It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal images of the Annular eclipse from May 20, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
OK....I made these myself. These weren't ripped from some website..lol. I made them between 6:30 and 7:30 or so PM last night.

They may not look like others you have seen, because I took them through a double welding glass filter. I tried to use just one, but it made too much of a glare. Part of these were made with my phone, and some were made with a Canon camera.

If anyone else has any personal pics from this yesterday, feel free to add them to here!

Disclaimer: For the record, I saw no indications at any point of any aliens around the sun, or extra planetary or solar bodies at any point. Also, no retinas, animals or small children were harmed during the making of this!

Sorry if some of these are kinds big. Some I couldn't reduce any more than they are and still have a reference or good quality of pic.

This is early on. 6:32 PM My time.

This is about the same time, but with a single filter. This is why I had to use 2. I got way too much flare from the single one.

This is one of the best overall I got I think. This is from 6:36 and was made with my wife's camera.

This is from 7:05. You can tell between this one and the previous one how the moon has moved across the sun.

A little over 10 mins later. 7:17. Another pic from the camera and not my phone.

10 more minutes after the last pic.

Finally the last pic I have that is worth posting. This is from approximately 7:33 PM.

Hope everyone enjoys these. And remember...I showed you mine, now show me yours!!!!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
For reference, I'm located in the NW US. In Montana to be more specific. It doesn't matter if I tell or not. Some anal retentive government agent could probably figure out exactly where I am anyways based on the angle of the moon, and the time I listed as having taken them!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thank you very much for bringing us some images for those who couldn't observe it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for those pics!! I am in southwestern Ontario Canada, and didn't get to see a thing.
It was nice to see some pictures (that weren't on msm news) from someone who got to see the real thing.
Thanks again, jacygirl

edit on 21-5-2012 by jacygirl because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Those look really cool. Nice pictures dude.

I didn't get to see it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanks all. I wish some of them had turned out better, or we had a better coverage of the moon here, but oh well.... lol. And to top it off...there was some pretty decent cloud cover for about 20 mins or so as it was building up. Overall though I'm pretty happy with how most of the pics came out...especially on my phone and a low end personal camera!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
For reference, I'm located in the NW US. In Montana to be more specific. It doesn't matter if I tell or not. Some anal retentive government agent could probably figure out exactly where I am anyways based on the angle of the moon, and the time I listed as having taken them!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing what obviously took some time and effort on your part.
It's really strange to visualize the sun as a crescent in the sky, we're so accustomed to seeing the moon that way.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

Lol...yeah. When I made a couple of these, I mass texted people on my phone sending them pics I had made. I had a couple of them reply back..."I can't even see the moon right now!!"

I had to tell them it was the sun they were seeing that was crescent shaped...not the moon..lol.

top topics

join