It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Big Failures of President Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Let me first say Obama has been the worst U.S. President.

So this thread is listing only his top 6 failures.

No particular order
  1. Under President Obama's mismanagement of the economy, the United States Government's credit rating has, for the first time in its history, been downgraded from AAA to AA+,
  2. Obama passed an expensive health care bill in 2009 with no bipartisan support and 34 Democrats dissenting.
  3. Fatalities in Afghanistan have more than doubled under Obama's leadership then in the preceding eight years combined.
  4. Against his own Defense Secretary's advice, Obama attacked Libya - a possible violation of the War Powers Act.
  5. Obama mishandled the Gulf oil spill resulting in it becoming the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history.
  6. President Obama signed into U.S. law the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), only after his administration successfully lobbied to remove language from the bill that would have protected American citizens from being detained indefinitely without trial.

Note: I can continue to list more than 100 additional failures.
edit on 5/22/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: fix typos

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I could not agree more. He is horrible and definitely the worst President in U.S. history.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thread title should be changed to

"6 Big Failures of President Obama, I can continue to list more than 100 additional failures"

Thanks for the info Gangsta

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you ignore Bush and every stupid thing he did...then yes... Obama is the worst president ever.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
Note: I can continue to list more than 100 additional failures.[

I agree with your assesment of our current POTUS, but I have seen multiple threads recently where people list 4-5 items and then add "I can easily add 100 more" and so far, I haven't seen many, if any, people call this bluff.

Please continue to list these other 100 failures. I am interested in reading them, hell, it might even help people who are ignorant. (myself included)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Haha! You reversed the thread!!
I like yours better...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Are they really failures if they were part of the plan all along? One could argue that they are his and the establishments big successes, considering I believe they want to completely dismantle the constitution and bring America to it's knees.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
If you ignore Bush and every stupid thing he did...then yes... Obama is the worst president ever.

I have no love for President Bush, either. We can start by asking him these questions. (From George W. Bush's Growth Strategy)

1. Why did you ignore the CIA’s warnings in the summer of 2001 that al-Qaeda could strike “imminently”?
  2. Why did you pledge in the 2000 election debates that you were against nation building, and then embark on not one but two nation-building programs in Iraq and Afghanistan?
  3. You increased the Federal debt by 86%; to what extent do you accept the blame for America’s debt troubles?
  4. You reappointed Alan Greenspan as the Fed Chairman; to what extent do you accept that his easy money policies caused the bubble that burst in 2008?
  5. Were the 2008 bailouts of well-connected banks and financial corporations engineered by your administration compatible with a supposedly “free-market” “capitalist” system? Doesn’t bailing out banks create dangerous moral hazard?
  6. How can a nation simultaneously claim to be a liberator while also practising torture?
  7. You swore to uphold the Constitution, yet passed the PATRIOT Act that authorised warrantless wiretapping, and mass surveillance in contravention of the Fourth Amendment. Do you realise that you violated your oath of office?

Better idea, start a new thread on Bush. I'll see you there.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KibbleChild

Are they really failures if they were part of the plan all along? One could argue that they are his and the establishments big successes, considering I believe they want to completely dismantle the constitution and bring America to it's knees.

Well, I think history will judge them as failures, despite his intent.

new topics

top topics

join