It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the drone paranoia / hysteria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The difference is active search versus just passive surveillance.

How would you say a drone was different from a policeman on the beat?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
itmay be just me - but in the last week - every time i see drones / UAV`s mentioned on ATS , the threads degenerate into paranoia and hysteria that is above and beyond even ATS

what the hell has come over some people ?

why is that - drones will do just the same tasks as police helicopters

You are right, we shouldn't become paranoic when drones fly over our heads. You must unsderstand....., I takes time for us to get used to a new type of control. Please be patient while we slowly remove from our minds the concept of free will that God gave us.

Right now for example, I'm thinking in what other way I can use my middle finger, since I won't be able to raise my hand to the sky and show it when a drone pass by.

Thinking about it, maybe it's not that bad. Hopely the chemtrails will stop making the sky blurry, to give 100% visibility to the cameras in the drones. Awesome right?.

I so loved this

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wanna hear something ironic? I thought the drone thing had calmed down in the news and then I saw something today that made me go "Hmmm..." It's like drone desensitization:

Illinois news proudly reporting that the Rockford air show will have a predator drone as part of the show, one of only 3 in the country to ever be used for display purposes:

hosted.ap.org...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Also, you can't miss a police helicopter. Drones, on the other hand, are completely undetectable.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

The difference is active search versus just passive surveillance.

How would you say a drone was different from a policeman on the beat?

I know the question was not directed at me, but...

...You can see the policeman on the beat (and without descending into a different discussion that, though perhaps more important, would derail the thread - that of the centrality of police to a police state or state in any sense). You cannot, however, see a drone that may or may not be interested in your movements from it's lofty vantage point.

It's a bit like how we're supposed to either not be monitored without our knowledge, or - contrarily - have evidence against us presented to a judge who then provides a warrant to allow the police to monitor our movements.

Sure, the drones probably require a habeas corpus mandate, in theory, but in practice we've seen where habeas corpus has ended up over the last decade since the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act and subsequent bills such as NDAA and other executive orders (on the cutting room floor, namely).

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Firstly, who said the armed drones were a hoax? I read that whole thread and nowhere did anybody prove it as such.

Secondly, why wouldnt this bother people? I mean, this is the kind of thing movies are made of. Big Brother with a constant eye in the sky. Now armed and patroling for domestic 'terrorists' (there are so many these days) in an airspace near you.

And this doesnt bother you?
Wake up

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

Firstly, who said the armed drones were a hoax? I read that whole thread and nowhere did anybody prove it as such.

I did.

Along with quite a few other people.

Did you miss these posts?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

An Air Force official called the video an obvious hoax, explaining that no unmanned drones are cleared to fly over a U.S. city or population center. Furthermore, the aircraft in the video moves across the screen faster than a real Predator can fly.

The aircraft also appears to be carrying two Hellfire missiles, “And I can 100% assure you that there will NEVER be a time anywhere in the near future where anyone will be flying ARMED RPAs [drones] over our country, the official said.

militarytimes.com...

There it is, straight from an unnamed Air Force officials mouth.
Don't you feel safer already?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hmm...

washington.cbslocal.com...

Chief Deputy Randy McDaniel of the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office in Texas told The Daily that his department is considering using rubber bullets and tear gas on its drone.

“Those are things that law enforcement utilizes day in and day out and in certain situations it might be advantageous to have this type of system on the UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle),” McDaniel told The Daily.

So is it still paranoid?
edit on 23/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Pentagon Source Alludes to MARTIAL LAW Around July 1st 2012

NATO TROOPS will be heavily involved in patrolling the streets of America when we finally come under MARTIAL LAW.
They have long been secretly preparing FOREIGN UN/NATO TROOPS for the hour of martial law NWO takeover in America.
The UN/NATO FOREIGN TROOPS will be involved in GUN CONFISCATION and arresting and firing upon on uncooperative Americans, among other duties.
Therefore they have been informed of WHEN MARTIAL LAW WILL BE TRIGGERED IN AMERICA AND WHEN THEY WILL BE USED TO ENFORCE IT NATIONWIDE.
THE AIRPORTS WILL BE SEIZED AND EVERYONE WILL BE TRAPPED LIKE RATS IN A CAGE.
NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN US BORDERS WILL BE SEALED to keep panicking Americans from fleeing into either country under martial law.
HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THIS?

www.pakalertpress.com... gn=Feed%3A+pakalert+%28Pak+Alert+Press%29

top topics

<< 1   >>

join