It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What UFO incident, or case made you a believer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Popular

Your 25? Your still a kid buddy. Live and love now, because it will be over before you know it. As for UFO's I can honestly say I never saw anything that would qualify. On the other hand I have seen some advanced aircraft that would freak some people out. For me the totality of the anecdotal evidence over the last 60 years is the kind of mind numbing problem that on one hand, could not stand up in court. And yet many of the people who have seen something one could call a UFO have a visceral and primal reaction that I can only call authentic. At least for them. A persons perception of an unusual phenomena is going to be highly subjective. But if that perception is tied to another, associated nuts and bolts event, then things can get really interesting.

My initial interest in UFO's started in the 1970's when I was prejudiced to believe the whole phenomena was a sociological artifact of our culture and our time. Something akin to an allergic reaction to rapid change. That was in many respects the so called official line. Boy was I wrong. I mean its one thing to discount something someone says, believing them is a combination of accessing their credibility, their level of education and understanding, their experience and yes frankly, their acting ability.

But its the corresponding events that are sometimes associated with UFO sightings that really blew my mind. Its one thing to have someone say, despite their credentials they "saw" something, but at the end of the day you can't cross examine a memory. But when you have corresponding physical events associated with UFO's, that can't be explained away. I've seen people fall all over themselves trying to explain away stuff and that only proved to me one thing: Not everyone is a natural lier.

For example several incidents were UFO's were spotted over and near our ICBM missile fields in North Dakota and Wyoming. And during several sightings our missile's were rendered inert. We couldn't launch them if we went over to them and pushed. To this day none of these events have ever been adequately explained, and yet it did happen, and scared the hell out of people at the highest level of many governments, the USA included.

After the former Soviet Union once again became Russia, I had the opportunity to be the guest of of a Russian scientist who just happened to be a general in the GRU, or military intelligence (what he called his "hobby"). Like me he was a scientist at heart. I guess being a spook was his day job. He asked me out of the blue what I thought about the "UFO problem" Interestingly enough that was how it was referred to in one of the few classified briefing papers on the subject. There were a huge number of documents, some of which have actually been re-classified after Yeltsin. Oh but I did get a peek. Briefly.

It seems the exact same problem we had on a number of occasion's with our land based nuclear missile's they also had. And for them it was even more nerve rattling ( and it was nerve rattling enough for us) because most of Russians nuclear weapons are based on land based ballistic missiles, they have a lower percentage of weapons on missile boats and only a few bombers. I tried to find out if we ever had a similar problem on our missile boats and was told very rudely "you don't need to know so get lost". But my friend inferred that the Russians had had some very strange events associated with their ballistic missile subs. I had heard nothing about this until that day when he told me. I was also told that the submarine hulls on several of their boats had somehow been "rearranged" at the atomic layer.

This is crucial because one way you employ to cloak a submarine is to minimize its electro-magnetic "aura". One method is to use materials like titanium in the hull. But its a trade off and with no margin for error, because if welds are not absolutely perfect, lets just say really unpleasant things can happen. A hull can open to the sea like a zipper. What I was reading (thanks to a translator) was this had happened at least once. It was a shakedown cruise and there were no nuclear weapons on board, but an unspecified number of men did loose their lives. In a nutshell titanium may be a sexy material but its also a royal pain in the a**.

During an exercise in 1978 involving several subs and surface ships in the baltic, a UFO was spotted "shadowing" the ships. When several of the submarines returned to port the hulls had what was described to me as a "very bright signature" They were literally glowing in every electromagnetic frequency but visible light. Very bad for a submarine. The 1985 report was labled unexplained but case open. If the same kind of creepy s*** happened to us or anyone else, no ones talking. No government will admit that there is not jack they can do, and that leaves me as usual with more questions then answers.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sometimes I look around at the competency of all those around me and then look at the accomplishments accredited to the human race and wonder if that is not some level of evidence.

As for my personal viewpoints on the ufo phenomenon I rely on what my senses garnered, collaborating evidence submitted by multiple eye witnesses of specific events, testimony supplied by astronauts, personal experiences spanning over a decade in the usaf, and other peoples' accounts of experiences I've met over the years.

<< 1   >>

join