It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Diablo 3 troubleshooting thread, for those who are choppy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I got a new laptop in January, It's an Acer Aspire, Pentium P6100, Intel HD Graphics, with 4gb ddr3 memory. 500 gb HD. Model 5733Z.

Diablo 3 is clunky no matter which setting I change. I've updated everything, all current on all the drivers (version: 8.15.10.2622 for video drivers), and tinkering with the settings, some work better (better graphics), some are smoother (faster movement), but there is a 2 second delay between my character shooting and the shot being displayed on the screen. It's like playing in slow motion. ARGH!

I've researched, and a lot of people have my problem. Choppy graphics and playability.

What's a guy to do?

Over to you ATS.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I remember this from the last thread, sorry the setting changes didn't work. But i think i figured it out for you

The min system requirements require a 2.8Ghz processor at minimum.
The chip you are using is a 2 Ghz chip, unless you can overclock it. Could be the most probable cause. What kind of internet do you have though? How fast (speedtest.net) what kind of latency? It could be your net connection too. I know Battlenet spikes in lag for me. You can check the ping in game as well, little verticle green bar next to your spirit meter.
edit on 21/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
you are playing with a underpowered machine, that's why. Low end pentium chip + intel hd graphics = not for demanding games.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Just ran speed test, .07 down and .06 up. That made me laugh. I'm on a sat connection, but it's never been that bad. Gonna cold boot everything, after running the test on several other PCs on the network.

Thanks for the tip, and I'll be back with an update.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Just ran speed test, .07 down and .06 up. That made me laugh. I'm on a sat connection, but it's never been that bad. Gonna cold boot everything, after running the test on several other PCs on the network.

Thanks for the tip, and I'll be back with an update.

Wow. That might be your issue right there man. Sat connections have severe latency issues, it is not meant for gaming.
, You probably do not have any other options though :/.

And the low end chip would probably be fine if its on the min settings. Possibly time for upgrade? You can find some decent machines if you shop on something like craigslist/kijiji or other classifieds.

edit on 21/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

There's something going on with my sat connection. When I was downloading D3, I was getting 200-300 kbps. I snatched in all 7.3 gb over the sat, and didn't have any issues, that was back on the 16th-17th of May.

I cold booted everything, still the same. .12 down, .12 up, now, but dl speeds should be better than ul speeds. I ran several tests. i should be getting 5 mbps, and I used to get that. It's Hughesnet, so maybe they have issues.

Thanks for your help.

Gonna call the ISP tomorrow, and figure out what is going on.

Honestly, I hate how Blizzard made the game online only. With D2, you could play offline, but now, you have to be connected the whole time you play?

Grrr.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I was musing that maybe your integrated graphics doesn't have enough power or possibly lacks certain 3d functions. The sys requirements for the game don't seem that high but I know of old that integrated graphics solutions (as opposed to a dedicated chip such as those from Nvidia or ATI) can make certain games as good as unplayable. Just a thought and maybe something you can test on an old Desktop PC you might have laying around.

I want to play diablo 3 too but 50 bucks for a game is a little out of my league again. Remember than new job I had? Well, I don't have it anymore.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What direct X version do you have ?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

DirectX 11. All up to date on the software end of things. Seems to be a latency issue with my ISP, which is HughesNet. A satellite connection is all I can get at my location. Still working on the issue.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Does anyone have any idea what ports battle.net uses? I have 6112 to trigger. Just wondering.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Diablo 3 network port list

edit on 23/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks a million, '___'. I've been working on this for a few days now.

I have to rule out everything. Sigh!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Does it work yet? I have mine all installed here, I just can't play without a key, or an account, or something. My system doesn't meet minimum requirements so it told me but it still let me install it, run it and see the opening movie when run for the first time.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'm a level 11 Demon Hunter as of right now. It works, and not it's not hardware related at all.

It's latency.

There's no way for me to get a wired Internet connection where I live, so I am stuck with satellite. If I get a ping of 1000 or less, I can play fine. 2000 msec and above, and it begins to lag. 3000, no way. Here's the pinch:

A wired connection has to travel about 5000 miles max. You'll get latency in the range of 500 msec. Sat connections travel 22,000 miles to the satellite, then that back again. The higher latency I am stuck with is because my signal has to travel all the much further. My signal travels about 44 thousand miles to the servers and back.

My connection depends on the weather, and the time of day, as heavy usage on the sat network creates a higher latency. 5pm to 9pm has the highest lag.

To play, you need a battlenet account. You have to have that account, then either purchase the cds or download and pay for the digital copy.

Oh, I should just write a review.

I'll wait for that, until I play a few more characters. I always have liked the ranged units, but the Demon Hunter kinda sucks. I had to have friends in Texas log in to help me beat the Skeleton King in the middle of Act 1.

You can create many different characters, each with a different name, and switch to whatever you want to play at the time. I have a female DH at level 11, my son (8) has a level 7 DH, and we are trying a male wizard tonight.

I'd be more than willing to share my battle.net account with you, so long as you create your own characters to play. Since you are in the Netherlands, how far off are you from EST? I wouldn't care if you played on my account with your own guys in my off time. I'll be expecting a u2u from you.

To work out the details, if you are interested, of course.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I see, pure latency issues. I was thinking it was maybe the vid card. Living in a small country it's easy to forget the convenience that brings to telecom companies. I think most of Holland now has ADSL or similar available.

As for borrowing codes, it's very kind of you but probably against the rules and I'd hate to get your code black-listed.
I'll just wait till it doesn't cost 50 bucks to play.

Patience is a virtue
Virtue is a grace
Grace was a little girl
Who never washed her face.

They have satellite here but the service sucks (meaning d/l / u/l speed) and the price is ridiculous too compared to a cabled alternative. 3-5 times the price.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It's not borrowing codes, it's playing (as in logging in) under another person's account. I do it with my older son all the time. Once you have a valid UN and PW, you create a new character, and play. Sure it's a temporary thing, but at least you get a taste before you buy. It's not meant to be a permanent solution. It's just something to do so you can decide whether it is worth the money or not. How about if I say you have 48 hour access, then I change my account's password?

You are trustworthy, '___', and I wouldn't do this for just anyone. Have fun for once. Try it out, at least, and report back as far as graphics go. You've been very helpful, so it's the least favor I can show in return.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you for the compliment but you are on this occasion wrong.

You may not share your account or password with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account at the same time). (Section 1A of the ToU)

Source

I politely and respectfully decline your kind offer.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well, I do suppose that settles it. Thanks for your diligence. Apparently, according to your research, I can share UNs with my minor child, but not others.

My offer is officially retracted.

top topics

join