It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dumbing down of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Well here you go, the beginning of if you can't do the test we will make it easier.

The results came days after the Florida State Board of Education voted to lower the standards needed to pass the writing part of the test, known as FCAT. The test is administered in public elementary, middle and high schools.

Is nothing given as a challenge anymore? If you can't meet the needs to exceed the test you simply wait until they lower the standards?

"We are asking more from our students and teachers than we ever have, and I am proud of their hard work," Florida Education Commissioner Gerard Robinson said in a statement.

Proud? Do not make excuses, put your head down and accomplish that what you sought. The greatest generation is indeed past us.

Good day to you all.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I give about 10 years before States do away with testing altogether. Just hand out passing certificates. Don't want anyone to feel bad, or less than, ya know.....

Des

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Dumb people dont question authority.

We walked blindly into the mess we are in now. The government is now trying even harder to push for the dumber, easier sheep to control and manipulate.

This was Hitlers plan, but his had to be done quickly. The States did it skillfully, over many many many years.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I give about 10 years before States do away with testing altogether. Just hand out passing certificates. Don't want anyone to feel bad, or less than, ya know.....

Des

Sad isn't it friend? What happened to adversity? What happened to bettering yourself to meet the oncoming goal? Our grandparents were the greatest.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's not just happening in the US though, it happens on the other side of the world too. China has nearly destroyed hundreds of individual cultures within their country by mandatory simplified Chinese implementation and they even went as far as trying to eliminate Traditional Chinese through Hong Kong when the SAR was given back.

Poor uneducated people are easy to manipulate. If the masses do not live up to their potential, but the select few do, it makes it much easier to govern for the select few.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Dumb people dont question authority.

We walked blindly into the mess we are in now. The government is now trying even harder to push for the dumber, easier sheep to control and manipulate.

This was Hitlers plan, but his had to be done quickly. The States did it skillfully, over many many many years.

I agree. Tis easier to control sheep than wolves.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Too much effort or work needed to make it right?

Just lower the standard.

It's the American Way!

Public schools are a joke anyway. All they do is brainwash you into believing your country is better than every other country. When I was in school they never mentioned Nikola Tesla who is arguably the father of the 20th century. They teach that their way is the best way and you have to learn (math for example) to do it their way or you will never get it. Not to mention the teachers pushing their views and opinions onto the students.

I forgot to add what's with everyone getting rewarded (tropheys) just for participation? It was not like that when I wen't to school. Only the best got rewarded and it was better that way. It made you want to do better to win the gold or silver. They way it's done now will only result in kids believing they are entitled to things and that everyone is equal. That is not how the real world works. Some people are better at things than other people. What happens when these kids don't get that job and it goes to someone more qualified and better?
edit on 19-5-2012 by MrSandman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSandman

Too much effort or work needed to make it right?

Just lower the standard.

It's the American Way!

Public schools are a joke anyway. All they do is brainwash you into believing your country is better than every other country. When I was in school they never mentioned Nikola Tesla who is arguably the father of the 20th century. They teach that their way is the best way and you have to learn (math for example) to do it their way or you will never get it. Not to mention the teachers pushing their views and opinions onto the students.

I agree with you that schools teach that your country is the best and here is a (lie) to tell you why........

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Well, I suppose nationalism is an important part in keeping the military running. Another lie they teach is that the US is a democracy when in reality it's a republic (If you could call it that these days).

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSandman

Well, I suppose nationalism is an important part in keeping the military running. Another lie they teach is that the US is a democracy when in reality it's a republic (If you could call it that these days).

Agreed my friend. How long did we as Americans get spoon fed crap saying that the Soviet Union was evil and we were entirely good?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I'm not 100% convinced we were ever really serious about going to war with the USSR. I think we being enemies served a purpose for both sides. The communists could say that the US was out to get them and the US says that the communists were out to get them. Then we had the constant fear of an attack at any moment. Sound familiar? Today the terrorists are out to get us and could attack at any moment and that justifies giving up freedom and privacy for.

Since 1950 we've had the constant fear of an attack. Except for 1990. Even after the USSR fell, only a year later we had terrorists trying to blow up the WTC.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A WHISTLEBLOWER'S ACCOUNT

The Deliberate Dumbing Down Of America

Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, former Senior Policy Advisor in the U.S. Department of Education, blew the whistle in the `80s on government activities withheld from the public. Her inside knowledge will help you protect your children from controversial methods and programs. In this book you will discover

6.75 MB download available for free

www.deliberatedumbingdown.com...

A short Youtube of Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt
www.youtube.com...

A fuller 45 min interview -
www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
3 words.

Home School.

Oh dang, . . . . . .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Who cares? They're mostly learning to repeat bunk history and avoid critical thinking like the plague. Pun intended

top topics

join