It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teach me how to make a proper thread?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Try looking up the following people on ATS (picked out of memory/familiarity, and not an exclusive list) and see how they do it

Rising Against
BlackPoison94
Issac Koi

Should give you some ideas

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have to second your comment, though I may pontificate on many issues, I'm only deeply passionate about a few.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

wish i coould make a nice proper one iv been through the freshman fourum and still stuggle but thake the ridicule ect on the chin theres only one way to learn and thats keep trying,well thats what im doing,hope knowone mind's theres so many pure awsome ppl here and i can only wish i could match the quality of there stuff,phage is one of my fav's iv learnd so much just from reading his input,if i had the choice of being here of glp if my arm relyed on it id be here typing single handed
merit to all of you !!!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture1200

No thanks. I'm to full of my self to need an avatar...

An avatar is useful. When you start a thread, it is up to you to follow it. If you have a distinctive avatar, you can skip to the last page and work backwards to your own last post. An avatar makes it easier to find. You can then "catch up" on the discussion from there.

Also, please do not try to control the thread. People with opinions different than your own have every right to participate. Respond appropriately to dissenters with reason or example; don't just tell them to go away, or call them names. (This was the point to Chad's example.) Make your case, don't preach to the choir.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You do make a good point. But how do I, a guy with ZERO artistic ability embody me in a single image? I'm not saying that I'm better then any one else, If you want the truth, I'm only admitting to being seriously artistically impaired. So if any one out there with any talent has any suggestion, I would gladly listen.

But my avatar must embody me as I am now, and to be brief it includes: curiosity, chaos, joy, love, conviction and joyful unending curiosity. If anyone out there can embody that in an image, take your best shot.
edit on 5/2/12 by arbiture1200 because: correcting bad grammar, and for once I can't blame my computers speech interpretive program. Its my own fault.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I would say go look at Rising Against or SLAYER69 and use the quote feature to look at how they did their threads. They put lots of information, resources, videos, graphics, colors, etc.

The secrets are....

1. Have a good topic. Don't post just to post, but have something interesting to share.
2. Take your interesting topic and collect resources and differing points of view and offer a well-rounded subject.
3. Search ATS and make sure to give proper credit for previous discussions on the issue.
4. Make the thread easy to read, short paragraphs, bullet points, hyperlinks, and embedded photos and videos.

If you can do those 4 things, your threads will be awesome!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean by 'make a proper thread'. First of all you either start a thread or contribute to an existing one by posting.
Are you mixing up 'thread' and 'post'?
If you do start a thread, remember you don't own it - think of it as kicking the ball onto the field at the start of the game.
Try to differentiate between OPINION and FACT (there are plenty on here who don't) and check out multiple sources before posting. Even do a search on here before posting. There is nothing more aggravating IMO than seeing multiple threads passing on the same 'breaking news'.

edit on 21-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

How do i create a thread/ new topic in the first place?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tzdub
reply to post by kdog1982

How do i create a thread/ new topic in the first place?

I am not Kdog, but I will try to help. Pick the forum your interested in posting in, on the ribbon at the top, see FORUMS, on there you can read what each forum is about, then click on the name of that forum, at the top of the page you will see NEW Topic or POST NEWS or something in both green and white letters, click it, then you get a box like the one you wrote your post on, with a title box just above it. Does that help?
edit on 12-9-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Have something interesting to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join