It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaid show on animalplanet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've always wondered what a mermaid would taste like.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

numinousness
Hi ya'all. So...um, did you see this?

timenolonger.wordpress.com...

most excellent !!

reading the site now..

ok .. I watched this like 10pm on AP about 2-3 months ago, I didn't even get the hint of a 'mocumentary' at all.. period. I thought it was well thought out and fair to those witnesses that they were questioning.

Here's the thing. Lets say the PTB release information that they are real; guess what's going to happen, millions of people will converge on the site(s) and go hunting like the member that posted above mine that was wondering what mermaid would taste like!

THAT IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN~! just like what is happening with Bigfoot, hunt, kill and slaughter for the thrill of the kill~!

I say, for the sake of their civilization(s) let's let them be and live in obscurity till we as humans evolve into something other than hunters of flesh; humans have a bad seed of killing each other.. very bad.. we're instinctively kill anything that does fit our agenda. Don't like it ..? F**** it .. kill it~!

Doesn't fit our status quo? Kill it~!
Doesn't produce the way we want it to .. ? Kill it~!
Doesn't conform to our laws internationally .. ? Kill em', and kill them ALL!!

edit on 19-9-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
I've always wondered what a mermaid would taste like.

Attitudes like this is ..

why we go to war with each other..

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I didn't mean to offend any vegetarians. I'm an omnivore.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Mermaids: The Body Found was made by a bunch that hate the navy sonar testing.

And a bunch of morons believe it as truth.
en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Body_Found
www.southernfriedscience.com...
www.snopes.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

The whole thing is a mockumentary done by Animal Planet to boost ratings. Ever since Fox bought some of the educational channels, the programming has gone towards pure entertainment rather than any education.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have seen the documentary a while ago but I found it really fake. All the 'evidence' and 'film footage', especially the so called mobile phone movie looked like it was made with windows movie maker, adding some sh*tty effects to make it look real. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not sceptic about everything and there are some creatures I believe in their plausibility of existence but I personally don't believe they exist. The water ape theory sounds realistic but as far as I know all the 'bodies' found where fishes sewed together with an ape. I also found the Finding Bigfoot counterpart of this show pretty made up. But that's my opinion.....

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I saw this the other day, I had read about it before, but managed to keep a straight face and allow my partner to think it was real.

needless to say she was very angry with me when she found out.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mescalero1

This reminds me of the same reaction the BBC got back in the early 90s for airing a one-off mocumentary called 'Ghostwatch'. They received a lot of flak for that too because they didn't really have a disclaimer saying it was a drama. It became quite notorious and VHS copies of it (bootleg, taken from the TV copies) were going for hundreds of pounds.

If you ask me, a brilliant piece of marketing.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

You guys should try to do more research...

www.snopes.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I saw this show a while back. While it is fake, it does a great job of opening up a lot of questions. Our oceans are vast, and incredibly unexplored. Who knows what could be lurking below the waves? Perhaps not mermaids, but other forms of life we had yet to discover! The show I thought was really entertaining and very well done.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I remember in elementary school, about 5th and 6th grade, a couple teacher seemed to point out the webbing between our fingers, the fat layer that no other primates have, and the streamline of dorsal hairs... I didn't see that addressed again even in high school or college lectures.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't think mermaids are really what we think they are,not the beautiful creatures as in the myths,I was thinking about this in one of my restless nights and could not sleep,what if the mermaids are actually aliens that adapted to water,there is reports of USO so maybe they are a under water species of aliens,just one of my crazy theories

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Is this a real mermaid caught on film by Dr Torsten Schmidt, a marine biologist, whilst filming at 3000ft off Greenland?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

micpsi
Is this a real mermaid caught on film by Dr Torsten Schmidt, a marine biologist, whilst filming at 3000ft off Greenland?

Thats is from the TV show and the "Dr" is an actor www.imdb.com... It is not real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join