It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the mysteries sun worship?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Correct and in the book of Enoch we are told what the sons of god in general thought about breeding with the more animalistic adamic race, the daughters of man (adam)

"they have defiled themselves with the daughters of man"

edit on 23-5-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

Correct me if I am wrong but this is alluded to in Genesis as well. Many people gloss over the fact that even in the "Authorized" Kink James Version it goes "Let us create man in our own image..."

I believe in the early Jewish texts 'us' was 'Elohim'.

Christians generally interpret the plural form as being trinitarian, "us" being Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

All cains descendents were tall (giants) and this is the mark god put on him which would protect him.

have you got a source for this ? because i heard, god put a sign on cain, so that no human would punish cain for killing his brother. god didn't make a giant out of cain, imo.

In Christianity and Judaism, the curse of Cain and the mark of Cain refer to the passages in the Biblical Book of Genesis where God declared that Cain, the firstborn son of Adam and Eve, was cursed for murdering his brother, and placed a mark upon him to warn others that killing Cain would provoke the vengeance of God. An alternative interpretation of the text sees the "mark" rather as a sign, one which would not have actually been a physical marking of Cain, himself. Though the text of the King James Version reads, "...set a mark upon Cain...", the New American Standard reads, "... appointed a sign for Cain ..."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
reply to post by protocolsoflove

The sun is the source of physical life on earth, and therefore in the ancient mysteries, symbolized the Divine. That's a pretty easy concept to grasp. This is why Christians worship on "Sunday", celebrate Christmas at the winter solsctice, and the resurrection at the spring equinox.

Traditional christianity worships god on "sunday", celebrate Christmas at the winter solstice, and the resurrection at the spring equinox because the ancient mysteries (created by Satan) did so, and Satan has decieved the whole world into its lies.

WWJD?

Christians today = Sunday worship
Jesus = Saturday worship

Christians today = Christmas (sun god)/Easter (the pagan fertility goddes easter/Asteroth)
Jesus = God's Holy Days.

Christians today = Commandment nailed to the stake (not cross)
Jesus = kept my fathers commandments

Satan hijacked God's truth a long time ago by design in this age.

God Bless,

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by emsed1

Correct me if I am wrong but this is alluded to in Genesis as well. Many people gloss over the fact that even in the "Authorized" Kink James Version it goes "Let us create man in our own image..."

I believe in the early Jewish texts 'us' was 'Elohim'.

Christians generally interpret the plural form as being trinitarian, "us" being Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

Elohim is the name of the God family, it was spoken in that manner in scripture to picture the future manifestation of His family with Jesus Christ the first of the firstfruits, and all other people in God's time joining christ as brother in the family of God.

Elohim is most akin to a last name. Yahwey Elohim is God, Jesus Christ Elohim is his son's name, and in time all mankind will become Elohim, or cease to exist as a result of the informed decision to refuse to live God's way of life into eternity.

God Bless,

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks for your pleasant responses gentlemen. Enochian angels and aliens and giants and stuff. So aliens came to earth (they flew through space right because they're interdimensional probably) and banged the hot Atlanteans. Apparently Cain an Abel were symbols for the first two races of the Earth...THE HUMANS AND THE GIANT ALIENS IN ATLANTIS! Does this mean that Atlantis was the first civilization because I'm pretty sure Genesis goes back much further. Edgar Cayce said that Atlantis was the fourth age of man.

Also thank you for enlightening me about Lucifer. I don't know how I've gone this long not knowing that he's actually a God of knowledge. I'm glad he's not the devil or satan...I've always secretly thought this was true.

OH WAIT WHAT AM I SAYING...AS ALWAYS THE BIBLE PROVIDES SOME PRETTY COOL IDEAS.

Hint...while builders argue about ancient aliens, the puppetmasters that you tithe to focus on merely material affairs. Bill Cooper claimed that when you get to a certain point, call it "inner" or whatever, you find out that it's all bull# to keep people distracted and you learn the ancient secrets of manipulation of man.

**Ducks for cover** haha

"And beware lest you lift up your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, you be drawn away and worship them and serve them, things which the LORD your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven." Deuteronomy 4:19

"If there is found among you, within any of your towns which the LORD your God gives you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, in transgressing his covenant, and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden..." Deuteronomy 17:2-3

"And he deposed the idolatrous priests whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places at the cities of Judah and round about Jerusalem; those also who burned incense to Ba'al, to the sun, and the moon, and the constellations, and all the host of the heavens." 2 Kings 23:5

I tried to find a quote about atlanteans giving birth to giants in the Bible but I can't.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

There is no reference in the bible of what exactly the mark of Cain is but I believe it was physical height. Your not going to pick a fight with someone who is physically bigger then you, not unless you want to get your ass kicked.

All Hams descendent were giants too and many believe this was because hams wife was a descendent of Cain.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Lucifer and Satan refer to two completely different Deities.

Lucifer is the light bringer, and is represented by Venus when it is the morning star.
That Jesus and Lucifer are one and the same should be obvious to anyone.

Satan is the teacher and judge, and is represented by the moon.

The story of Cain and Abel is a re-telling of the story of Emesh and Enten, except that in the original Sumerian story, no one kills anyone.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

That Jesus and Lucifer are one and the same should be obvious to anyone.

it isn't. could you give more insight, please ?

Satan is the teacher and judge, and is represented by the moon.

do you believe satan is the lord of this material world ? and is the spiritual realm ruled by the most high ? and who exactly is the most high ?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Did these Elohim have much to do with the planetary intelligences and spirits?

This all reminds me of the Mountains of Madness, he even works in the old Mayan belief of the last civilization of beings having been crafted from wood. If one is inclined to find some 'inspiration' in the man's work then sun worship would fit right in.

This would also have implications on the legends of the green man.

en.wikipedia.org...

A Green Man is a sculpture, drawing, or other representation of a face surrounded by or made from leaves. Branches or vines may sprout from the nose, mouth, nostrils or other parts of the face and these shoots may bear flowers or fruit. Commonly used as a decorative architectural ornament, Green Men are frequently found on carvings in churches and other buildings (both secular and ecclesiastical). "The Green Man" is also a popular name for English public houses and various interpretations of the name appear on inn signs, which sometimes show a full figure rather than just the head.

The Green Man motif has many variations. Found in many cultures around the world, the Green Man is often related to natural vegetative deities springing up in different cultures throughout the ages. Primarily it is interpreted as a symbol of rebirth, or "renaissance," representing the cycle of growth each spring. Some[1] [2] speculate that the mythology of the Green Man developed independently in the traditions of separate ancient cultures and evolved into the wide variety of examples found throughout history.

It even factors in Osiris who was often depicted as green.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
Thanks for your pleasant responses gentlemen. Enochian angels and aliens and giants and stuff. So aliens came to earth (they flew through space right because they're interdimensional probably) and banged the hot Atlanteans. Apparently Cain an Abel were symbols for the first two races of the Earth...THE HUMANS AND THE GIANT ALIENS IN ATLANTIS! .....I tried to find a quote about atlanteans giving birth to giants in the Bible but I can't.

And the irony is that that's one of the more tame stories on ATS. You can find some real humdingers around here.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by icepack

There is no reference in the bible of what exactly the mark of Cain is but I believe it was physical height. Your not going to pick a fight with someone who is physically bigger then you, not unless you want to get your ass kicked.

All Hams descendent were giants too and many believe this was because hams wife was a descendent of Cain.

Or...as is more likely the case....the whole story is bronze age mythology.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I can expand on it yes.

Helel Ben Schachar:
הילל בן שחר
Isaiah 14:12

Translated, it refers to the Shining One, son of the dawn. This was used for Venus, when it appeared as the morning star.

"How you have fallen from heaven,
O Shining One, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations"

Helel was indeed used to signify the morning star, so Jerome's translation of Helel to Lucifer was correct in the versio vulgate.

There is only ONE light bringer and morning star referred to in the scriptures. The fact that he did fall to earth is attested to, and in doing this he went against and rebelled.

2 Peter 1:19 :

"And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts."

Revelation 22:16

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

This is Lucifer. This is Yehoshua.

One must take religion in this area right back to its polytheistic roots in order to understand deeply.

Satan is another Deity entirely. And Satan is the god I worship.

edit on 23-5-2012 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The morning star could also be the Sun, which actually brings the morning.
Satan is called that old serpent, which could be tied to the ouroboros (the milky way).
I have also come across Satan being tied to Saturn the lord of the rings/Saturnia/Juno (Hera).

You seem willing to share your thoughts and I am quite interested in your perspective.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

There is only ONE light bringer and morning star referred to in the scriptures. The fact that he did fall to earth is attested to, and in doing this he went against and rebelled.

are you saying that lucifer fell and then rebelled ? i understood it the other way around, lucifer rebelled and then fell.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

There are many pagan religions that worshiped the sun, yes.

In fact, May Day worships the day the sun begins to shine longer every day.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Both Jesus and Lucifer have been identified in the Bible as the "morning star". Care to backtrack on that one?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Yes, I agree with you - it is also the sun. In fact, I do believe that Lucifer/Yehoshua is represented by both Venus when it is the morning star, and by the sun. I also believe that Satan is represented by both the moon and by Mercury. Different aspects, is the best way I can think of putting it.

Satan - Ouroboros - yes

Time, containing all within it, like a womb.
As the teacher, the judge, and the balance.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Yes, both are true.
If we are looking at time as exoteric, from past to future, then He fell because He rebelled.
If we are looking at time as esoteric, from future to past, He rebelled because He fell.

But, the idea remains the same with both views - He fell to earth - He came as Yehoshua - to bring His light.
This was the rebellion.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Both Jesus and Lucifer have been identified in the Bible as the "morning star". Care to backtrack on that one?

No back-tracking necessary, as you have answered your own point for me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join