It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illusion of Choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is something we've talked about on ATS Live! before, but bears some close scrutiny.

Take a look at this wonderful graphic...

T he Illusion of Choice

If asked, I wonder if the average person would be aware that most things they see on TV are provided by only 6 companies?

Or that Newscorp holds the reigns as far as the press goes in having the top selling newspapers on 3 continents?

Almost everything you see, hear and read in the media is monopolised.

It does make you wonder - who's news are we reading/watching/hearing about, exactly?

And...given the above, and the power of the lobbyist in US politics - is it any wonder people want to regulate the internet?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

when i see something on the news, or the government tells me something, i make it a point in my mind to absolutely not believe it.

edit: i think almost everything they say is a lie.
edit on 23-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

i believe nothing thats not fact checked by myself...it costs tonns of times and is sometimes impossible but if you know history, sociology and psychology, you know why it is what it is...and you know its wrong...

like william milton cooper said: "do your research!"
edit on 23-5-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Used to be all you could believe were the photos, not the lies that went along with them. Photos were a way for actual journalists to break scandals and other stories of govt malfeasance. But, since now any photo or video could be totally fake and you can't tell, well, they are scared to death of youtube.

Anything you see on TV could be a total lie, and I assume it all is. You can't believe anything unless you saw it with your own eyes. The only way you can believe a video is if you see many different videos of the same incident from different angles. Then you can cautiously assume it is real. Anything provided by the MSM is definitely BS and all part of your brainwashing.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hiya Nef

Yeah, choice is an illusion sold to us by only a few multi-nationals that appear to own damn near everything. If we follow that line of thinking, there's no choice at all.

What if the limitations of choice are also an illusion?

Every generation has an underground of music, books, magazines and websites. The people who focus on the non-mainstream, counter-culture areas have the freedom to do so.

If we look at history, it's usually the mavericks and non-conformists who are the engines of change.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think a lot of people dont realize that TV programs only exist as an attraction to get you to watch adverts. TV is an advertising vehicle.

new topics

top topics

join