It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any cigar smokers on here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hey guys I've just taken up cigars and was wondering what you guys favourite smokes are. My most recent smoke was a rocky patel edge maduro which was awesome!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Yummy.

Description
Benzene
(petrol additive) •A colourless cyclic hydrocarbon obtained from coal and petroleum, used as a solvent in fuel and in chemical manufacture - and contained in cigarette smoke.
•A It known carcinogen associated with leukaemia.

Formaldehyde
(embalming fluid) •A colourless liquid, highly poisonous, used to preserve dead bodies - also found in cigarette smoke.
•Known to cause cancer, respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal problems.

Ammonia
(toilet cleaner) •Used as a flavouring, frees nicotine from tobacco turning it into a gas
•Often found in dry cleaning fluids.

Acetone
(nail polish remover) •Fragrant volatile liquid ketone, used as a solvent, for example, nail polish remover
•Found in cigarette smoke.

Tar •Particulate matter drawn into lungs when you inhale on a lighted cigarette. Once inhaled, smoke condenses and about 70 per cent of the tar in the smoke is deposited in the smoker's lungs.

Nicotine
(insecticide/addictive drug) •One of the most addictive substances known to man, a powerful and fast-acting medical and non-medical poison.
•This is the chemical which causes addiction.

Carbon Monoxide (CO)
(car exhaust fumes) •An odourless, tasteless and poisonous gas, rapidly fatal in large amounts
•The same gas that comes out of car exhausts
•The main gas in cigarette smoke, formed when the cigarette is lit

Others •Arsenic (rat poison)
•Hydrogen Cyanide (gas chamber poison)

You're Doing It Wrong

I use to smoke, cigars and smokes, it was bad mkay?

Stop giving money to Tobacco companies, they've ruined enough lives.

~Tenth

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Boo to you...every thing we do in this world has a bad effect...walking outside and breathing the air is bad...

Enjoy a cigar if you want...you could get hit by a bus tomorrow...why do people always feel they have the right to tell others how to run their lives?

I like flavored cigars myself....cognac etc...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's the cars.....the cars are killing us!!!!!! I want everyone to stop driving cars!!!!

Greenhouse Gas Emission Exhaust fumes from vehicles combine with factory and power plant emissions to comprise the human activities most responsible for emitting greenhouse gases, National Geographic News reported in 2005. Stanford University researcher Mark Z. Jacobson wrote in August 2010 that soot emissions are a significant cause of global warming, noting that soot from exhaust fumes contains black carbon, a particle that efficiently absorbs solar radiation entering Earth's atmosphere as well as radiation reflected by the Earth. Myocardial Ischemia A British Heart Foundation study discovered that inhaling diesel fumes increases the incidence of myocardial ischemia, a condition that reduces the blood flow to the heart, and also inhibits the release of tissue plasminogen activator, also known as t-PA, a protein that helps prevent blood clotting. The reduction of the amount of oxygen the heart receives due to exhaust fumes increases the risk of a heart attack and diesel exhaust is particularly dangerous, containing 10 to 100 times the particulate matter within exhaust fumes from a gasoline engine. Read more: What Are the Dangers of Exhaust Fumes? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

Asthma Symptom Exacerbation The Children's Health Study reported that children living within 250 feet of a major thoroughfare were 1 1/2 times more likely to suffer asthma symptoms than children with homes 975 meters or farther from a similar roadway. Even when exhaust fumes and other pollutants are under the U.S. government's National Ambient Air Quality Standards benchmark for indicating a health hazard, exhaust fumes can still trigger asthma symptoms. Being near idling cars subjects pedestrians and drivers with asthma to carbon monoxide exposure levels that can cause an asthma attack, according to the American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Common symptoms of toxic carbon monoxide poisoning are weakness, headache, nausea and disorientation and extended exposure to carbon monoxide fumes can cause death by asphyxiation, according to MedLine Plus. Drivers backed up in heavy traffic are susceptible to carbon monoxide exposure that can trigger symptoms. Drivers shouldn't idle cars in garages due to the risk of carbon monoxide accumulation in the enclosed space, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. Infants, children and seniors are at greater risk for succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning than the rest of the general public, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. It recommends that homeowners equip residences with carbon monoxide detectors. Read more: What Are the Dangers of Exhaust Fumes? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

If I can't smoke then no one can drive!!!!!!
edit on 19-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i like a pipe (cherry tobacco) but thought about the cigars.... i know your meant to mouth the cigar smoke and not inhale..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Enjoy your cigars...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ive been puffing on backwoods lately. They are great all natural tobacco hand rolled. They are really smooth and mellow. I like em. You can get them at most smoke shops too.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

My Dad switched to a pipe when he quite cigs...made the house smell wonderful...he went totally smoke free for 20 years and now decided to give cigars a try since he made to 70 years old.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Swisher sweets wood tips, I only smoke em when shooting though.
2nd line

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Funny thing, I had some anti smoking fools I had to deal with years back and they always complained about my smokey smell.
I stopped using cologne and started using Palmers cocoa butter lotion and everyone loved having me around as they all thought I smoked pipe and it reminded them of their Daddy's or Grandpa's.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I no longer smoke any more, but when i did i use to enjoy a montecristo no2...damn i miss them.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

Ooh good call!

I dont intend to smoke often as I quit cigarettes 3 years ago, im talking like 1 a month.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I quit smoking a few years ago, but used to enjoy a cigar quite often. Swisher Sweets was my favorite, dipped in Rum, another favorite of mine, Capitan Morgan and I went on more than a few voyages together. When I was working on cars full time, a cigar made a little more sense if one wished to smoke while working. Do you believe I can remember smoking everywhere? Even in a hospital room. These were the days, friend. Thanks for the sweet memories!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Check out the Drew Estate Acids Line. High quality out of Nicaragua. My fav if the Kuba Kuba but they are all pretty good - infused with spices. Enough to notice and enjoy but not enough to dominate.

They have other lines too like their Naturale'. I recommend a sampler first to see what you dig.

hmmm - think I'll smoke one tonight now

top topics

join