It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's,Aliens,Folklore & Otherworldly Beings: Is There A Connection?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You have posted an article in which I am completely interested in. I am currently reading a book by Kenny Klein, called Through The Faerie Glass: A Look at the Realm of Unseen and Enchanted Beings

I personally feel as though they may all be related........

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Some are just a myth, others represent real events,

I absolutely agree.

The hard part is discerning the ' wheat from the chaff '.

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
reply to post by PerfectPerception

A Greek writer of the "paranormal" in one of his public speeches,a long time ago,used a parable:"3 men walk on a country road.It's dusk.Suddenly they see an entity in front of them.They don't talk about it among them and each one goes home.The first man tells his wife that he saw a demon,the second that he saw an elf and the third that he saw an alien"
What he meant is that all three saw an entity and according to each one beliefs and education they interpreted accordingly.

Interesting little parable,thank you for posting.

Echoes my sentiments on the possibility that we may be dealing with the same origin/cause for the different anomalous/paranormal & UFO phenomena,it is masquerading/tricking many to believe that it is individually separate entities all through out recorded history.

Originally posted by Starwise
You have posted an article in which I am completely interested in. I am currently reading a book by Kenny Klein, called Through The Faerie Glass: A Look at the Realm of Unseen and Enchanted Beings

I personally feel as though they may all be related........

Thank you for reading the thread and posting

I believe there is some kind of connection as well.

That book sounds very interesting,I will have to check it out!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Let it be known that although I primarily focused on the folklore/faerie relations between Ufo's and Aliens, there are plenty of examples of various otherworldly entities,anomalous manifestations & paranormal activity that when examined under continued scrutiny tend to reveal connections and correlations.

If we are to speculate that some form of non-human intelligence or what could be described as 'Ultraterrestrials' has been interacting with mankind throughout the ages I believe it would be reasonable to conclude, that these beings are the culprits behind many of the different ufo/alien & paranormal witnessed and experienced encounters.

I thought long and hard about what a typical rebuttal & train of thought would be concerning the common E.T.H. believer's take on what modern day alien abductions tell us....What the actual beings reportedly tell us and their abductees. -

- "We are an interstellar space-faring race that has traveled millions of miles away all the way here to Earth"

- "We are from Andromeda,Zeta Reticuli,Sirius"

Some very important Questions arise:

1.) Do you think They would lie to us about where they are from?
If Yes...
2.) Why would They lie to us about where they are from?

I can give you my personal theory and explanation as to why these beings would falsely mislead many to believe they originate from space,so far away in fact, that it is a technological impossibility with what is presently known and understood.

It is quite simple really:They are not from Space or are They 'Extraterrestrials' ( in the commonly believed sense. )

I will speculate that it very well might be an Deceptive disinfo agenda to confuse and purposely mislead abductees,researchers and Humanity away from the real truth.-

The two predominate scenarios being:

1.) They originate and live not only on but possibly within the Earth.

2.) They co-exist and have possibly always co-existed on the Earth with humanity - Although they typically remain hidden & invisible, because they primarily exist and originate from a multidimensional level/ frequency.

With the general characteristics albrit not an exclusive explanation of what John Keel called -
Ultraterrestrial : A superior, non-human entity of natural or supernatural origin that is indigenous to planet Earth. UFO's, fairies and elves are believed by some paranormal researchers to be Ultraterrestrials.

A scary thought to entertain! No matter what you end up believing if you are willing to accept these alternative ideas and theories.

Whether it be some kind of mysterious non-human intelligence masquerading as different kinds of entities OR the separate recollections throughout history of vastly different beings and modern Alien reports ultimately being one and the same phenomenon.

There are no easy answers.

Originally posted by Jaellma

Great thread. I have seen things that when I tell folks about they laugh and say I must have been seeing things.

Thank you for taking the time to read my rant...I mean my thread

I am willing to believe that you may have witnessed something abnormal that is just as real as you and me ( We are real right!?
)
edit on 23-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Have you ever considered that all of these thing's combined are actually angels,demons,and the will of god on earth?
no,in the bible,all these things are mentioned,and god does not change his word,he is bound by it,and cannot change it,similarly,i cannot change the promise i made too my friends on an online game,through loyalty,and have since lost 3 months of hard work because of that,loyalty,the truth unbroken,and i would be going back on everything i said too do so,but then my friends would think everything i said too them was a lie in the first place,and so i wont,besides,i am loyal too the core,even though i spent over 300$ on this work,i was and still am prepared too stick too my word,loyalty and promises come at a cost,sometimes the promisee loses out.
i know i cant compare gods works too a game,but there are similarity's.
and gods creations come in many forms.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I was under the impression ETs have lied from where they are from and have changed where they are from as we know more and more about the universe
edit on 23-5-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What i am about to say is not conjecture, a few times in late 1998 and early 1999 i, and a few others had "Interactions" with B.O.L's.
One of the places were i had more than one interaction with them is a place called "Jacks Bush", after doing some research about this place there is a history going back to mediaeval times of weird and unexplained happenings.
The place was regarded as to be avoided after dark.

With the benefit of a more modern understanding, if this place was named today, possibly it would be called something with regard to U.F.O's and not the devil, as many unexplained happenings were put down to evil forces or "Jack" synonomous with "Old Nick" english folklore name for the devil, in times long past.
"Jacks Bush" implies a name given based on the high strangeness encountered by travellers passing through there in times past.
Lights being seen in front of people, and as they have got close to them the lights have gone out, and, appeared behind the travellers, is a regular report from people who witnessed the B.O.L's in this location.

I personally had a light approach me, whilst i was stood at a three strand barb wire fence looking into a field, it came on around 30-35 feet away from me, i was then told it was going to move towards me, the light went out and instantaneously moved maybe 15-20 feet towards me, and came back on.
I am ashamed to say i lost my nerve.

We had also seen a UFO in the skies around us before the B.O.L's approached us.

There is a place called DANEBURY HILL nearby, it was here that i saw the UFO "Drop in" from space, DANEBURY in ancient hebrew means "Place of Coming Down", that is what i saw, a UFO coming down to earth at this location.
I have a friend in a nearby village who told me he saw a UFO that looked like a star, "Fall To Earth" in this same place, though around 15 years before i saw it.

There is very much a connection, i started a thread here years ago to try and get some help investigating the star pattern around danebury, there is an ancient connection not only between folklore and otherworldlies, but, between some long forgotten knowledge of them, our ancient landscape, and their presence here from time to time.
In times long past, a lot more was known about when and where they would visit, they still do today, i believe with some effort into the archaeo-astronomical research looking for patterns going back in time, working back from the star pattern the night i saw them, maybe a prediction could be made.
If anyone wants to spend some time on this, who has some experience with starlore, and, maybe stellarium or redshift, PLEASE u2u me.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

I was under the impression ETs have lied from where they are from and have changed where they are from as we know more and more about the universe
edit on 23-5-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

I am not sure if I follow what you are trying to say

Are you are referring to what I wrote in the above post about "Aliens" possibly lying about their origins & the reasons that I believe they would lie?

If so,let me attempt to simplify and better explain what I was trying to get across -

First off,for this arguments sake we would have to believe that something abnormal is transpiring,that "aliens" are real, have been visiting Earth and have/are abducting humans.

After we get past that obstacle, we can take a look at UFO/Alien abductions.What the 'abductees' have to tell us about their experience,Primarily their abductors actions and verbal/telepathic communications.

There are numerous ufologists,independent researchers and the abductees themselves,that are of the belief that these beings originate and thus come from outer space,traveling vast distances from star systems that are light years away.

I am questioning that theory.I am simply saying 'What If' these entities are lying about where they come from?

Following that train of thought and speculation,I would point out the Deceptive nature of the beings.

They want to remain not only hidden but to remain unknowable/mysterious,allowing the continued actions of abductions (for whatever purpose) I imagine they would purposely mislead and confuse anyone who would be trying to find out the true nature of the beings,their intentions,origins.

To put it in human terms-
If anyone for that matter,wanted to remain hidden or did not want someone knowing where they lived, would they not lie or mislead those searching/asking? ( Think of a wanted criminal or say,someone in a witness protection program etc.)

I believe some of these beings are lying.for what reason? That still remains unknown.

There are many books and abduction stories that lead one to conclude that these entities lie,mislead and deceive.
A few quotes and Links-

"But the UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture." - John Ankerberg, The Facts on UFOs and Other Supernatural Phenomena, p. 10

"Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception."
- Dr. Jacques Vallee, Messengers of Deception, p. 20

"We are dealing with a multidimensional paraphysical phenomenon which is largely indigenous to planet earth."
- Brad Steiger, [cited in] Blue Book Files Released in Canadian UFO Report, Vol. 4, No. 4, 1977, p. 20

"We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us."
-Terrence McKenna [from a lecture]

"One theory which can no longer be taken very seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships."
- Arthur C. Clarke, New York Times Book Review, 07/27/75

"There seems to be no evidence yet that any of these craft or beings originate from outer space."
-Gordon Creighton, Official 1992 Flying Saucer Review Policy Statement

"The UFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations of the age-old demonological phenomenon..."
- John A. Keel, UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse, p. 29

"The 'medical examination' to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscient of the medieval tales of encounters with demons. It makes no sense in a sophisticated or technical framework: any intelligent being equipped with the scientific marvels that UFOs possess would be in a position to achieve any of these alleged scientific objectives in a shorter time and with fewer risks."
- Dr. Jacques Vallee, Confrontations, p. 13

UFO quotes that shed light on the deceptive nature of the "alien" presence. (I do not share the conclusion of the person who compiled these quotes,just used the link)

- Alien Abduction: The Threat
- UFOs aren't extraterrestrial - They're extra-dimensional.
edit on 24-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If Yes...

Propably it depends on the species one interacts with.The "evil" aliens could lie about their wereabouts in order to mislead humans or even in fear that one day the humans might be able to take revenge.The "good" aliens, on the other hand, have no reason to lie to us.
From personal experience with the "good" guys i can tell you that those particular species come from space.From what i have understood(they are not always very clear ),their species are older than the planet earth.
I have been told that some originate from earth,but not our earth,a parallel one.

It is clear from ancient myths that these beings come from space.You might have noticed that all the gods come from the "heavens"/sky/stars.It is not a coincidence that one science that flourished in the ancient world was astronomy.And how accurate the astronomical observations were.I don't believe that it was just out of curiosity that our ancestors looked in the sky.They were searcihing for something.The home of their gods perhaps?
Ther is also the Dogon tribe in Africa.

According to their traditions, the star Sirius has a companion star which is invisible to the human eye. This companion star has a 50 year elliptical orbit around the visible Sirius and is extremely heavy. It also rotates on its axis. This legend might be of little interest to anybody but the two French anthropologists, Marcel Griaule and Germain Dieterlen, who recorded it from four Dogon priests in the 1930's. Of little interest except that it is exactly true. How did a people who lacked any kind of astronomical devices know so much about an invisible star? The star, which scientists call Sirius B, wasn't even photographed until it was done by a large telescope in 1970.

The Dogon stories explain that also. According to their oral traditions, a race people from the Sirius system called the Nommos visited Earth thousands of years ago. The Nommos were ugly, amphibious beings that resembled mermen and mermaids. They also appear in Babylonian, Accadian, and Sumerian myths. The Egyptian Goddess Isis, who is sometimes depicted as a mermaid, is also linked with the star Sirius.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

If Yes...

Propably it depends on the species one interacts with.The "evil" aliens could lie about their wereabouts in order to mislead humans or even in fear that one day the humans might be able to take revenge.The "good" aliens, on the other hand, have no reason to lie to us.

Looking at it from that particular perspective I would tend to agree.

It is silly and illogical to believe that an entire race of beings are evil Or good for that matter.Just as there are good humans and there are negative human beings,I imagine it would be similar with most races other than ourselves.

Unless it was some type of 'Hive Mind' mentality that shared malevolent intentions.

I am thinking more along the lines of the threads subject matter and the theoretical possibility that maybe some of the encounters with "Aliens" could be the Deceptive work of either:
1.)Race of otherworldly beings Or 2.) Non-Human Consciousness - Masquerading as Extraterrestrials.

There is nothing in my personal opinion that would lead me to believe that these beings are benevolent,or necessarily have our best intentions at heart.

Of course that is not to say that every race or every single case of abduction or alien encounter is of malevolent intention.

It all depends on your perspective.

It is clear from ancient myths that these beings come from space.You might have noticed that all the gods come from the "heavens"/sky/stars.It is not a coincidence that one science that flourished in the ancient world was astronomy.And how accurate the astronomical observations were.I don't believe that it was just out of curiosity that our ancestors looked in the sky.They were searching for something.The home of their gods perhaps?

I am willing to believe that some Races/Beings originate from space but Not all.

As an example,Let us say that our ancestors witnessed ships descending from the sky.There is nothing stopping us from speculating that these ships/beings could not of originated from either within the planet it's self or from another dimension entirely independent form our own.

When I say within the planet,I am alluding to all of the accounts of UFO's emerging from the ocean and/or bodies of water in general.Then you have the different theories/stories of the hollow earth-agartha/agatha for instance.

- History of the Hollow Earth Theory
- Impact crater evidence indicates hollow planet structure?
- Theories, explanations, explorations, drawings, even photographs that may prove that Earth - and perhaps other planets - are hollow

Take what modern quantum physics has to say about the theoretical possibility of parallel universes and multiple dimensions -
- Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Physics
- Multiple Dimensions: Between Superstrings and Parallel Worlds
- Physicist Brian Greene Explains Why Parallel Universes May Exist

I am not saying that those are the only explanations or origins,just pointing out that we should consider every possibility before prematurely discarding or blindly believing we think we have the answers.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
OOHHHH I like this thread!! I have to leave for work in 15mins, damn!

I will keep this tab up so I can read it as soon as I get home.

Just by the title, I do think there is a connection there

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OMNISLASHER

Originally posted by OMNISLASHER

[Snip]
Have you ever considered that all of these thing's combined are actually angels,demons,and the will of god on earth?

and gods creations come in many forms.

Yes, I have considered that.Although not from the perspective that you may of considered it.
My mind set is not of the Christian doctrine or belief. I do not give "God" the same connotation.

gods creations come in many forms

Or could it be the gods come in many forms

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
OOHHHH I like this thread!! I have to leave for work in 15mins, damn!

I will keep this tab up so I can read it as soon as I get home.

Just by the title, I do think there is a connection there

I look forward to what you think and have to say when you get the chance to read the thread!
don't work too hard!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I stopped following this post but i was replying on a section where you are posting questions of why ET would lie to us and for what reason.. sorry i did not clarify i have been having a zoned out kind of week i probably shouldn't be posting

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

It is ok,no worries. I had an idea what you were referring to.
I hope my reply helped or at the least explained it a little better

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
PROJECTS WENT DOWN THE DRAIN!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthKorea

Can I ask what you are going on about?
What projects? please elaborate friend.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I wanted to continue offering some additional literature and audio for those interested in exploring this subject even further.

I believe that there is much that we currently do not understand about ufology & the paranormal. I suggest that by familiarizing ourselves with the stories of old,the myths and legends,that we might then begin to have a better understanding of what we are presently dealing with.

* Abducted by Aliens: The aliens in the legends that follow are not those from outer space, but rather underground people from our own earth: fairies, trolls, elves.

* British Goblins: Welsh Folk-lore, Fairy Mythology, Legends and Traditions by Wirt Sikes [1880]

* Fairy Theft: legends about thieving fairies

( Fantastic tales from our past,That reveal a connection to our 'modern mythology in the making' of Otherworldly beings interacting with humanity )

RED ICE RADIO Interview- Bob Curran - Dark Fairies, Folklore, Spirits & Creatures [Aired August 26, 2010]

In ancient times, the concept of fairies was rather different. They were the often-dangerous embodiment of the land, dark and unpredictable spirits that watched humanity with a envious and hostile eye. We talk about Spirits, Superstition, The Origins in the Northern Lands, Elementals, The People of the Mounds, possession and Sickness related to the phenomena of Spirits and Fairies.
Topics Discussed: Folklore, Legends in Ireland, Norway, the Ancient Saga, Fairies, Racial Folk Memory, Real or Imaginary, Walt Disney, Oracle of Delphi, Vapours, Fatui, Spirits, Superstition, Christianity and the Church, Elementals, Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Satan, Death, Vampires, The People of the Mounds, Djinn, Possession, Sickness, Physical or Psychological, Changeling, Cottingley Fairies
Source
Download Link - www.redicecreations.com...

Another interview worth exploring-
Leprechauns And Fairies:Coast to Coast AM Interview with Dr. Bob Curran.[Aired March 16, 2009]

*Alien entities claiming they come from other planets might be the greatest hoax ever. - Thought provoking Article proposing Alien entities have been lying all along.

* Is There A Unifying Paradigm For The Paranormal? - Article exploring a unified origin and explanation for the paranormal.
edit on 26-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There are some things in common but there is no proof. I've just summarized your entire post in one sentence.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
There are some things in common but there is no proof. I've just summarized your entire post in one sentence.

Thank you for your contribution.

I imagine if that was I all I had to say creating this thread there would not be anything to talk about,think about or explore. Unfortunately many threads are actually that. Minimalist or vague.

Well then,I guess we should just stop looking,researching and contemplating the mysteries that plague us?

That summary is profoundly simplistic and lacking IMO, the same could be said for many different fringe topics.Where is the fun in that though? The journey sometimes is more important than the destination.

If things were that simple I believe we would understand and know a lot more than we currently do.

The point is looking for the connections,exploring what they could mean and to put it all together so we might better understand and explain the phenomenon.

Not merely skim the surface.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Hello again.

Mike Swords (The Prof), has written quite a lot about whether faeries *might* have been more than the idle chatterings of the great unwashed. As usual, he's got an uncanny knack of bringing someone round to his way of thinking. By the time you finish reading his thought-processes and data, it becomes apparent that something interesting is buried in the mythology.

The first instalment is here > Faerie? A small data-set indicating the possibility that folkloric entities or something very much like them could be real. (If you enjoy it, there are more right at the foot of the page)

He's referenced a couple of the books you just linked to. I recommend a flick through Andrew Lang's views on hallucinations/ apparitions

As I mentioned, there appears to be several areas where something unusual is, or was, happening. People seeing 'faeries' might not necessarily be the same as people seeing apparitions, or 'humanoids' in France. Are they connected and do they arise from a single source? It's too early to tell and I'm not holding any breath in this life-time.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you for those links Kandinsky.

The links with Mike Swords ( The Professor ) are new to me and I look forward to reading them.

I am familiar with Andrew Lang's redaction of Robert Kirk's ' The Secret Commonwealth: of Elves, Fauns and Fairies'
that I linked on the first page. I have been meaning to learn more about Lang,so again,Thank you for that link.

Consciousness is still very much a mystery yet to be fully explained and understood.

The very idea that there could be an underlining archetype within the mind or Consciousness related cause giving way for potential origins and explanation for some of the reported phenomena is just as astounding and thought provoking as any E.T./folklore/paranormal theory that has ever been proposed.

Exciting thoughts to ponder.
edit on 26-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join