MS were using Motorola's intellectual property and ideas, this would have happened upon the release of the console.

Unless MS just started using this technology. Or the courts are just that slow, lol, which wouldn't surprise me. Kevin Mitnick sat in jail for what, 7 years or so before he even got a trial...Ya, justice is swift, lol.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
chalk up YET ANOTHER victory PS3 has over crapbox

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I highly doubt this will happen since Microsoft is a US company, that's cutting yourself in your own hands.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Razziazoid

Thought this was about patents? Are you saying
that patents don't apply to US companies, when
not in their favour?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allis1
With sales already being banned in Germany over a lawsuit between Motorola and Microsoft, could this ban wave spread across the pond?

Sales are not banned. Amazon and other retailers are still allowed to sell Xbox 360 and Windows 7 and they also are allowed to import those from other countries to be sold here. In fact, even Microsoft Germany is still allowed to say,import Windows 7 from Microsoft Austria to be sold here. There's no real sale ban and there never will be.

Originally posted by Gwampo

My how grown up you are

I own both systems and when it comes to games, the Xbox 360 is clearly better. Games like Bayonetta run like # on the PS3 with heavy slowdowns. Other games like NHL 12 crash and freeze all the time for no apparent reasons. You never get that on the Xbox, i guess because instead of using something that works, Sony once again decided to use a self developed API that gives every developing team a big headache.
After the awesome Playstation 2, the PS3 can only be described as a big dissapointment and a failure. There's a reason it's still only the Nr. 3 console of that generation in terms of sales and those are nowhere close to the 155 million units the PS2 sold

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

And that's why I love ATS
real insight from the people on the streets, bypassing the media filter, thanks for your insight

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't think the xbox will get banned, if it does i wouldn't care.
got very bored of online play so dont use xbox live anymore

Originally posted by Gwampo

i own both, you're entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Funny how the fanboys are the have-nots...
2nd

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
They better not. That will be the first shot fired in the revolution. Kids will band together and the elites will be pummled by preteens and bored adults who are obsessed with Halo on Xbox.
My 13 yr old might be the one to start the revolution. The worst punishment I give her is no online play with her buddies from previous places we've lived.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i've been following this story with quite some interest (as an xbl member). it does make me wonder how much power microsoft dosen't have, money yes, power? well i thought they would be powerful enough to stop a ban in germany.

EDIT: here is the article about the ban in germany
uk.xbox360.ign.com...
edit on 2/6/2012 by josephamccoy because: add link

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Lol, that is because Xbox is made in China. I doubt they would be able to ban it in US as it is a US company that distributes the product.

new topics

top topics

join