It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no "news" on TV news networks right now......just odd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This seems weird to me. I was just channel surfing, and all of the news networks are all in a row, and none of them had newscasters or even the scroll going across the bottom. I watched TV at all hours of the day and night, and I've never seen a time where there isn't at least some sort of "news" on, even if it is just the same stories repeating every five or ten minutes.

Shouldn't there be some coverage of something? It's been nothing but Trayvon, Election news until today, when the G8 is going on. Shouldn't there at least be some coverage of that, or at least the protests?

Seems to me that the MSM is up to their usual shenanigans. What is going on right now that we aren't supposed to know?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry, I re-read your post and you make it clear the news is on all the time. Let us know if the situation changes. It could be something is in the works.
edit on 5/19/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My guess it that it has something to do with commercial spot breaks being scheduled to stop channel flipping. The idea being that the networks try to time their breaks with competitors: people have a tendency to flip the channel on commercial, so if the competition is on break as well then you flip back. I especially notice it during flagship programming.

My cynical side says when is there ever news on? The all-news networks have become what I call "current-event entertainment"...sort of how pro-wrestling has started to call itself "sports entertainment."

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It wasn't commercials on, they were all playing documentaries/shows. Havent tried in a while watching what is going on in Chicago

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Calm before the storm perhaps. Is that what you're getting at ?

Don't know how to find it now, but there is an audio recording of a radio DJ saying something like 'it's so quiet today, it's eery' on the morning of the 9/11 event.

Peace Out

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
Calm before the storm perhaps. Is that what you're getting at ?

Don't know how to find it now, but there is an audio recording of a radio DJ saying something like 'it's so quiet today, it's eery' on the morning of the 9/11 event.

Peace Out

Yeah, I have heard that before. They were on live tv when he said it too. Someone should be covering what is going on in Chicago, but that apparently isnt going to happen until "the time is right" Something fishy ahem....fisy-er than normal

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Of course Mark Zukerberg getting married made the news, not a word about what is going on now in Chicago. That is crazy CNN- Mark Zukerberg married, Horse race, Gay Marriage
MSNBC- Lockup
HLN- Random crime show
FOX- Reporter fired for her blog

What a joke

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
BBC News 24 in the UK is reporting as normal, some G8 stuff, and something about baby trafficking, I would tell you more, but for some bizarre reason, I have decided to watch the 1984 film "The Philadelphia experiment" at 3am.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It's becoming more and more painful for me to watch MSM because they cover the most ludicrous and irrelevant stories. My mainstay lately has been ATS because members hold great pride in breaking relevant news.
Could never go back. Especially after watching the Trevawn scandal get played out for soo long and not covering more groundbreaking stories. Makes me sick.

Regardless, hope to see you down the line

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Meh. Late at night is when they put on all of those awful talk shows about celebrities and useless crap. It's difficult to find NEWS At night time.
I think it's strange today though, you think they'd be covering NATO.
There's a lady that does Chicago news, (she was in Chicago talking about the traffic or something, a respinder of sorts?) she's bigger, black, short.
And her eyes looked all puffy, she looked miserable. (no offense to her)
I dunno, maybe it's allergies, but when I saw her talk, her face looked "puffy" and her eyes were all squinty.
She just looked miserable, like se hadn't slept for days. It was strange.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
To be honest, no "news" in this society really is good news, not to sound cliche

I liken our world to the tool song vicatious. I mean we are so consumed with negativity and death and destruction, that when we get a break from that stuff, we really need to be thankful. It's so hurtful to the collective psyche. It's wonderful to trun on the telivison and just have emotional silence.

new topics

top topics

join