It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices in your head.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Swamper

Punishment for misdeeds?

it is important to know, what these voices say. are they evil, wicked, good, tempting ?

edit on 23-5-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Agree. What do they say? It has different implications, depending one what you hear and the manner in which you hear these thoughts/possible voices.

I am bipolar and have mania, it certainly sends the thoughts racing a million miles an hour, and yes, it can feel very uncomfortable when it peaks. When that "peaky" feeling comes, your mind is dragged from on thing to another with little skips and jumps, not in a playful way, but in a broken up, jagged way, and it isn't a good feeling, although it usually feels pretty good on the manic way up the hill, leading up to the "peak".

However, during no time do the thoughts that occur during my manic cycles affirm anything negative or foreign to my own thoughts. Usually, I just feel very empathetic (which I have learned is probably mostly in my imaginations) to how others are feeling. I tend to be very productive, and need less sleep. When I was younger and more hormonal, I acted out sexually. The discomfort comes from realizing there are gaps in my awareness of what has been going on while my mind keeps focusing on my racing thoughts and skipping over other stuff.

If, on the other hand, you are hearing critical voices that are telling you that you are no good, or worse, this is a possible sign of schizophrenia. You should get evaluated. Many ATS members will say it is demons, and I am not convinced that schizophrenia and hearing demons are two different things. Perhaps shizophrenics are so open they hear demons, where the rest of us do not. Or maybe, the hearing, by some people, of such mean voices has led to the belief in demons, by others. Chicken or egg, who knows? All I know for sure is that if what you are hearing is negative, then that isn't healthy and you could probably use some loving support. Let us know, as there are many here who can help point you to some assistance.

Anyway, my two cents...

ETA: There is one situation where I have heard a voice that was external to my own thoughts, that I should mention. I have heard my name spoken to me, by a male voice, loudly, right behind me. I have attributed this to other things - it has only happened a few times, does not appear to be related to my manic periods, and is not negative.
edit on 23-0520125-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Thought of a situation I should mention.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

There is one situation where I have heard a voice that was external to my own thoughts, that I should mention. I have heard my name spoken to me, by a male voice, loudly, right behind me.

was it like in your head or a real (maybe disembodied voice) that others could have heard, too, if they would have been in the same room ?

edit on 24-5-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
There's a difference in the "inner dialogue" that occurs daily. Inner dialogue is simply you talking to yourself: "What will I fix for lunch? That man is going to get run over. I hope she says yes" etc.

Hearing voices is an entirely different phenomena. Most people who report hearing voices actually hear an audible sound. To them, it sounds as if someone spoke their name or gave them a command in the room they are in.

well said... my inner dialogue is my own mind & conscience winding it's way through all the various factors to come to a starting point of action/response.

the 'voices' i hear are different... a voice might say something that has nothing to do with any thought/event/situation that is pertinent to my wishes, desires, tasks, even daydreams or even along the lines of my long range pursuits...
for example: A voice told me that i was to go live in the desert SW, that i had a purpose/mission/quest to witness....so i thought that Las Vegas was the place to go, but when i arrived there the building industry was locked down and there was a list of 600+ locals on the Union waiting list to build the Pyramid and the Circus (around 1990)... so i went down to Phoenix, had a apartment in 3 hours and had a night shift job starting at 7PM that night....I stayed until i witnessed the 5 young Arab men at the flight school in the Scottsdale Airport in 1995 which i reported to the Phoenix office of the FBI

i left phoenix 2 years later, but had the brain surgery necessary and only available at Phoenix
Bret Michaels had the same brain hemorrhage as i did, also treated at Phoenix

Phoenix Hospital To Name Room After Poison Singer
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../phoenix-hospital-to-name-_0_n_10301...
Oct 24, 2011 – The Poison frontman plans to announce Thursday that he is donating ... ones, thanks to a donation from 1980s hair band singer Bret Michaels.

see, i listened to the 'voice'--- did my mission, then got rewarded in 1997 for completing my task in 1995 all of which began in 1990...

a 7 year Quest that i had no idea of what it was or how long it would be, but it seems that everything fell in place for me to be at that Flight School concourse in Scottsdale AZ on a 11:30 AM appointment in May '95
edit on 24-5-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

i listened to the 'voice'--- did my mission, then got rewarded

wow, what a story. but there are examples of bad voices, too. you should always check with your common sense, if it would be the right thing to do.
btw, what was the reward ?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Last year i heard music when i was trying to sleep , happened a couple of times..... it sounded like a string instrument , like someone running their fingers across a harp .
Then a few months later i was lying down after a pretty stressful day and i heard a deep voice clearly say - "I sense confusion" ........ i couldnt sleep for hours i was too creeped out by it .

I always feel funny at a certain time of day too , dizzy , tired , ringing in ears , its like 5:00pm to 7:00pm every day .... the past couple of months i`ve had this weird gastric thing , and i get a weird electrical sound in the back of my head/neck.

Something`s going down , i just know it , i might sound stupid but give it time they`ll get caught out soon enough, they always do.

Anyone else getting that weird constant ring in their ears 24/7 ? its not loud enough to bug you if your not focused on it , but its there ......... listen.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I worked with schizophrenics for the last 8yrs - I seriously think some are experiencing ghost/demons.
Some others are so warped and damaged that they have to be heavily medicated. Then the rest brought it on by heavy substance abuse.

Even with my work experience I had a complicated medical situation lead to psychosis and I heard some weird stuff.
It was like tuning a radio station but I swear I'm not joking......they all sounded stoned outta their gourds. Even laughing the stoner laugh and making bizarre references with connected meanings. Like I heard - "white rabbit " some laughing I'll catch that wascally wabbit (sounded like Elmer Fudd) then Trix ...Trix are for kids...then laughing.
It was so odd because I knew the thoughts weren't mine and I felt compelled to repeat some of them out loud. Then I stopped cuz people would think I was talking to myself.

No I do not experience this anymore. Few people know this but google infection with psychosis and it is common yes you can go crazy with an infection. 80% of the time when I worked with mental health patients when their symptoms flared they usually had urinary tract or bladder infection but other infections can do it too.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swamper

The thing about crazy people... is they dont think their crazy.

So your on the right track always assuming your one bananna short of a bunch.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

There is one situation where I have heard a voice that was external to my own thoughts, that I should mention. I have heard my name spoken to me, by a male voice, loudly, right behind me.

was it like in your head or a real (maybe disembodied voice) that others could have heard, too, if they would have been in the same room ?

edit on 24-5-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Have you ever had a hearing test where they put the instrument against the back of your head, behind your ear, and then play sounds through it at different frequencies, and you raise your hand when you hear the sounds? You are hearing the sound through the skull instead of through the ear. It was just like that. I don't think anyone in the room with me would have heard anything.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Frankly most initial thoughts that pop into your head aren't necessarily what you are, for everyone. It's like trying to teach guys that just because you noticed that a chick was pretty, it doesn't mean you have to dwell on that fact, or turn it into a mental striptease. People choose the latter--the first is a natural reaction to outside stimuli.

So I've never worried when people's outside stimuli was "unnatural".

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swamper

Your issues that you posted are more what people tend to label schizophrenia.
1. NOT saying you have that.
2. NOT saying you're crazy if you do.

I would go see a trained psychologist asap., if I were you, just for my own sanity.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Swamper

Aren't I lucky to read the title of your post and think, now there is a subject I know all about?

Should anyone happen to hear them be very suspect and good luck.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper
I think i'm crazy.

You're sane enough to realize that something is off. That's good.
If you're hearing voices, go and talk to a GOOD clinical psychologist (who, unlike psychiatrists, cannot and will not put you on drugs). Find the best you can. It's not easy but it's worth it.
IIn time, those voices CAN convince people they are more real and relevant than anything else.
That's when the real troubles start.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper
Right so it in your head but coming through your ear?

If can be hard to differentiate. Plug your ears and see if you still hear them.
Not my favorite memory, but then my whole life is one crash and burn after another so I don't look back much.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Swamper

before u do anything make sure this wasn't triggered by substance abuse
a clinical psychologist can't prescribe medication but they can put you in a mental hospital and you may want to make sure there isn't anything that will come up when they draw your blood that's the first thing they look for ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join